over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions On Youth Trends

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Every study of kids 16-20 is that they are far less social today. But it's been going off a cliff for years. Do you see this trend of communicating electronically (cell phones, tablets, laptops) as just the natural progression of technology or something more nefarious that is harmful to society (in any number of ways)?

We went from backyard football and hanging at friends' houses to World of Warcraft and Tik Tok. What's up with that? What impact do you think this has on youth mental health?

Screenshot_20221120-192418_Samsung Internet.jpg

the lockdown had an in impact on those numbers too, right?

Covid could be a factor. But if was Covid, you'd tend to think there would be a steep drop-off. This a more gradual downward curve. But, kids being kids, I remember people freaking out about kids going to the beaches for spring break. So I'm truly not sure.

They have unlimited access to information. Instant communication to any of their friends. We had to wait until someone got home to call their house. Or we'd call everybody until we found them. And if they were on their bikes or vehicles they might as well been on the moon.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. Just very different. And it happened fast. Only time will tell. We'll have to see. My son grew up surrounded by technology. He's a Penn State grad to like his dad. Only 28 and has an engineering job, his own place. But he grew up in a privileged home, he's not burdened by college loans, his landlord is me... so he had some advantages. But he's a good kid.

So it's different but is it different good or different bad. It's interesting to speculate.

Its hard for me to think its a good thing those back yard parties with football is personal. Instant communication so unipersonal
Time will tell Its a whole different generation out there. But I remember my grandfather telling me the same thing and my generation seems to be fine.

There's something about cell phones that really attract the younger kids. The under 5y kids are always asking if they can play with my phone at my family gatherings. It's beyond mimicking adults.

There's something about cell phones that really attract the younger kids. The under 5y kids are always asking if they can play with my phone at my family gatherings. It's beyond mimicking adults.
Yes. They feel they're missing something or 'missing the action' and you know how much kids hate that. Mine did the same, too. But J keep pretty tight parental controls over their apps. But no doubt they get around it. We would have. They can bypass parental controls or master the most complicated app but they have no idea how to change a tire or ride a bike. Motorcycles are going to die with this generation. Millennials on down just aren't into it.

Yes. They feel they're missing something or 'missing the action' and you know how much kids hate that. Mine did the same, too. But J keep pretty tight parental controls over their apps. But no doubt they get around it. We would have. They can bypass parental controls or master the most complicated app but they have no idea how to change a tire or ride a bike. Motorcycles are going to die with this generation. Millennials on down just aren't into it.

My kid is an older millennial, she's into surfing, skateboarding and hiking. Most of the people she does them with is older.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws