over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organic: a marketing scam?

Zarati

Registered
I read a study that organic milk had the same nutritions as regular milk.

Does the same apply to eggs, meat and most foods in general?

Organic doesn't always mean more nutritious, it also means free of pesticides, chemicals, hormones etc. Would you rather eat eggs/chicken from chickens that eat pig shit or chickens that eat organic grains and bugs?

I get some foods organic not for better nutrition but to avoid the crap that goes into some conventional food

nutrition is nearly the same....

organic livestock has some nutritional differences...
also so does seafood....farm or wild has differences....

most everything else....fruit vegs...ect..... are the same nutritionally.

organic is better for your body (no trace pesticides, herbicides, fungicides), it's better for the environment, and it's better for the farmworkers

as far as nutritional content, some organic products contain a higher density of micronutrients. The soil is much richer opposed to conventional farming which relies on synthetic fertilizers.

and the taste says it all. Eat organic eggs for a few weeks and then try to go back to the factory farmed 18 for 1 dollar special. Same with chicken, fruits, etc...

I am a toxicologist who at one time provided sampling and inspection for certifications for organic farms. I don't buy organic anything. Does that answer your question?

organic is better for your body (no trace pesticides, herbicides, fungicides), it's better for the environment, and it's better for the farmworkers

as far as nutritional content, some organic products contain a higher density of micronutrients. The soil is much richer opposed to conventional farming which relies on synthetic fertilizers.

and the taste says it all. Eat organic eggs for a few weeks and then try to go back to the factory farmed 18 for 1 dollar special. Same with chicken, fruits, etc...

This is wrong. Most pesticides today are pyrethrins which are based upon chrysanthemums. They break down readily in ultraviolet light and you have not one, but two natural metabolic pathways to deal with any residual.

All commercial farms must fertilize. The only approved organic fertilizer most widely used manure. Unfortunately of manure is not well aged, it can be a source of listeria, e coli, and other bacteria. On the last ten years, almost half of the cases of bacterial contaminated food is attributed to organic produce. When you consider the small percentage of good that is organic, you can see how significant this number is.

I am a toxicologist who at one time provided sampling and inspection for certifications for organic farms. I don't buy organic anything. Does that answer your question?

No, no it doesn't because you are a nameless and faceless person sitting behind a computer screen typing it. Nobody knows who you are in real life or what you actually do/did. You can claim whatever you want and nobody will care. Just being honest

This is wrong. Most pesticides today are pyrethrins which are based upon chrysanthemums. They break down readily in ultraviolet light and you have not one, but two natural metabolic pathways to deal with any residual.

All commercial farms must fertilize. The only approved organic fertilizer most widely used manure. Unfortunately of manure is not well aged, it can be a source of listeria, e coli, and other bacteria. On the last ten years, almost half of the cases of bacterial contaminated food is attributed to organic produce. When you consider the small percentage of good that is organic, you can see how significant this number is.

scam. farms use 10 times the natural fertilizer in tons of manure. so inefficient. and the runoff destroys the water supply. why people think factory-made molecules are evil but the same stuff in shit is good.....

This is nonsense. Where are you citations on this?

No, no it doesn't because you are a nameless and faceless person sitting behind a computer screen typing it. Nobody knows who you are in real life or what you actually do/did. You can claim whatever you want and nobody will care. Just being honest
True, except I was in Davis California when all the new tolerances for the Food Quality Protection Act were being redone per Al Gore. Despite his claims for real science, most of the values were extrapolated.

Yes, it's mostly a scam. Each state has their own certifications and no standards exist. It's mostly made up.

True, except I was in Davis California when all the new tolerances for the Food Quality Protection Act were being redone per Al Gore. Despite his claims for real science, most of the values were extrapolated.

Yes, it's mostly a scam. Each state has their own certifications and no standards exist. It's mostly made up.

Ok? Again that means nothing at the end of the day. I'm not saying that you're "wrong" or full of it, just that it carries no weight because nobody knows whom you are. That's all. I agree it's mostly crap, but I do know local farmers who grow blueberries, strawberries and other fruits that don't overuse pesticides and what not. Their foods taste better than store bought/mega farm. Same with the eggs and chickens from their neighbors, but I can't say 100% about nutritional values being different. I just know the taste and texture was soooooo much better.

I will say thank you for adding to this thread it is useful information

try eating organic eggs for a couple of weeks. you will never go back to store bought eggs. so right. huge difference.

try eating organic eggs for a couple of weeks. you will never go back to store bought eggs. so right. huge difference.

I can tell the difference in smell and taste when It comes to "CAGE FREE" eggs but cant, organic whatever that means today.

Ak

I used to eat organic foods. This video, along with some other research, swayed me away from eating organic unless the price is the same or very close for organic vs. non-organic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fMtFTbb_-o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fMtFTbb_-o[/ame]

I careless about taste, what I'm concerned about is if it's worth spending 1.2-1.5 extra to eat organic because it's muchhhh healthier??

Ok? Again that means nothing at the end of the day. I'm not saying that you're "wrong" or full of it, just that it carries no weight because nobody knows whom you are. That's all. I agree it's mostly crap, but I do know local farmers who grow blueberries, strawberries and other fruits that don't overuse pesticides and what not. Their foods taste better than store bought/mega farm. Same with the eggs and chickens from their neighbors, but I can't say 100% about nutritional values being different. I just know the taste and texture was soooooo much better.

I will say thank you for adding to this thread it is useful information

Well if you asked a scientific question on a sponsor board for AAS, yet you want a peer reviewed answer with p values and confidence intervals....

How can you expect any better than what you got?

As for the food, you are probably tasting the difference between gone ripened vs. commercial. The pesticides have little to no effect on flavor with a few fungicides as the difference.

In chickens, the diet the eat makes a difference on the color and flavor, but that is more of a free range thing vs. organic. Also, if you ever kept chickens you know a fresh egg stays together and sits high on the pan. A runny egg is an old egg. Many supermarket eggs are at least 50 days old before you get them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws