over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions on coffee makers...wife's birthday

Pheedno

Registered
Wife's birthday is coming up and she's been throwing hints about a new coffee maker. We've used french press for years, and will still use weekends, but she wants something to make coffee ready by the time she wakes.

Here's what I need in it:

Programmability for set up before bed
Insulated carafe to keep hot for hours..she usually has another couple of cups later morning(4-5hrs).
Relatively easy maintenance

It would be AWESOME if I could find one that could cold brew as well but that's just for me.

Price range: $100-$250

We just got a ninja coffee bar and love it. Can be as simple or as complicated as you want/need and it can do single cup or carafe, froth milk - all that stuff. 159 at Costco

Rep for mygearguru

Visit mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs!

Good timing for you. I am in the market for a new brewer and have researched the crap out of this.

Based on your criteria - you should get the Behmor Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker .

Review-of-the-Behmor-Brazen-Plus-Temperature-Control-Coffee-Maker.jpg

Best coffee brewer on the market by far. The caveat is...It is not elegant looking.

You want an SCAA certified brewer.
Unfortunately the 9 cup AXO is POS.
The Moccamaster does not check off all your boxes and requires that you stir the coffee mid brew (for $300...fuck that).
The others on the current SCAA list have various shortcoming.

Me? I am going to wait until September because Bonavita and Breville are introducing new brewers that function like the Brazen, but look more appealing on my countertop. I am leaning towards the Breville.

https://www.cnet.com/products/breville-precision-brewer-thermal/preview/

https://www.cnet.com/videos/meet-the-new-motif-line-of-advanced-coffee-machines/

Good luck with your choice.

If you like just regular coffee, it's not programmable but I highly recommend a Bunn. What's different about them is that there's a reservoir in it where water is kept hot all the time (you have to turn off the entire unit if you're going on vacation and won't be making coffee for several days in a row). We put a filter and coffee in it the night before and fill the carafe up with tap water. When I wake, I pour the water in the pot and the tap water displaces an equal volume of hot water (meaning it starts perking immediately).

I then go the restroom, weigh, maybe fix a quick cup of SF fiber and take a supplement or two, and before I'm done, the coffee is too.

The ninja coffee bar is absolutely amazing but doesn't meet your requirements.

... well what have you found so far? you have a few criteria so I assume you've been looking already

I have a run of the mill keurig. Not exactly what you are looking for but it makes a cup of fresh coffee quick like. Good product IMO

I have a run of the mill keurig. Not exactly what you are looking for but it makes a cup of fresh coffee quick like. Good product IMO

What I do nowadays. Keurig on the weekdays when I'm in a hurry in the mornings and an aeropress for the weekends when I have the time. Not that the aeropress takes long either though.

I recommend a Nespresso Coffee Machine. It's not what you stated but very simple and takes 1 min in the morning and they taste amazing.

We just got the ninja as well and love it. There so much you can do with it.

Ive been looking at a Bonavita and Cuisinart but after checking out the Ninja models....it doesn't quite add up to everything I'm looking for but it's damn enticing. I might wake up early to make her coffee so I can have that machine. lol

Thanks guys. I'll pull the trigger on one of them in the next couple days.

Ive been looking at a Bonavita and Cuisinart but after checking out the Ninja models....it doesn't quite add up to everything I'm looking for but it's damn enticing. I might wake up early to make her coffee so I can have that machine. lol

Thanks guys. I'll pull the trigger on one of them in the next couple days.

Told ya. that ninja coffee bar is a game changer. Costco 159. Can't beat it.

Rep for mygearguru

Visit mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs!

My solution would actually be 3 different products unfortunately. A cold brewer, a nice top shelf insulated mug, and a Keurig.

This is the cold brewer I use it is awesome and simple.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTIYU60/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hydroflasks are a little pricey but will keep coffee hot for 6 hours.
https://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Flask-...os-20&linkId=75479f2ca52dd019017477ef9d69fce7

Keurigs are great. I never thought I would bite, but when I recieved one as a gift, I can't see ever going back to a regular machine.
https://www.amazon.com/Keurig-Singl...ie=UTF8&qid=1494097490&sr=1-5&keywords=keurig

I use the K-cups, watch for them on sale at the grocer. However, you can also use this cup to just use your average ground coffee to stretch your dollar.
https://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup...rd_wg=DdHEX&psc=1&refRID=T1JVBZRP3WVM5SW1HBVZ

Hope that helps!

I recommend a Nespresso Coffee Machine. It's not what you stated but very simple and takes 1 min in the morning and they taste amazing.

Those coffee pods? Hahaha, no.

The Ninja is OK, they seem to over extract a little for my tastes though.

I have the Bonavita BV 1900TS, it's the best coffee machine I've owned, and I've had a few. $123.90 from Amazon. Carafe keeps the coffee hot for a long time, but there's no programmability. Only takes 5 mins to brew though.

A good quality French press makes the best coffee .

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members