over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Osteoarthritis - knees

renewlyf

Featured member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A few months ago I jacked up my knee. I wish it was doing something exciting like sky diving or climbing Mt Hood. Sadly it was brining in the trash can from the curb. :eek: Initially it wasn't too bad. I laid off it for a few day and it got better. Then I would train legs and it would act up again. I struggled with the back and forth like that for a month or so. Finally it got so bad I went to get some physical therapy on it.

I don't have health insurance so I went to a friend of mine that specializes in ART therapy. He wanted me to get an MRI done right off the bat but because of my pace maker/defibrillator I can't. It took another month of searching to find a qualified place that could do ultrasound diagnosis of knees.

I got the results of that back yesterday and basically I have a severe sprain of the meniscus, fluid on the knee and Osteoarthritis. I started a treatment called Supartz injections. Supartz is one of the hyaluronates used in viscosupplementation. basically it's a natural lubricant injected into the knee joint.

I have two questions.

1.) Has anyone else used this treatment for arthritic knees?

2.) Are there any other things that will help with this?

Thanks in advance!

Renewlyf

Hmmm interesting... Gonna follow this closely as my GF has knee issues as well...can never seem to get to 100%...hope it goes well for you brother.

Google "Peter Ghosh" Pentosan.

You should immediately find some compelling studies. If not, PM me and I'll make sure you get them.

you can fix your knee.

first, curcumin. eating it doesn't work. there are 2 versions available that do however.

my mother has Osteoarthritis and bone wasting conditions. she did not like any of the drugs the doctors pushed on her. 33mg curc in IM administration gave her total pain relief for more then 7 days.

she did not like the roa so gave her a topical version. after a week or 2 results were the same, total pain relief and other possative effects like increased cardio and workout performance and loosing weight without trying.

curcumin works via several different pathways, it is an anti inflammatory, but also is healing your body as it tells your cells to replicate without mutation. how this works In reality is the longer you use it the better your problems get, you are actually fixing yourself.

hyaluronic acid and pentosan sulfate are also options but in general they are not used right.

typically they are injected into the joint. doingthis just allows them to act as a buffer and lubricant. if you administer im they have a systemic effect.

there was a study done on horses where they compaired the two moethods and the im method gave superior healing in that the joint was able to recover to some degree. I do not think however that this will fix arthritis stuff, it may help or be part of the equation but the curc is really phenominal inthis regard.

also think you have fluid in the knee and you are pumping more shit in there, you are gona swell it up and put more preasure onit by adding more fluid.

I have no real evidence to support this but I do feel peptides or gh have a place here as well. for these applications injury healing I think that peptides might have an edge on synthetic gh but again just a thought, no proof.

Damn sorry to hear about your knee. That`s the worst feeling like you "got beat" by the garbage can or curb. Have you read about adequan? It is polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. It is supposed to rebuild damaged cartilage and replace synovial (joint) fluid. I used it when my shoulder got a little jacked up and it worked great. You can find the same ingredient in ichon. Let me know if you need help finding it, I`ll look up where I got it.

Had those injections several years ago. I had both knees done 3 years in a row. One injection in the synovial sac once a week for 3-5 weeks. Shots were effective. I started high dosing of fish oil which helps with inflammation and got off the shots. Also glucosamine is has been helpful as well . One of my knee surgerys was taped. He showed me the regeneration of my cartilage from the supplement and told me to keep taking it. Only thing is, once cartlige is gone, it ain't coming back

I'm already there myself

Yes, I have used Synovisc-one injected into my knee. Once arthritis has set in there is no cure for it and it only get worse. However, not everyone has the same symptoms, while some have very little pain from arthritis. I'm not one of the lucky ones for that doesn't have pain. Unfortunately I have severe arthritis in both knees, something that is genetic in my family.

As for pain management, I found cortisone shots more effective coupled with the synovisc-one shots. The synovisc didn't take care of all the pain but it helped.

Tramadol can be very effective for arthritic pain management, as I take 100mg/2x/day.

Attachments

• synoviscone.jpg
    synoviscone.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 146
I have osteoarthritis in both knees (and elbows). I get Synvisc shots every six months in both knees and it's helps somewhat. I'm looking into get PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy done, as studies do look promising with respect to stopping the progression of the disease and pain management.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131