over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organ meat

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I plan on adding more of this to my diet because it's cheaper than most protein sources (400g a day gets $$), and like the taste. I've heard though...

You can get too much iron. You can overdose on vitamin a. It's not complete or high quality protein.

Is any of this true? Has anyone ate it daily before?

Too much liver can cause those issues. Example you can die from too much vitamin A if you eat polar bear liver. I doubt one meal a day could be an issue for beef or chicken.

I find organ meats to have plenty of merit. They can be used as a filter for the blood so toxins may be higher then beneficial if consumed a lot i would have to think. People regularly mega dose vitamins for years at a time without any big health issues. A 5 oz. serving of beef liver can have almost as much vitamin A as what is found in many pills as i remember. So i probably wouldn't want to eat a pound or 2 a day. But organ meats have a lot of nutrition in them. I try to eat them regularly but not every day. But i would have no problem eating them everyday if i remembered too.

I plan on adding more of this to my diet because it's cheaper than most protein sources (400g a day gets $$), and like the taste. I've heard though...

You can get too much iron. You can overdose on vitamin a. It's not complete or high quality protein.

anything over 200g per day i feel like i would look like a freak on that amount of protein per day , i have never bought into the you need x amount per kg bodyweight. i swear I have eaten around 1500-2k calories MAX for the last 10 years straight and gone up and down all kinds of cool shapes and sizes and have cool pics to document it over the years diff shapes sizes and conditioning. I dont think I've gone above 200g protein per day in over 10 years nor could I if i tried, unesss it was gallon of milk type scenario. somedays i do like 100g max / most importantly - we are not eating animal organs for their PROTEIN content.

I had this idea several years ago. I bought a bunch of liver, ate it once and then decided I didn't want to eat it ever again. I feel it is self limiting. I like the idea of eating shellfish and organ meat for the nutrient content but again, there is only so much I could stomach.

anything over 200g per day i feel like i would look like a freak on that amount of protein per day , i have never bought into the you need x amount per kg bodyweight. i swear I have eaten around 1500-2k calories MAX for the last 10 years straight and gone up and down all kinds of cool shapes and sizes and have cool pics to document it over the years diff shapes sizes and conditioning. I dont think I've gone above 200g protein per day in over 10 years nor could I if i tried, unesss it was gallon of milk type scenario. somedays i do like 100g max / most importantly - we are not eating animal organs for their PROTEIN content.
Interesting.

Does liver taste as bad as it smells?
It's an acquired taste. Fried in olive oil with onions...delicious.

qbkilla, you're better off with Monster Mash in IMO. Sub the rice
for squash on occasion or mash sweet potato. 90% ground hamburger in bulk at Sam's or Costco;)
Better quality protein and easier on the palate. Just make sure you add the
chicken/beef stock as it'll help you get your macros down easier (less chewing).

Interesting.
for instance today i have had 1 thick whey iso protein shake, 4oz kefir, 1 more fairlife 32g 12oz protein shake (thin let's say macro/cal wise basically milk and whey) and right now I'm going to eat a 3x3 from in and out post-workout, I'm ready to shred quick bro like January hurry up, but I'm running minimal protocol and getting great results, just stiff as a board after hopping on some Winny. I am enjoying a nice holiday season, I hope you are as well OG!the pec tear i got in june is a huge knotted tissue formation now, which resulted in a huge dent in my chest, that I have done a decent job building muscle around but the alignment is fucked up and its no longer aesthetic or symmetrical looking,. i have been having gf pound it out till i get nauseous from pain with the nice massage gun the last week its been helping but it's\s gnarly, eventually ill move like a feather! I am way too tense. learning how to relax again and to stop and smell the roses once in a while,.

Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” Sri Nisargadatta

I love liver.

If you want to integrate organs but can’t stomach it, cut it up, cap it, freeze the caps.

Toss back a handful daily.

Way cheaper than the pre-made supps

It's an acquired taste. Fried in olive oil with onions...delicious.

qbkilla, you're better off with Monster Mash in IMO. Sub the rice
for squash on occasion or mash sweet potato. 90% ground hamburger in bulk at Sam's or Costco;)
Better quality protein and easier on the palate. Just make sure you add the
chicken/beef stock as it'll help you get your macros down easier (less chewing).
Sounds like a good mix.

I Love mushroom as a filler. 5 oz liver with 8 oz mushrooms in a pan, crack an egg on it, garlic, pepper. A huge plate of food but low calories. Can put a can of carrot's in too 70 calories. Tie it all up in a low carb wrap.

Anyone who doesn't like liver add garlic pepper and about 8oz mushrooms cook till soft, the flavor mixes in the mushrooms. Plain liver would be gross and not satiating.

I can eat any organ meats with no problem. I have put some nasty stuff in my mouth over the years.

When I have wild game I eat it as much as I can. Even raw I eat the liver but American beef I don’t care about iron or too much vitamins it’s just, unless you have access to pasture raised fed and finished you’re gonna eat a lot of shit you don’t want in your body.

I don't eat them, but my wife loves liver and will eat kidney as well when we buy yakitori. Organ meat is popular here in Japan, where "放る物" - literally "discarded parts" or offal became a necessary part of the diet in post-WW2 when there was a lot of malnutrition.
It stuck somehow and is still popular, especially when grilled.

Fried chicken gizzards!
Only if they have been parboiled or pressure cooked first to break down the collagen. Other wise it is like trying to bite through a piece of rubber. But when done right i really like them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws