over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Orals - weekends off?

John99Test

Registered
Anyone take weekends off from orals? Was curious to see if two days off a week in a row would help with running it for a longer duration in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone take weekends off from orals? Was curious to see if two days off a week in a row would help with running it for a longer duration in the long run.

I don't see the point when the purpose is to keep stable blood levels going.

This used to be popular. Perhaps in some circles still is. I believe Rex Feral
here said he did Anadrol for 3 years straight like this with no problems. I have heard some pros do orals only on training days, this is thought to reduce toxicity.

As far as stable blood levels, well yeah, but you have the injectable base going on round the clock. The oral, say taken all at once, once per day, causes a high spike and sets in motion the growth machinery so to speak, the higher the peak the higher the response. The anabolic effect extends somewhat beyond the plasma high.

Here Rex explains the idea, can apply to injectables as well as orals

Yes there is some truth in this. I'm pretty sure I attempted to explain this to you before when discussing NPP dosing but I don't think you quite got it. I explained it was preferred to inject a larger dose twice per week vs 100 mg qd for example. You remember that? Now the problem with this video is a common one in bodybuilding. A fairly intelligent albeit uneducated bodybuilder will come to a correct conclusion based on anecdotal evidence. As he has done in this video. But because he has a lack of understanding of certain things due to his lack of education he is unable to explain it. So then he makes up some crap about some sort of imagined anabolic threshold. The truth is what he is talking about is nothing more than basic pharmacokinetics. What we call PK. The higher the peak the greater the response until you reach a dose limiting threshold This is basic pharmacology. So if you inject 100 mg qd of NPP for example you will never reach the peaks of someone who injects 300 mg biw. Thus the response will be greater at the same dosage per week with biw dosing vs qd. I have been trying to explain this to people for years. This constant blood level bullshit lets take our orals spaced out all day long. Obviously if you inject 600 mg of deca once per week like he is talking about you will reach much higher peaks vs 200 mg tiw. Thus a greater response at the same dose. More sides too but that's also obvious.

Rex.

Last edited:
This used to be popular. Perhaps in some circles still is. I believe Rex Feral

here said he did Anadrol for 3 years straight like this with no problems. I have heard some pros do orals only on training days, this is thought to reduce toxicity.

As far as stable blood levels, well yeah, but you have the injectable base going on round the clock. The oral, say taken all at once, once per day, causes a high spike and sets in motion the growth machinery so to speak, the higher the peak the higher the response. The anabolic effect extends somewhat beyond the plasma high.

Here Rex explains the idea, can apply to injectables as well as orals

What would you do KS?

What would you do KS?

Depends on what your goals are. If I was doing a show I would use it every day. Off season, maybe a monday to friday schedule could work, say if you trained those days and took weekends off, that could work nicely and would take a little load off the organs. Right now I'm doing Anadrol wednesday, thursday and friday only, sort of a load for friday night deadlifts when I want to be my strongest. :D

Depends on what your goals are. If I was doing a show I would use it every day. Off season, maybe a monday to friday schedule could work, say if you trained those days and took weekends off, that could work nicely and would take a little load off the organs. Right now I'm doing Anadrol wednesday, thursday and friday only, sort of a load for friday night deadlifts when I want to be my strongest. :D

Nice, thanks for the advice man, really appreciate it

How much drol are you using each of those days?

How much drol are you using each of those days?

I'm only doing 50mg but that's because I'm running short and need it to last a few weeks more. But even those 3 tabs a week give a little strength boost on top of some injectables. Anadrol is one of those drugs that doesn't seem to work as well for everyone. If I'm cleaned out and start Anadrol it's a pound a day gains for a couple of weeks so it's effective and works immediately in my case.

Killerstack.....do you think you would gain less if you restricted calories?

I can't even take orals everyday. I've tried the only pre-workout approach, and it's worked really well. But to me, that's a trump card you want to play when you're stuck in a plateau.

Check out Big Dave Smith's thread, he explained this very eloquently. Orals pre-workout only serve one purpose, and one purpose only; Aiding in recovery. Instead of looking at it as an injectable approach, it's more of a "What can I do to better recover from this training" approach.

Healthier = Better growth in off season. Consistent oral use will just add more stress to your body especially during a time (off season) when you least need it.

I'd take the weekends off if I was you :cool:

I've been doing that for years but use low doses for longer time frames. 15mg D-bol or 20mg M-sten M-F for 8 weeks is really effective and low in sides. Never noticed a difference in results and it's a method used with very toxic meds like oral anti-fungals.

Last edited:
Except for tbol and Var I have trouble with lethargy on orals. Dbol really is a good oral at low dose like 20 or 30mg Pre workout. But I train 4 to 6 days a week so it's almost everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killerstack.....do you think you would gain less if you restricted calories?

Yes of course, if you mean going beliw maintenance calories

Except for tbol and Var I have trouble with lethargy on orals. Dbol really is a good oral at low dose like 20 or 30mg Pre workout. But I train 4 to 6 days a week so it's almost everyday.

I feel Drol and Dbol are great for sleep. Some feel they cause insomnia but for me it's the opposite. I get almost euphoric sleep on dbol, it feels so good to stretch out in bed to sleep Lol. Lethargy can be a problem during the day of course. Tren causes the worst lethargic feeling for me, though it interferes with sleep at the same time.

I haven't been pinning my NPP or taking any orals Friday-Sunday.

Keeps negative sides at bay from the orals, or so it seems.

Sitting here right now after 25mg of dbol in the office and about to fall asleep in my chair. Fucking lethargy fellas..

Last edited:
Love anadrol, but it winds up my CNS and eventually (just when things start getting good) causes disturbances to my sleep. I am poor sleeper to begin with so this sets in motion a cascade of negative effects for me. When I was younger I could deal with it, however I am older and the CNS affect is no bueno. I just cant handle it like I did in my 20's.

As a matter of fact I just came off some Alaven drol in my cutting cycle :D

I've used anadrol this way when I was younger and never could tell difference. Didn't have many and wanted to make them last little longer. Kind of helped from feeling as bad

I've done Var on training days only and seemed to work for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131