over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organic only?

Watched 1 too many documentaries and we just cant bring ourselves to eat GMO processed food anymore.
The place to buy "organic" foods is the local Farmers Market. And it DEFINITELY helps the local farmers.
-F2S

Amen! Local is always a great way to go. Especially if you can get raw milk!!!!!!!!

Just went through the posts and I agree organic doesn't always mean better as everyone knows. Lot's of factors come into things. However, I completely agree with all the guys stating generally organic is better. Yes some things such as apples for example you may not be able to taste the different. But for the most part there is a big difference in organic vs non organic. Some foods cook differently as well. Your location can come into play as well. Where I live organic is more expensive (sometimes a lot) and it does add up.

Lots of pseudoscience in this thread. I wonder how many think that organic means they don't use any pesticides.

Last edited:
Lots of pseudoscience in this thread. I wonder how many think that organic means they don't use any pesticides.

I know a little bit about agriculture and one thing I know is that you can have chemical pesticides and you can also have pesticides made from natural sources with zero chemicals.. There’s articles with lab tests done on products being sold with chemical pesticides all over them.. Idk about you but I don’t want any “Round Up” on my veggies...

My personal opinion is if you can’t justify buying organic/wild foods because of costs then you need to evaluate other parts of your life and you have other/bigger financial problems.. A full grocery for a week of all natural foods doesn’t cost bank breaking amounts more than that processed shit.. It’s not $100’s of dollars difference... At most it might be around $50 more in my experience when you add all the meats and eggs and veggies etc that’s like $7 a day extra... Ok so around $200 a month more give or take, now I’m not sure where some of you guys are located/from but I’m in Miami and $200 is a sushi date and some drinks (2-3 each MAX)... Going to the movies costs almost $30 just for tickets, add popcorn and sodas etc and you’re over $50 easy.. And that’s a regular theater not the really nice ones that have meals and drinks etc.. So budgeting in some areas of life definitely benefits being able to eat better at home.. You just have to know where to shop...

Now if you’re seriously on a budget and are barely getting by then you might find those “Big on a budget” videos helpful as some of those guys buy enough for 3-5 meals a day on $50 a week..

And to what OP said about grandparents who lived longer etc I can definitely see that, my great grandpa on my dad’s side lived to be 98 years old and he was a farmer who only ate his natural foods and milk etc his whole life and my great grandpa on my moms side lived to be 90 and he LOVED going out and grabbing a few eggs from the hens and eating them raw.. All he ate was natural cheese and meat and eggs etc and never had a single health issue until he was in his late 80’s and was active until he passed.. Both were active.. We definitely don’t see that around here anymore..

I beg to differ. There is a huge price difference in organic meats. I pay $4.99 per pound for organic chicken at Whole Foods. I seen organic chicken there that was $8.99/lb. I can go down to the butcher or local supermarket and pay .99-$1.99/lb. The taste is why I buy organic. .99/lb chicken doesn't taste right to me for some reason.

But vegetable/fruit wise, the only thing Ive ever noticed is the appearance/color. It seems raw organic veggies/fruits are more vibrant in color, but I cant taste the difference between an organic banana and regular banana.

My wife buys these organic eggs that are like $5-6/dozen. Ridiculous if you ask me. I asked her before why spend so much on these kind of eggs. Long story short, she told me because you can meet the chicken that laid these eggs. There is a card in the carton with a picture of chicken and her name. And a short story about her. True story.. LOL. They have them at Whole Foods, if you don't believe the story.

I beg to differ. There is a huge price difference in organic meats. I pay $4.99 per pound for organic chicken at Whole Foods. I seen organic chicken there that was $8.99/lb. I can go down to the butcher or local supermarket and pay .99-$1.99/lb. The taste is why I buy organic. .99/lb chicken doesn't taste right to me for some reason.

But vegetable/fruit wise, the only thing Ive ever noticed is the appearance/color. It seems raw organic veggies/fruits are more vibrant in color, but I cant taste the difference between an organic banana and regular banana.

My wife buys these organic eggs that are like $5-6/dozen. Ridiculous if you ask me. I asked her before why spend so much on these kind of eggs. Long story short, she told me because you can meet the chicken that laid these eggs. There is a card in the carton with a picture of chicken and her name. And a short story about her. True story.. LOL. They have them at Whole Foods, if you don't believe the story.

Prices vary so much here but I am the same. Buying organic usually means at least 30% more. Organic chicken over here costs 3 times as much as you pay on a good day. It usually tastes much nicer than standard chicken. When I bought some the other day I could pay $3 for standard for 200g or $9 for organic so 3 times more expensive. It can vary though from shop to shop and that $3 is super cheap as standard chicken usually costs much more than that.

You can't taste the difference in most veg/fruits. Things like bananas and apples you can't tell any difference. I buy cheaper eggs but they are just like organic here but I still pay $4 for 6 eggs. In one shop I can get 10 eggs for $4.50. Organic eggs are $5-6 for 6 eggs here. In most countries the cheaper eggs all taste like crap... dull colour and bland.

Dude, look at where you’re shopping.. The most expensive brand name market on the planet..

It’s like me saying I buy nice plain T-shirts at Calvin Klein of higher quality than Walmart for $15 and you saying “Nah man, not true. I buy T-shirts a Louis Vuitton and they cost $500” :rolleyes:

Anyway, go to a farmers market bro and tell me it’s bank breaking, it’s not. I buy 3 dozen pasture eggs for $8... Shit, you can even order grass fed beef and all kinds of wild game online for a decent price, the wild game being more expensive like Elk and Camel etc but the other stuff is fairly decently priced if you know where to look... Some places have Filet Mignon for like $10/lb, restaurants sell an 8oz steak of that for like $50-$80 depending where you go around my area...

You’re making a judgement based on you not shopping around or doing research..

Unless your in the DC area (Leesburg VA area local farmers are pretty reasonable. Of course the best red meat and chicken I have ever had was and is from the local farmers in Loudon County Virginia!

Best red meat IMO is the grass fed AND grass finished beef. And go to a Saturday Farmers Market and you can typically find it.

As of eggs I can tell a difference for sure. You can even tell in the yolks when you crack them. The color is a real deep bright rich orange color and not a pale yellow.

From the Mayo Clinic website

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...se/expert-answers/grass-fed-beef/faq-20058059

Does grass-fed beef have any heart-health benefits that other types of beef don't?

Answer From Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, M.D.
Possibly. The difference in the diets of the cattle changes the nutrients and fats you get from eating the different types of beef. Grass-fed beef generally comes from cattle that eat only grass and other foraged foods throughout their lives.

Often, conventional beef cattle eat a diet that includes grains, such as corn, at some point. When compared with other types of beef, grass-fed beef may have some heart-health benefits. Grass-fed beef may have:

Less total fat
More heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids
More conjugated linoleic acid, a type of fat that's thought to reduce heart disease and cancer risks
More antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E
Lean beef that's 10 percent fat or less — whether it's grass-fed beef or another type of beef — can be part of a heart-healthy diet. Although many people think grass-fed beef tastes better, it's generally more expensive and there is limited long-term research to definitively prove that grass-fed beef is better for you. Talk to your doctor or dietitian if you're thinking about adding more lean beef, including grass-fed beef, into your diet.

Dude, look at where you’re shopping.. The most expensive brand name market on the planet..

It’s like me saying I buy nice plain T-shirts at Calvin Klein of higher quality than Walmart for $15 and you saying “Nah man, not true. I buy T-shirts a Louis Vuitton and they cost $500” :rolleyes:

Anyway, go to a farmers market bro and tell me it’s bank breaking, it’s not. I buy 3 dozen pasture eggs for $8... Shit, you can even order grass fed beef and all kinds of wild game online for a decent price, the wild game being more expensive like Elk and Camel etc but the other stuff is fairly decently priced if you know where to look... Some places have Filet Mignon for like $10/lb, restaurants sell an 8oz steak of that for like $50-$80 depending where you go around my area...

You’re making a judgement based on you not shopping around or doing research..

Who cares if Whole Foods is expensive? If I can afford to go there, why not? Im not buying $9/lb chicken, Im paying $5. And its about taste, not cost. Comparing t-shirts to meats is a stupid comparison. I have done my homework, and that's why I eat a certain kind/brand of chicken and my wife eats a certain brand of egg.
Trader joes isn't that much cheaper and the farmers markets by me that I have been to dont carry a lot of the same quality of meat like a whole foods does.

You must not understand how Whole Foods works. Your food has to meet a certain criteria to even sell there for one.

And you're talking to the wrong guy about filet mignon, because Ill buy wagu Kobe beef filet when available before Ill buy a usda grass fed filet mignon for $10/lb.
If you ever eaten wagu Kobe A5, you'll know what Im talking about.

I still buy ostrich filets and those are $45/lb..

Last edited:
Prices vary so much here but I am the same. Buying organic usually means at least 30% more. Organic chicken over here costs 3 times as much as you pay on a good day. It usually tastes much nicer than standard chicken. When I bought some the other day I could pay $3 for standard for 200g or $9 for organic so 3 times more expensive. It can vary though from shop to shop and that $3 is super cheap as standard chicken usually costs much more than that.

You can't taste the difference in most veg/fruits. Things like bananas and apples you can't tell any difference. I buy cheaper eggs but they are just like organic here but I still pay $4 for 6 eggs. In one shop I can get 10 eggs for $4.50. Organic eggs are $5-6 for 6 eggs here. In most countries the cheaper eggs all taste like crap... dull colour and bland.

Organic is always going to be more. I buy food baste on my taste buds. I always pay more for better tasting meats. I just cant stomach .99lb chicken, Ive tried.

All my wife eats is organic, even though I think its crazy to pay $5-6 for a dozen of eggs, I cant be a hypocrite. I just eat the whites anyways, so thats why I buy mine in ready to pour cartons.

Who cares if Whole Foods is expensive? If I can afford to go there, why not? Im not buying $9/lb chicken, Im paying $5. And its about taste, not cost. Comparing t-shirts to meats is a stupid comparison. I have done my homework, and that's why I eat a certain kind/brand of chicken and my wife eats a certain brand of egg.
Trader joes isn't that much cheaper and the farmers markets by me that I have been to dont carry a lot of the same quality of meat like a whole foods does.

You must not understand how Whole Foods works. Your food has to meet a certain criteria to even sell there for one.

And you're talking to the wrong guy about filet mignon, because Ill buy wagu Kobe beef filet when available before Ill buy a usda grass fed filet mignon for $10/lb.
If you ever eaten wagu Kobe A5, you'll know what Im talking about.

I still buy ostrich filets and those are $45/lb..

Ok you can afford to go there, good for you, but the point was you’re making a comparison with one of the most expensive places and I’ve done the research, it’s just a name. I guarantee your “X” brand chicken doesn’t taste any better than a chicken pasture raised on a farm that was killed and sold... C’mon bro...

I wasn’t comparing the T-shirt’s to meat I was comparing what you’re saying.. Whole Foods sells Tuna for $30/lb and I get the same tuna ordered for 1/3 that price.... Same exact tuna from the same exact ocean... Why does it cost more at Whole Foods? Because Whole Foods is a brand name...

Yes I do know about Wagyu beef and buy that as well when I can, but now again you’re comparing something that costs $40-$80 per steak wholesale (depending what cut you choose) to something else... Is Wagyu steak delicious? Hell yea it is! But is $10/Lb Filet Mignon from Grass Fed/finished cows a deal and delicious/healthy too? Hell yea it is! But again, you’re talking about something special now..

Now don’t get me wrong, if you’re financially well off where you can load your fridge with $80 steaks to eat whenever you please then by all means! I’d be doing the same thing..

Point is, we both know higher quality stuff taste better but my argument was that to buy organic/natural foods it doesn’t break the bank...

I don't think so I think we're talking about the same thing, organic means it wasn't shot up with a bunch of shit and modified to make it grow larger and faster with less defects. The food tastes better without all that shit added and healthier by default, plain and simple. Stuff from my dads farm is "organic" even if doesn't have that title from whatever organization gives it out. "Organic" at the supermarket or picked from my dads farm tastes better than whatever mass produced cheap garbage and that's all that matters to me. I think you're making it more complicated than it actually is, I'm not talking about cost or even where it comes from I'm talking about how it is grown., the "organic" label is just a way to describe it.

if not talking about just a label then yes i agree with you 100%

foods from small, local non giant methods are unquestionable better. lol

not exactly what youre talking about but...
example of my day to day in this.. i wont eat like a normal piece of bread but i walk by this tiny lil bakery that bakes fresh bread all day! lol

like always hot fresh out of the oven..
fuck yes i eat that more then i should!

seems to have no reflection in the mirror!
lol
fresh is magic!:love:

Grass fed beef, free range eggs..absolutely..

Organic apple? Scam.

Ok you can afford to go there, good for you, but the point was you’re making a comparison with one of the most expensive places and I’ve done the research, it’s just a name. I guarantee your “X” brand chicken doesn’t taste any better than a chicken pasture raised on a farm that was killed and sold... C’mon bro...

I wasn’t comparing the T-shirt’s to meat I was comparing what you’re saying.. Whole Foods sells Tuna for $30/lb and I get the same tuna ordered for 1/3 that price.... Same exact tuna from the same exact ocean... Why does it cost more at Whole Foods? Because Whole Foods is a brand name...

Yes I do know about Wagyu beef and buy that as well when I can, but now again you’re comparing something that costs $40-$80 per steak wholesale (depending what cut you choose) to something else... Is Wagyu steak delicious? Hell yea it is! But is $10/Lb Filet Mignon from Grass Fed/finished cows a deal and delicious/healthy too? Hell yea it is! But again, you’re talking about something special now..

Now don’t get me wrong, if you’re financially well off where you can load your fridge with $80 steaks to eat whenever you please then by all means! I’d be doing the same thing..

Point is, we both know higher quality stuff taste better but my argument was that to buy organic/natural foods it doesn’t break the bank...

We can go back and forth all day, so to each his own. If you cant taste the difference between "X" brand chicken and organic/farm/pasture raised, thats on you. I can taste and see the difference. Again, its not about the cost, its about taste. And I'll gladly pay $3,4,5 more a pound if it tastes better. I hate chicken that tastes/chews like rubber.

Whole Foods has strict food guidelines to even sell in their store. If your food doesn't rate 4 or 5 by their standards, you can sell there, period. Most local supermarkets would be 1-2 by the food they sell. And that goes back to how the cattle, chicken are raised.

We can go back and forth all day, so to each his own. If you cant taste the difference between "X" brand chicken and organic/farm/pasture raised, thats on you. I can taste and see the difference. Again, its not about the cost, its about taste. And I'll gladly pay $3,4,5 more a pound if it tastes better. I hate chicken that tastes/chews like rubber.

Whole Foods has strict food guidelines to even sell in their store. If your food doesn't rate 4 or 5 by their standards, you can sell there, period. Most local supermarkets would be 1-2 by the food they sell. And that goes back to how the cattle, chicken are raised.

I think chicken tasting rubbery depends also on how you cook it but yes, i agree, cheap quality meats and eggs etc are garbage. I never said I couldn’t taste the different between a brand and farm raised, I’m saying I can taste the difference between cheap and higher quality, higher quality being pasture raised cows and chicken etc...

Which is why I say to you; you buy chicken from Whole Foods because it’s the kind you like and I assume it’s a natural, pasture raised chicken, right? Free of hormones, free to roam around wild until they kill it? (If it’s not the same then please specify).. So ok, what’s the difference between that brand at Whole Foods and one I’ll buy at a farm that did the same thing? You don’t think Whole Foods is going to charge more per lb of that chicken than Joe Lunchbox the farmer? 100% they will, there’s packaging and employees to pay on both ends, the company needs to make a profit and so does Whole Foods...

Buuuuut back to what you said, you can afford to go there and the farms in your area suck and don’t have a lot of pasture raised animals or eggs etc so you rather go to Whole Foods then ok, good for you..

I think chicken tasting rubbery depends also on how you cook it but yes, i agree, cheap quality meats and eggs etc are garbage. I never said I couldn’t taste the different between a brand and farm raised, I’m saying I can taste the difference between cheap and higher quality, higher quality being pasture raised cows and chicken etc...

Which is why I say to you; you buy chicken from Whole Foods because it’s the kind you like and I assume it’s a natural, pasture raised chicken, right? Free of hormones, free to roam around wild until they kill it? (If it’s not the same then please specify).. So ok, what’s the difference between that brand at Whole Foods and one I’ll buy at a farm that did the same thing? You don’t think Whole Foods is going to charge more per lb of that chicken than Joe Lunchbox the farmer? 100% they will, there’s packaging and employees to pay on both ends, the company needs to make a profit and so does Whole Foods...

Buuuuut back to what you said, you can afford to go there and the farms in your area suck and don’t have a lot of pasture raised animals or eggs etc so you rather go to Whole Foods then ok, good for you..

whole foods is much more marketing then reality of quality products. largely where the "organic" title being not important comes from.

the chickens are not natural like roaming around a farm. that is super hard to find. in all honesty i think good quality chicken is super hard to find. i feel better about mine when they still have some feathers on them. lol

beef, finding naturally raised grass fed beef is tough and expensive. most of whats at whole foods is not grass raised entirely. again there are strict deffinitions which define this.

i have gone scouring the country side of various states and couties looking for like real deal old fashion naturally raised shit... it is not easy to come by. also not enough of it to fill giant chain stores like whole foods.

there are a lot of good documetaries and books about industrial farming and all of this. really good to understand more about where your food comes form n how it gets to you.

sometimes it pays to look before you leap . . .

. . . Organic apple? Scam.

Maybe where you live, but not where I live.

Very close to where I live is a town that was (is now encroached upon by vineyards) world
known for its apple orchards, over 20,000 acres at one point in time. (They still have a hugely
popular Gravenstein Apple Fair every year.)

True organic apples are very easy to get here. In fact my wife’s aunt who lives in the town
has a small, non-commercial apple orchard (some of the oldest apples trees in the area) that
we make apple cider from every year. We pick over 50 gallons of apples, hand grind and
press them, yielding gallon and gallons of the sweetest, best apple cider you have ever tasted.

There are so many organic apple orchards here I have lost count. It is all the rage because,
yes, apples are one of the most pesticide dependent crops there is, but . . . we can get all the
organic apples we could ever eat.

Plain and simple, it is not a scam, you just have to know where to look . . . or where to live :)

The only 2 thing i buy that is organic is:

Organic Grassfed Beef 95% Lean
Organic Eggs

Because i eat a shiton of them daily.

whole foods is much more marketing then reality of quality products. largely where the "organic" title being not important comes from.

the chickens are not natural like roaming around a farm. that is super hard to find. in all honesty i think good quality chicken is super hard to find. i feel better about mine when they still have some feathers on them. lol

beef, finding naturally raised grass fed beef is tough and expensive. most of whats at whole foods is not grass raised entirely. again there are strict deffinitions which define this.

i have gone scouring the country side of various states and couties looking for like real deal old fashion naturally raised shit... it is not easy to come by. also not enough of it to fill giant chain stores like whole foods.

there are a lot of good documetaries and books about industrial farming and all of this. really good to understand more about where your food comes form n how it gets to you.

Have you tried looking online? There’s a few places that sell grass fed/finished and pasture raised meat and wild game meat too...

But yea I agree, here in South FL, more in the Homestead/FLA City and Redlands area there’s a couple local farms that will have free roaming chickens you can buy as well as their eggs, you can get whole pigs and some will sell meat from their cows as well... Even a couple of farms with sheep..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear