advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Osteogenesis Imperfecta Angel Tree - Let's help kids with a rare brittle bone disease

Jblack

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
PJ,
Hey everyone - Big A was kind enough to give me permission to advertise this grass roots angel tree I started along with Jason Theobald of Scoobyprep last year. Last year we did it and raised over $3,000 which in turn helped over 20 families with Christmas. Since the disease is so rare and in some cases so severe the majority of the kids asked for Wii's, iPads, and xboxes since they are confined to wheelchairs or beds most of the time. Last year we had a raffle but in all honesty this year I am having a hard time securing sponsors to do a raffle again so we might just go with a typical donation fundraiser. Below is little bit about me and what I went through myself with Osteogenesis Imperecta. I hope you all consider donating to this great cause. I am hoping to get the gofundme page live on October 1st.

I was born with a very rare brittle bone disease known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta. I have had over 90 fractures in my life and 18 surgeries from age 8 to 14 to walk again. My mom got me into lifting weights when I was 9 to prepare me for my life in a wheel chair or crutches. I knew at a young age I would defy those odds and walk again and age 14 I did thus enabling me to go to high school walking to be Normal. 14 was also when I stumbled on flex magazine and decided to pursue bodybuilding. My life has been blessed by the iron and steel along with the great people I have met over the years.

Last year through the help of Bio (mod on PM) I was able to speak in August of 2014 to the teenagers with OI who came to the national conference in Indy. The people I met and the stories I heard forever touched me. I knew I had to do something more. Last September Jason and I gathered some people such as Skip and Joe Binley and John Meadows amongst others to donate some services or products to a raffle to raise money for an angel tree we wanted to do.

We managed to raise over 3k and were enabled to provide Christmases for over 20 families who due to the cost of caring for someone with this disease might not have been able to have a great Christmas due to financial restrictions.

Below is the link to our Facebook in which families haved shared their stories along with their trials and tribulations.

Here is the link to the page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Osteogenesis-Imperfecta-Angel-Tree/1702692059955053

Last edited by a moderator:
B-U-M-P

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear