over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Organic only?

From the Mayo Clinic website

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...se/expert-answers/grass-fed-beef/faq-20058059

Does grass-fed beef have any heart-health benefits that other types of beef don't?

Answer From Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, M.D.
Possibly. The difference in the diets of the cattle changes the nutrients and fats you get from eating the different types of beef. Grass-fed beef generally comes from cattle that eat only grass and other foraged foods throughout their lives.

Often, conventional beef cattle eat a diet that includes grains, such as corn, at some point. When compared with other types of beef, grass-fed beef may have some heart-health benefits. Grass-fed beef may have:

Less total fat
More heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids
More conjugated linoleic acid, a type of fat that's thought to reduce heart disease and cancer risks
More antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E
Lean beef that's 10 percent fat or less — whether it's grass-fed beef or another type of beef — can be part of a heart-healthy diet. Although many people think grass-fed beef tastes better, it's generally more expensive and there is limited long-term research to definitively prove that grass-fed beef is better for you. Talk to your doctor or dietitian if you're thinking about adding more lean beef, including grass-fed beef, into your diet.
A well taken care of cow will produce good meet and milk,I believe most things are better with a better life style. Nacho

This thread has led me to believe that very few people, even the ones here who stay more educated on their health, know what the organic is. Kinda scary

This thread has led me to believe that very few people, even the ones here who stay more educated on their health, know what the organic is. Kinda scary

USDA Organic is far more lenient that what a true 100% organic should be. I prefer to think of the food I desire to be Traditional Raised/Grown ie the way it was grown for 1000's of years prior to the use of man-made chemicals and genetic engineering(hybridization is okay in my book.)

I personally don't care if the label says organic or not as long as I know the farmer and can talk to them and get the story. As has been stated in this thread going USDA organic is very expensive and takes years. We buy milk for instance that is grass fed and during winter the feed was all grown on the farm but they prefer not to deal with the gov anymore than they have to and I can completely understand that. They do give antibiotics IF a cow gets sick but they take the cow out of the milking production line for a period of time. This is a good compromise IMO. I don't think you let a cow die when it can easily be saved with a course of antibiotics because you have to be organic all the time. At the same time, I don't want them eating antibiotics all day every day.

Lol. Why is it 'scary'? Not everyone is going to be a subject matter expert on all aspects of 'health'. The only scary thing is that the govt. knowingly allows this shit to go on.

The FDA and the allowance of bullshit words is a joke/scam. "Natural", "organic", "GMO".

Honey, coffee, salmon, olive oils are a gamble. The industry is completely fucked. At least in the US. They're 'loosely' regulated.

Its hard to 'stay educated' when you're lied to constantly.

I would think most would realize that a large part of the industry is a joke/scam as tren_plz just posted. As LK3 eluded to lot's of labels/brands that don't quite mean what many think. Are all organic labelled products superior... of course not. However anyone with even a basic knowledge can see/taste the difference in the quality of different varieties of the same food. There are many food companies that pride themselves on quality produce so I look out for those. Many you can pinpoint the exact origin of the food. Just as many go to farmers markets or local farms and buy locally. On the whole being labelled organic doesn't define the quality of a food but many things are generally better. When I go to my nearest organic store and buy fruit and chicken the quality is on another level but so is the price.

Branding is another thing that comes to mind and many fall for it. Many products are exactly the same (foods, medicines, clothes etc) but labelled differently and as a result the prices vary significantly.

Since Amazon bought Whole Foods their prices have come down substantially.

Central Market/HEB in Texas and legit Rancher's here and i always get great grass fed beef/eggs.

I won't lie, i cant bring myself to buy chicken breast for 7.99/LB. Costco is my go to.

I would think most would realize that a large part of the industry is a joke/scam as tren_plz just posted. As LK3 eluded to lot's of labels/brands that don't quite mean what many think. Are all organic labelled products superior... of course not. However anyone with even a basic knowledge can see/taste the difference in the quality of different varieties of the same food. There are many food companies that pride themselves on quality produce so I look out for those. Many you can pinpoint the exact origin of the food. Just as many go to farmers markets or local farms and buy locally. On the whole being labelled organic doesn't define the quality of a food but many things are generally better. When I go to my nearest organic store and buy fruit and chicken the quality is on another level but so is the price.

Branding is another thing that comes to mind and many fall for it. Many products are exactly the same (foods, medicines, clothes etc) but labelled differently and as a result the prices vary significantly.

Well said brother, well said.

Lol. Why is it 'scary'? Not everyone is going to be a subject matter expert on all aspects of 'health'. The only scary thing is that the govt. knowingly allows this shit to go on.

The FDA and the allowance of bullshit words is a joke/scam. "Natural", "organic", "GMO".

Honey, coffee, salmon, olive oils are a gamble. The industry is completely fucked. At least in the US. They're 'loosely' regulated.

Its hard to 'stay educated' when you're lied to constantly.
Gov. does allot of messed up stuff, I definitely don't trust thier labels at all.. nacho

Last edited:
Have you tried looking online? There’s a few places that sell grass fed/finished and pasture raised meat and wild game meat too...

But yea I agree, here in South FL, more in the Homestead/FLA City and Redlands area there’s a couple local farms that will have free roaming chickens you can buy as well as their eggs, you can get whole pigs and some will sell meat from their cows as well... Even a couple of farms with sheep..

grass finished is not what you want.
that is part of the deffinition thing i was talking about.
grass fed only.

its been many years since i have been to the states.
i had tried various web sites but none were worth it or impressive.

for beef i found the best value was from grass fed beef imported from new zealand i think.. lol

really good products are not so easy. i have gone to local farms and purchased meat from cows they killed and it was terrible. lol

i met a guy a while ago who was so obsessed with his cows he wouldnt even let the ranch hands yell at them! lol no hitting no yelling just nice calm happy cows! yummy!

grass finished is not what you want.
that is part of the deffinition thing i was talking about.
grass fed only.

its been many years since i have been to the states.
i had tried various web sites but none were worth it or impressive.

for beef i found the best value was from grass fed beef imported from new zealand i think.. lol

really good products are not so easy. i have gone to local farms and purchased meat from cows they killed and it was terrible. lol

i met a guy a while ago who was so obsessed with his cows he wouldnt even let the ranch hands yell at them! lol no hitting no yelling just nice calm happy cows! yummy!

Not grass finished? Hmmm.. But I’ve read when they’re not grass finished they usually feed them grains at the end of their life etc so you’d want grass fed and finished beef for the most natural/best meat?

Not grass finished? Hmmm.. But I’ve read when they’re not grass finished they usually feed them grains at the end of their life etc so you’d want grass fed and finished beef for the most natural/best meat?

for health reasons you want 100% grass fed.

grass finished means that in theory the cow could have lived on a feedlot for like 85% of its natural life. not always the case but...

when cows eat things other then grass it changes the ph of there body and this is where the changes start with the "good fat" vs "bad fat".

taste and flavor of beef is obviously semi relative. then there are things like antibiotics... if you want grass fed for health its 100% grass fed or dont bother.

if i remember right its much easier to get grass finished then grass fed, whole foods i think has primarily grass finished.

for health reasons you want 100% grass fed.

grass finished means that in theory the cow could have lived on a feedlot for like 85% of its natural life. not always the case but...

when cows eat things other then grass it changes the ph of there body and this is where the changes start with the "good fat" vs "bad fat".

taste and flavor of beef is obviously semi relative. then there are things like antibiotics... if you want grass fed for health its 100% grass fed or dont bother.

if i remember right its much easier to get grass finished then grass fed, whole foods i think has primarily grass finished.

I think you misunderstood me bro, what I’m talking about is grass fed AND finished... Both things...

Some places say grass fed but they’re grain finished and others say grass finished as you stated I believe where they could be on feed lots...

If it specifies both then you know it’s 100% grass fed all the way through..

Grass finished is exactly what you want. He's unfamiliar with that term.

google it bro!
lol
100% grass fed is what you want for health.
grass finished could have eaten other things previously.
often in these cases its just hay. but could be what ever.
grass finished = last % of cows life on grass, hence FINISHED.
100% grass fed = grass entire life

Published by Grain fed Beef Industry, no wonder.

All grass fed is better.

Anyway for the price and the quantity of Beef and eggs that i eat daily, Its worth it to buy only grassfed beef and organic eggs.

What exactly is incorrect about what they said? Do you know more about raising cattle than the PhD who wrote the article?

google it bro!
lol
100% grass fed is what you want for health.
grass finished could have eaten other things previously.
often in these cases its just hay. but could be what ever.
grass finished = last % of cows life on grass, hence FINISHED.
100% grass fed = grass entire life

Idk man, I’m not saying you’re wrong but I’m saying that some of the labels I’ve read also say “100% grass fed and finished” which to me also means the same thing you’re trying to tell me lol

Maybe they just word it different? :eek:

Point is we want happy, wild cows! :D Lol

What exactly is incorrect about what they said? Do you know more about raising cattle than the PhD who wrote the article?

What he means is there’s a conflict of interest when the publisher is part of the grain fed, feed lot industry competing with the natural industry... Who’s to say they (the grain industry publisher) didn’t pay that PhD to say what they wanted him/her to say? It’s been done before on a much larger scale...

What he means is there’s a conflict of interest when the publisher is part of the grain fed, feed lot industry competing with the natural industry... Who’s to say they (the grain industry publisher) didn’t pay that PhD to say what they wanted him/her to say? It’s been done before on a much larger scale...

Almost all articles written praising organic are by people in the organic industry. Therefore following that logic what they say is just as invalid. Again, what was incorrect in what he stated? He simply showed how different cattle "both grass fed and traditional" are generally processed and what they are fed. This can all be proven pretty easy.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc