over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organic dairy vs conventional dairy?

Landmonster

Registered
Guys.

Can anyone here, explain whether organic dairy foods are superior to conventional dairy foods? (and worth the price?)

I am trying to determine what the benefits are, and whether they are worth the additional cost.

I don't eat a lot of dairy, other than cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and occasionally cheeses and butters.

1) My thoughts (and perhaps unfounded fears) are that the non-organic dairy foods may contain higher levels of cow estrogens, bovine antibiotics, and perhaps other chemical or estrogenic drugs like that. Is this true, or unfounded? Does it matter?

2) My other fear (perhaps unfounded as well), is that the conventional dairy cows may be fed a diet that is unhealthier than organic dairy cows. If so, is the fat content also unhealthier than organic dairy... the same way that corn-fed cheap beef has a different fat content than grass-fed beef?

3) Does it matter if we are talking about full-fat dairy vs non-fat dairy, in the debate between organic and convention? i.e., since most of these things get stored in the fat?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
An even better choice is to ditch the dairy altogether and opt for something like coconut or almond milk.
Youre not a calf, not an infant, there are better choices for nutrients. The dairy industry is not humane, whether its organic or conventional. Most miilk contains measurable amounts of pus and chemicals. It leads to an overgrown veal industry, causes mucous production and low-grade inflammation in our bodies, and in most people leads to food sensitivies and increased digestive irritation. Please consider alternatives
The Dairy Industry » Tamara Kenneally Photography

If you want to drink Milk.
Then "Raw Milk" is what you want to be Drinking.
Not that Pasteurized, Over-processed, Completely Worthless Crap that is Pasteurized Milk.
It's Completely Dead, from the Heat.

Raw Milk is a Live Food, containing Beneficial Bacteria, Enzymes, Natural Vitamins, and is High in Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or ALA.
Raw Milk is Organic from Grass Fed Cows...................... JP
P.S.
It's not available in all states, but most, and is available in Europe.
They even have Vending Machines in some European Countries, that dispense Raw Milk.

For U.S., here's a Raw Milk Finder.

https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/

Guys on here tAkeing grams of gear, insulin, and a ton of other stuff. Lol I'm definatley not worried about a few chemicals in milk. I eat a ton of cheese and drink milk daily.

Cost:Utility ratio at it's finest.

If you're like me, and dairy gives you no GI grief than by all means drink it. There's plenty of valuable nutrients in milk, yes there's a better nutrient spectrum in raw milk, but is it worth the cost for you?

I drink milk almost everyday unless i'm dieting below 6-7%, in which droping milk is just an easy way to cut carbs/fats.

I always avoid daily best as I can. I never drink milk and such. I just think it weighs you down and is not clean.

Generally the "organic" industry is a bit of a scam. For many things a full blown scam. Although I do think for some items there is a massive difference (eggs are a good example). But that difference comes more from just if products are labelled organic or not. I have grew up drinking milk daily and I love it but I understand why people don't consume it. The science is there but it's also loaded in macros and tastes amazing and hasn't really gone against me. Country/location is just as much of a factor than organic or not. I don't know the quality of the milk in the US as I have never tried it. I drink a lot of milk and try to always get organic when I can.

An even better choice is to ditch the dairy altogether and opt for something like coconut or almond milk.
Youre not a calf, not an infant, there are better choices for nutrients. The dairy industry is not humane, whether its organic or conventional. Most miilk contains measurable amounts of pus and chemicals. It leads to an overgrown veal industry, causes mucous production and low-grade inflammation in our bodies, and in most people leads to food sensitivies and increased digestive irritation. Please consider alternatives
The Dairy Industry » Tamara Kenneally Photography

I only drink an almond/coconut mix that is non sweetened. It tastes quite good too. I put my protein powder in there. I stopped drinking dairy a long time ago.

The whole organic non GMO thing has become quite popular. Our grocery now carries "Non GMO" milk! I guess that means there was no gene manipulation of the cows I suppose. The whole non GMO thing makes zero sense to me and I think it is total BS.

Last edited:
Generally the "organic" industry is a bit of a scam. For many things a full blown scam. Although I do think for some items there is a massive difference (eggs are a good example). But that difference comes more from just if products are labelled organic or not. I have grew up drinking milk daily and I love it but I understand why people don't consume it. The science is there but it's also loaded in macros and tastes amazing and hasn't really gone against me. Country/location is just as much of a factor than organic or not. I don't know the quality of the milk in the US as I have never tried it. I drink a lot of milk and try to always get organic when I can.

Organic is a massive marketing scam. Yes less chemicals in our food is better for us, but organic certification is all about profiteering by the supermarkets and certifiers. It's not even organic that make organic eggs better, it's the quality of the feed and the living environments that make all the difference to the produce. What make organic seem better is the producers tend to care more about all aspects of animal husbandry.

If you want to drink Milk.
Then "Raw Milk" is what you want to be Drinking.
Not that Pasteurized, Over-processed, Completely Worthless Crap that is Pasteurized Milk.
It's Completely Dead, from the Heat.

Raw Milk is a Live Food, containing Beneficial Bacteria, Enzymes, Natural Vitamins, and is High in Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or ALA.
Raw Milk is Organic from Grass Fed Cows...................... JP
P.S.
It's not available in all states, but most, and is available in Europe.
They even have Vending Machines in some European Countries, that dispense Raw Milk.

For U.S., here's a Raw Milk Finder.

https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/

Raw milk is milk from cows, sheep, or goats that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This raw, unpasteurized milk can carry dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria, which are responsible for causing numerous foodborne illnesses.
:eek:

Organic is a massive marketing scam. Yes less chemicals in our food is better for us, but organic certification is all about profiteering by the supermarkets and certifiers. It's not even organic that make organic eggs better, it's the quality of the feed and the living environments that make all the difference to the produce. What make organic seem better is the producers tend to care more about all aspects of animal husbandry.

there u go. its marketing. just like pet food companies market dog and cat food not to the animals, but to the people buying the stuff. make it look like people food, show lots of vegetables and greens on the bag...looks like bacon, looks like pigs in a blanket...
organic farms harm the environment more than non. why people think elements and molecules from shit are somehow better than elements and molecules "made" in a factory, ie "natural" v synthetic fertilizers, is beyond me. plus they gotta pile that shit on deep cuz it lacks the concentration and that runoff goes into the water supply, streams, etc....

I don't think most of us are too worried about the animals having steroids in their system and passing some of that along with their milk. Some people though are trying to blame that phenomenon, along with steroids being in meat, on kids hitting puberty so young these days. Kids too seem to be hitting it earlier than they did 40 years ago but I don't think it is related. Then again I think global warming is blown out of proportion too.

Organic milk is pasteurized at much higher temperatures than regular milk. As a result it has less bacteria than conventional milk (hence the longer expiration time vs conventional milk). However, the high heat could be potentially destroying some of the useful compounds in milk. Just some things to consider.

Then again, as Arnold says, "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

Organic milk is pasteurized at much higher temperatures than regular milk. As a result it has less bacteria than conventional milk (hence the longer expiration time vs conventional milk). However, the high heat could be potentially destroying some of the useful compounds in milk. Just some things to consider.

Then again, as Arnold says, "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

Great point, I wasn't aware of the higher temp. That very well might denature some of the protein. IMO more of a reason to avoid organic milk then.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws