over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organic only?

inoverdrive

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Curious to see who all eats mostly organic. I like buying organic. Maybe I have watched too many documentaries. Just seems like every since Monsanto got a hold of the seed business more and more people are getting sick. I just keep thinking about the old stories you always hear. "My great grandparents ate straight out of the garden and lived to 120" lol.

Plus if I can buy local organic I will do it in a heartbeat just to keep the farmers going and the local business going.

I tried to but it's never Organic 'only'. Expensive as hell too:eek:

I do but I feel like at this point it’s more for the taste, non organic food tastes like shit compared to organic.

Side note, my old rabbit died about 6 years back when she was 10 years old and her breed usually only lives 4-6 years. The vet always marveled at her health, she was on an all and only organic veggie diet her entire life. For what it’s worth....

i think by and large most products labeled as organic will have the most pronounced effect on wallet rather then health.

while there may be something to say about like mass produced foods over non... i think the title organic is largely meaningless if you just try to buy fresh local high quality products.

often it is hard for small farms to get organic certifications, as with most things best to support local comunity with food needs if possible.

When i was a kid I threw various vegetable seeds in the dirt near the sprinklers. I didn’t even use fertilizer. It grew the biggest damn zucchini’s, eggplant, and other veggies I’ve ever seen. I’d eat them right out of the ground. It was the best! I hope one day i can own a place with a little patch of dirt to grow my own veggies again. My Doberman pinchers would stick their snouts through the fence and eat what they could get to. They also had a method to get the peaches off the peach tree. One dog would stand on her hind legs and bend the tree down while the other dog picked the fruit. Haha 🐕 🍑 🐕

Organic simply cost more generally. Also go look at major food recalls on veggies and such. More than half the time it is organic produce.

My personal opinion is if you can’t justify buying organic/wild foods because of costs then you need to evaluate other parts of your life and you have other/bigger financial problems.. A full grocery for a week of all natural foods doesn’t cost bank breaking amounts more than that processed shit.. It’s not $100’s of dollars difference... At most it might be around $50 more in my experience when you add all the meats and eggs and veggies etc that’s like $7 a day extra... Ok so around $200 a month more give or take, now I’m not sure where some of you guys are located/from but I’m in Miami and $200 is a sushi date and some drinks (2-3 each MAX)... Going to the movies costs almost $30 just for tickets, add popcorn and sodas etc and you’re over $50 easy.. And that’s a regular theater not the really nice ones that have meals and drinks etc.. So budgeting in some areas of life definitely benefits being able to eat better at home.. You just have to know where to shop...

Now if you’re seriously on a budget and are barely getting by then you might find those “Big on a budget” videos helpful as some of those guys buy enough for 3-5 meals a day on $50 a week..

And to what OP said about grandparents who lived longer etc I can definitely see that, my great grandpa on my dad’s side lived to be 98 years old and he was a farmer who only ate his natural foods and milk etc his whole life and my great grandpa on my moms side lived to be 90 and he LOVED going out and grabbing a few eggs from the hens and eating them raw.. All he ate was natural cheese and meat and eggs etc and never had a single health issue until he was in his late 80’s and was active until he passed.. Both were active.. We definitely don’t see that around here anymore..

Last edited:
Yea we eat 80%organic I love it. My milk stays fresh for 3 months. I'm drinking a 1%fat milk fat 11 grams of protein instead of normall 8 I think, organic valley. Great stuff.Organic is profoundly different as far as pesiticdes go, I do some farming my self and just a tad bit of research will scare most. I also feel like my body and liver will also filter less tonxins thru non GMO and non pesiticdes,not science I don't think but makes sense to me. I'm also a big fan of Probiotics the stoumach is the second brain in the body, treat it well.
Nacho

Last edited:
I think anyone who says they just cost more they're not actually organic has never made food with all organic ingredients. Make two of the same meals, one with regular shit and one with organic, there will be no mistaking which is which.

I think anyone who says they just cost more they're not actually organic has never made food with all organic ingredients. Make two of the same meals, one with regular shit and one with organic, there will be no mistaking which is which.

Yea I shop around at Walmart,target,Publix, and whole foods/Amazon..I can get good deals if I shop but it is always more expensive unless it's in sale, and generic organic that Walmart sales is garbage imo. Walmart does carry good organic meat at mine and other goodies tho. I spend 9 a gallon for milk up to 12. NY cost is usually ,35% higher.butnifnys shop at Sam's you can buy in bulk and it's cheaper than reg stuff.

Calorie/healthy foods

I also believe I can eat smaller amount of lots of organics and get way more of what I need from the food bescuse of less process of the food and what not but this is my opinion again.

Last edited:

Actually they've had a few things where they give people two fruits for example one organic, one not and most people cannot tell the difference when not told which one is which.

Actually they've had a few things where they give people two fruits for example one organic, one not and most people cannot tell the difference when not told which one is which.

What a bias YouTube video looking for hits? Go do it yourself, buy some organic strawberries and some regular strawberries, the non organic is almost inedible in comparison. Some things would be more pronounced than others just because of their taste and properties but there is no mistaking real organic vs monsanto garbage.

Last week I was in the middle of making pasta and meatballs and my friends wanted to come by so I went to the local small supermarket to buy some more meat quickly. Biting into the non organic meatballs vs the organic beef meatballs was unmistakable. I didn’t tell my friends obviously that I had to get not as good meat to save time but they noticed on their own.

I would agree with this to a certain extent, I’m sure there’s some things people won’t be able to tell a difference with but for example I can 100% tell a difference with eggs and with steaks/meat... I get my eggs from a farm and Pasture eggs have almost a bright orange yolk.. With a nice high quality steak it definitely tastes way better and almost melts in your mouth.. Cheap steaks/meat are like eating rubber sandals lol

Anyone who has taken organic chem and knows anything about organophosphates is going to buy organic

I would agree with this to a certain extent, I’m sure there’s some things people won’t be able to tell a difference with but for example I can 100% tell a difference with eggs and with steaks/meat... I get my eggs from a farm and Pasture eggs have almost a bright orange yolk.. With a nice high quality steak it definitely tastes way better and almost melts in your mouth.. Cheap steaks/meat are like eating rubber sandals lol

Yea ,also organic wheat cerealcis softer usually than regular, my organise sugar is a hint of brown with a back tone of molasses. Some stuff is easy to tell but I mainly like organic for health properties,but all reason to eat good are great.

i think you may be misunderstanding the "organic" title to some degree.

organic in no way mean of superior quality. but if you compare like regular stop n shop veggies and meat to say whole foods or some other sort of nicer organic yes there is a difference.

there are many things that are not certified "organic" which are probably superior as to get a true organic certification it is quite expensive. go talk to some ppl with family farms, most are not certified organinc, they may grow organic but without the certification they can not say that.

when i say most organic food this means the majority, of which is produced not by small farmers like this but large corporate farming.. in these applications largely the certification is marketing as these sorts of products are not superior.

when you buy "organic" at a store its usually the latter example so no real cost/bennefit ratio, when you buy small local sustainable huge difference and not such huge difference to the wallet.

if you try to buy foods that are as natural and sustainable as possible you will probably get the highest quality and yes that may make a difference.

i think you may be misunderstanding the "organic" title to some degree.

organic in no way mean of superior quality. but if you compare like regular stop n shop veggies and meat to say whole foods or some other sort of nicer organic yes there is a difference.

there are many things that are not certified "organic" which are probably superior as to get a true organic certification it is quite expensive. go talk to some ppl with family farms, most are not certified organinc, they may grow organic but without the certification they can not say that.

when i say most organic food this means the majority, of which is produced not by small farmers like this but large corporate farming.. in these applications largely the certification is marketing as these sorts of products are not superior.

when you buy "organic" at a store its usually the latter example so no real cost/bennefit ratio, when you buy small local sustainable huge difference and not such huge difference to the wallet.

if you try to buy foods that are as natural and sustainable as possible you will probably get the highest quality and yes that may make a difference.

I don't think so I think we're talking about the same thing, organic means it wasn't shot up with a bunch of shit and modified to make it grow larger and faster with less defects. The food tastes better without all that shit added and healthier by default, plain and simple. Stuff from my dads farm is "organic" even if doesn't have that title from whatever organization gives it out. "Organic" at the supermarket or picked from my dads farm tastes better than whatever mass produced cheap garbage and that's all that matters to me. I think you're making it more complicated than it actually is, I'm not talking about cost or even where it comes from I'm talking about how it is grown., the "organic" label is just a way to describe it.

prob 80% organic here

Watched 1 too many documentaries and we just cant bring ourselves to eat GMO processed food anymore.
The place to buy "organic" foods is the local Farmers Market. And it DEFINITELY helps the local farmers.
-F2S

"The Dirty Dozen and the Clean Fifteen"

Check this out:
https://www.elizabethrider.com/dirty-dozen-clean-15/

I heard of the dirty dozen and clean fifteen in a magazine i was going thru while in check out line at grocery store. Following this list was first time i went "organic" its a good place to start.

didnt realize it was updated every year. will have to keep an eye on it:cool:
-F2S

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member