over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Optimizing digestion...how?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Very curious as to what you guys do to keep your digestive tract clean and in proper condition to utilize all the protein we eat and to shit like a normal healthy human being that doesnt do what we do.Are enzymes and fiber the answer? Does anyone use those colon cleanse kits with all the herbs and such?From what I have read,it seems we have a layer of old waste that has built up since childhood on our colons,and there is a way to eliminate this and keep ourselves very healthy and like a food processing machine. I dont see much talk about this on the boards,but I believe it is very important in what we do........

fiber for ur colon, ginger root for digestion

My wife had a colonic done for about $800. Next time I'm going to take a syphen hose and do it myself. As long as I take the hose out of my mouth quickly when it starts flowing, it shouldn't be too messy.

I would like to see what others say as well.

I eat a fair bit of oatmeal and that seems to keep me more than regular. Since starting wylde's diet recommendations about 3 weeks ago, I've been eating a fair bit of "beef." My gut seems to be somewhat distended - not fat. Would this be from all that beef that takes so long to get through the system? Could be why I've gained so much weight fairly quickly - all that beef is still in me! :eek:

I've considered using one of those natural colon cleansers. Would this be good to use about one or two weeks out from a contest?

xcel

I use to take 5 mg of "sisapride"when i eat a lot, it rise up all the digestion movements , in 1 1/2 horus you are ready to eat again.
The last month of competition diet (low carbs diet) is very difficult to go to the bathrroom, i use to take Metamucil at night. It is exelent...

hmm..

Fiber will help "clean" you out.Working out and cardio help to get things flowing so to speak also. Broccoli, salad , oatmeal are good.

Far as digestition yogurt has some good bacteria or soemthing in it , ginger root and papaya enzyme?? There are tons of enzyemes out there, dont really think you need any though that often. Im looking forward to a more info on this . :)

wtf

I have been thinking the same things! Wylde recomends taking digestive enzymes which i was taking anyway! But in the colon cleanse I think it wouldnt hurt You by any means!
IN contest prep though if you did it a week or so out! nothing last minute because it may mess wtih you water and electrolytes balance!

I take ginger root to aid digestion and better protein absorbtion but I am now wondering does it actually help.

Anyone have a study showing it does or any other info?

Thanks.

well I would say probiotica and prebiotics defintly play a role in things. As for fiber im a strong believer in a moderate amount of it, due to the fact that 1 diverticulosis (sp) doesnt sound fun 2 it slows down digestion . There is soluable and insoluable fiber. I would like to hear to hear any opinions on keeping the villi and microvilli healthy.

Last edited:
My thoughts:
1) Never drink soda with protein meal. The carbonated water all but stops digestion of meats.
2) limit carbs with meat meal.
3) high fiber diet or supplement fibers
4) I take 1 tablespoonful of olive oil per day to make colon work less to move bowels
5)lots of water/day.
6)Use colloidal minerals. Most of our soils in this country have very depleted minerals in the soil, so our veggies are depleted of much of the minerals we should be getting.

My wife had a colonic done for about $800

Damn she was ripped off considering I had one done about 9 months ago for 40 dollars.

I did it strictly for preventive maintence and I will start doing it at least once or twice a year.

A healthy colon is the key to living a healthy life!

The colon (large intestine), is the end portion of the human digestive tract. The colon is approximately 5 to 5½ feet long and 2½ inches in diameter. Its major functions are to conserve water in the body... and to eliminate waste from the body. There are "friendly" bacteria living in the healthy colon which synthesize valuable nutrients such as vitamins 'K' and portions of the 'B' complex. But unfortunately...

The average American does not have a healthy colon!

I'll bet you didn't know that the average person -- one who is neither overweight, nor noticeably allergic to things -- may have 10 to 25 pounds of dried fecal matter in their colon! But that's for someone who is at normal weight for their height and age...

If you're overweight or a highly allergic person...
You might be carrying around alot more than that!

Colon Hydrotherapy sounds like it will help people with their health problems... But, I eat a high fiber diet, drink lots of water, exercise and eliminate regularily... It couldn't help me could it?

Yes, it can... Waste deposits may remain trapped in your colon for weeks, months or even years, despite following a strict health regimen!

Consider this reported case... During a colon hydrotherapy session, a 54 year-old woman in Atlanta, Georgia discovered that her body had released a residue of barium. But, she was only given barium once, when she was just 7 years old... 47 years earlier!

It had remained trapped in her colon for years until the colon hydrotherapy session released it...

This is just some info I found before I had the procedure done.
you can read more at:
http://www.colonhealth.net/colon_hydrotherapy/chtvital.htm

Anyway its really wierd having this procedure done one thing you have to do is when they put the hose in your ass sing "Moon River" (if you have seen fletch you know what Im talking about)

-Big Hock

Big Hock said:

Damn she was ripped off considering I had one done about 9 months ago for 40 dollars.

I did it strictly for preventive maintence and I will start doing it at least once or twice a year.

A healthy colon is the key to living a healthy life!

The colon (large intestine), is the end portion of the human digestive tract. The colon is approximately 5 to 5½ feet long and 2½ inches in diameter. Its major functions are to conserve water in the body... and to eliminate waste from the body. There are "friendly" bacteria living in the healthy colon which synthesize valuable nutrients such as vitamins 'K' and portions of the 'B' complex. But unfortunately...

The average American does not have a healthy colon!

I'll bet you didn't know that the average person -- one who is neither overweight, nor noticeably allergic to things -- may have 10 to 25 pounds of dried fecal matter in their colon! But that's for someone who is at normal weight for their height and age...

If you're overweight or a highly allergic person...
You might be carrying around alot more than that!

Colon Hydrotherapy sounds like it will help people with their health problems... But, I eat a high fiber diet, drink lots of water, exercise and eliminate regularily... It couldn't help me could it?

Yes, it can... Waste deposits may remain trapped in your colon for weeks, months or even years, despite following a strict health regimen!

Consider this reported case... During a colon hydrotherapy session, a 54 year-old woman in Atlanta, Georgia discovered that her body had released a residue of barium. But, she was only given barium once, when she was just 7 years old... 47 years earlier!

It had remained trapped in her colon for years until the colon hydrotherapy session released it...

This is just some info I found before I had the procedure done.
you can read more at:
http://www.colonhealth.net/colon_hydrotherapy/chtvital.htm

Anyway its really wierd having this procedure done one thing you have to do is when they put the hose in your ass sing "Moon River" (if you have seen fletch you know what Im talking about)

-Big Hock

How much weight did you lose when you had the proceedure done?

Two of my friends had it done thinking it could help them make weight. One for olympic style lifting, the other for a boxing match. They are both over 200 lbs, neither one lost more than 3 pounds.

I didnt loose more than 5lbs. The thing about it is you have to take it easy the first day its done on what you eat. Also taking acidopholous.

Big Hock

Bighock, my wife went to a specialized doctor to have hers done and there's only one in this city. Did you have yours done in a garage or by someone who enjoyed it? J/K Maybe she didn't pay that much but I know she had it done 3x in a week (maybe SHE enjoyed it?) Before she had it done, she told me about the 10-20lbs that may be trapped and I think she expected a pretty big weight loss. She didn't even lose a pound, and that was with the procedure done three times. She said that it was uncomfortable, but she sang "that old black magic" to take her mind off of things.

Queefer said:
Maybe she didn't pay that much but I know she had it done 3x in a week (maybe SHE enjoyed it?)
Maybe you need to inform her about a hose that "you" have to use! - j/k (sorry - couldn't help myself).

Bighock, my wife went to a specialized doctor to have hers done and there's only one in this city

Well that explains the outrageous cost.

I had mine done by a certified Colon Hydrotherapists that I found listed in the yellow pages.

So I dont know what the difference is if a doctor does it but I certainly dont think you would need med school to stick a tube up someones ass fill them up with water a dozen times and release it.
nasty procedure but for the health benifits I put up with it.

Now as for if she liked it...I dont know but she was hot and Im glad it was her doing it and not some dude. hehehe If it was a dude I would have never scheduled an appointment.

-Big Hock

Big Hock

Did you ask "you using your whole fist doc?" LOL!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws