over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Optimal amount of sleep during bulking?

can you still make great gains with sleep apnea?
Its something that needs to be addressed by a doctor. My CPAP made me feel like a completely different person. Some apnea can be treated with simple mouth pieces
but a sleep study is needed.

What are the main signs of sleep apnea? I know I snore pretty bad and have not had very good sleep in a while and have been thinking about seeing a doc about it

Amount of sleep is also age dependent as well.

What are the main signs of sleep apnea? I know I snore pretty bad and have not had very good sleep in a while and have been thinking about seeing a doc about it

Amount of sleep is also age dependent as well.

Sleep apnea is difficult to pick up by yourself because the most obvious symptoms happen whilst you are asleep.

Very shallow breathing
Long pauses in breathing
Gasping/Snorting
Loud frequent snoring
plus many of the typical things that you would associate with a bad nights sleep.

As for the comment about sleep being age dependent...what makes you say that? Is it because as we age, we are typically less active and therefore require less sleep or something else?

I average 7 hours a night due to work and family demands...sometimes less and rarely more. But I do notice when I am really on, lifting heavy, and eating perfect that I really feel an overwhelming need to take an hour nap when I get home from work and before I hit the gym.
It is the kind of sleepy I got when I was a teenager...at least thats what it feels like. I take this as a good sign of growth hormone release. I am loving life right now...42 and I feel like a teenager physically!

I try to get no less than 8 meals a day and probably closer to 10 on average, so I think that also helps

Care to elaborate on how you get in so many meals on a 40+ hour work schedule? Ive been trying to get in more :D

Check out the guys on tren and the quality of sleep theyre getting. Also, compound it with their amazing gains.

Aother factor is SLEEP APNEA. A lot of bodybuilders suffer from this sleep disorder due to the additional mass they carry and increased neck size. With this condition you wont get restfull sleep unless using a treatment option such as a CPAP device. So if you suffer from sleep apnea you will not get a lot of REM sleep and even 8 hours wont get you fully rested. Sleeping on your back makes it worse so sleeping on your RIGHT side will lessen it and therefore give you better sleep.

I have severe sleep apnea and it sucks. I am only 248lbs 19 inch neck, it sucks.

I alsop have a pretty decent case of sleep apnea when I am bulked up. Right now I'm a little lighter, but everytime I get back up around 250 or so it kicks in viciously. Just feel like crap all day> I have noticed slepping on my side help, and would really like to avoid using a CPAP if possible, but unfortunately it seems more and more that the only way around it is losing wieght or a CPAP. Why does sleeping on the right side instead of the left help, this is the first I have heard of this. thanks

Check out the guys on tren and the quality of sleep theyre getting. Also, compound it with their amazing gains.

exactly..

If you look at REM cycles, the cycles don't get any deeper/longer beyond the 9hr mark, so really sleeping more than 9hr's isn't really beneficial.

agreed, 9 hours is optimal for me. nothing more, nothing less.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws