over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Any Lawyers or Attorney out there?

I hope you get this resolved buddy, I know it can be extremely stressful.

Sounds as if there has been a violation of the fair debt collection practices act. Look around for a creditor's rights attorney. You may be able to sue the attorney for violation of the act. If so, you are limited to 1,000.00 damages but the suing attorney can collect attorney fees from the defendant. All about the attorney but you benefit as well.

They can freeze your account and collect it, if they have a judgement against you. Perfectly legal. Judgements however, are only good for 10 years, unless renew in court. You need to get a credit report and research the courts for what legal action that is taken against you. Filing BK, would get rid of all these debts, unless disputed in court. Most will not even bother, unless it is a secured debt.

Pay attention to whats happening to European countries with a lot of debt.

Its not a good idea to keep a lot of your money in a bank.

Its not a good idea to keep a lot of USD period. What happens when the world realizes the USA cannot pay back its debt? What happens when the world decides to no longer trade in USDs? All those international USD are going to come home to the USA causing massive hyperinflation. Every dollar the Fed prints dilutes the purchasing power of your dollar ... and they are printing a lot of fucking dollars.

Call me a conspiracy nut but keep your savings in commodities. Keep your savings in silver for example.

Lets put it this way. You took $1400 USD and bought an oz of gold. The exchange rate between USD:Gold went to $1700 per oz and you decided to sell. Did you actually earn more wealth ... or did you just trade in your valuable gold for more dollars that are worth-less? If gold suddenly jumped to $6000/oz ... would you sell your valuable gold for a falling USD? Hey I can trade my oz of gold for 100 million Zimbabwe dollars ... am I really richer?

I hope this changes a perspective or two on the "stability" of fiat currency.

The USD is a farce. Its a ponzi scheme thats going to collapse in the next few years.

Anyways I'm going off topic but the point is ... don't trust the banks ... look at Europe ... trust money that has been money for centuries ... gold silver etc.

Last edited:
look up the FDCPA, statue of limitations to collect in AZ is 7 years. There is a lawyer up around bell and 32nd st I wanna say. I forgot his name and type of attorney, I think he`s a consumer attorney. He will handle it with no cost. Maybe his name is richard groves. He will sue them and the other side will pay his fees plus give you $1000/per for FDCPA violations. He handled one of those for me and that`s exactly how it went. Act quick or they will get that money from your account, not just a hold on it.

Pay attention to whats happening to European countries with a lot of debt.

Its not a good idea to keep a lot of your money in a bank.

Its not a good idea to keep a lot of USD period. What happens when the world realizes the USA cannot pay back its debt? What happens when the world decides to no longer trade in USDs? All those international USD are going to come home to the USA causing massive hyperinflation. Every dollar the Fed prints dilutes the purchasing power of your dollar ... and they are printing a lot of fucking dollars.

Call me a conspiracy nut but keep your savings in commodities. Keep your savings in silver for example.

Lets put it this way. You took $1400 USD and bought an oz of gold. The exchange rate between USD:Gold went to $1700 per oz and you decided to sell. Did you actually earn more wealth ... or did you just trade in your valuable gold for more dollars that are worth-less? If gold suddenly jumped to $6000/oz ... would you sell your valuable gold for a falling USD? Hey I can trade my oz of gold for 100 million Zimbabwe dollars ... am I really richer?

I hope this changes a perspective or two on the "stability" of fiat currency.

The USD is a farce. Its a ponzi scheme thats going to collapse in the next few years.

Anyways I'm going off topic but the point is ... don't trust the banks ... look at Europe ... trust money that has been money for centuries ... gold silver etc.

way to take thing O/T, but I love these posts full of misinformation. Global transactions completed using USD is actually up 5% in the last 4yrs to 87% of all transactions, yea real lack of confidence in USD. How are commodities going to surge when China is teetering on collapse from the most insane govt driven credit bubble in RE and infrastructure ever AND a rapidly aging population?

oh yea, money printing by the fed... USD have been written off, destroyed at almost an equal pace through, foreclosures, short sales, defaults, BK`s, etc. Money supply is actually been steady, not increasing but velocity is way down from 2007. In fact the only 2 factors keeping the money supply from shrinking is student loans (all done by feed govt) and auto, which high % are guess what, SUB PRIME, which some actually being sold as, guess what CDO`S, any of that sound familiar?

Hyperinlfation? you must read infowars or some garbage. Our real problem is DEFLATION! The complete opposite. The fed is pumping $85B/mo and the fed`s over spending by 1.5T/yr... what is the current inflation rate? that`s right, barely 1%. You sir have about as much useful information as al gore, but thanks for trying :rolleyes:

You should put down the government statistics that hype up a collapsing currency. Government statistics on the health of the economy is pure propaganda. I have to admit it’s difficult to filter out an argument between your arrogant pompous comments and your rambling about how misinformed I am. Its amusing that your first paragraph talks about a strong confident dollar and then your second paragraph contradicts your first beginning with a statement about the dollar being written off. Of course, as the world’s reserve currency, post-recession trading in USD is going to increase. I’m not even going to argue this point much unless you’ve been living in a cave it’s not news the USD is in trouble. Also I define inflation as a direct increase in money supply (prices are a side effect of inflation). Other than that I’m not sure what your point was?

You should put down the government statistics that hype up a collapsing currency. Government statistics on the health of the economy is pure propaganda. I have to admit it’s difficult to filter out an argument between your arrogant pompous comments and your rambling about how misinformed I am. Its amusing that your first paragraph talks about a strong confident dollar and then your second paragraph contradicts your first beginning with a statement about the dollar being written off. Of course, as the world’s reserve currency, post-recession trading in USD is going to increase. I’m not even going to argue this point much unless you’ve been living in a cave it’s not news the USD is in trouble. Also I define inflation as a direct increase in money supply (prices are a side effect of inflation). Other than that I’m not sure what your point was?

When I said USD dollars being written off, that means being taken out of the system, decreasing the money supply, M2, so that does not contradict my other point. Please point out some inflation for me, that is NOT directly related to commodities prices, which is a side effect of the fed printing money. Oil is below $100, gold is off some 30% + this year, silver too. Are you saying the govt # for inflation at 1% is wrong? It`s way low? You can define inflation how you want, but there is also a real accepted definition that is a bit different, but any way, money supply is NOT increasing (learn your facts) so where is inflation, or even hyperinflation coming from? I need to be ready :D

One more question to show the holes in all your thoughts. In 2008, the economic collapse, bear sterns, lehman, 2 100y/o companies go BANKRUPT, major problems... what happened to the USD? It went up big time? What happened to gold? It went down about 30%. Sorry but on this topic, your a clown

Last edited:
Unfortunately, lawyer fees to fight this will probably be close to what your lien (hold) is. Still worth looking into but I hate to see you on the hook for a lawyer's retainer and the past debt. Oh, and lawyers aren't crooks? Whatever reason they got into law to begin with has long since gone. Can you tell I hate lawyers?

I just got off the phone(or hung up on actually) with the collection agency attorney. This shit is getting stupider by the minute. Apparently there was a case against my wife in 1995 and the process server tried to serve her at her address in NY on 5 different occasions but was unable to find her home. He then asked the postman if the address and occupant were correct and he affirmed. Therefore under some retarded section of NY state law he simply affixed the subpeona to her door. She never got it and there has been absolutely no communication whatsoever until now. Now not only do they want the judgement of $1500 but they also want the interest from the date of the judgement which totals over $4000. What a fucking joke.

They can freeze your account and collect it, if they have a judgement against you. Perfectly legal. Judgements however, are only good for 10 years, unless renew in court. You need to get a credit report and research the courts for what legal action that is taken against you. Filing BK, would get rid of all these debts, unless disputed in court. Most will not even bother, unless it is a secured debt.

Judgments rendered in New York State are good for 20 years.

Your bank account is typically restrained for double the judgment entered against you.

Secondly, regarding the 'restraining notice', its related to wage garnishment and its typically up to 10% of the gross each pay period garnished until the judgment is satisfied.

You want to have the order vacated and to do that you have to file 'An order to show cause" that is step one.
The unfortunate reality is that a lawyer licensed in New York should be hired in order to unwind this mess.
I don't know who 'owns' the debt at this time and therefore who is entitled to any money but a call from an attorney in AZ may not do much when a party is expecting compensation.

Like I said call this guy, Law Office of Richard Groves - Arizona's Consumer Law Attorney , he is in phoenix, if you actually have a case, you will NOT pay fees up front except maybe filing fees which you will get back when you win and the other side is forced to pay. Don`t listen to idiots that just hate a group for w/e reason. This guy handled my wife case, the same exact way, we made, profited $1000 from the whole thing, for FDCPA violations.

Scum bag debt collectors can also "serve you by publication" meaning theye "can not find you" so they are aloud by law to publish a notice of hearing in a small newspaper nobody reads announcing your hearing date, BOOM you are legally served and notified.

Like I said call this guy, Law Office of Richard Groves - Arizona's Consumer Law Attorney , he is in phoenix, if you actually have a case, you will NOT pay fees up front except maybe filing fees which you will get back when you win and the other side is forced to pay. Don`t listen to idiots that just hate a group for w/e reason. This guy handled my wife case, the same exact way, we made, profited $1000 from the whole thing, for FDCPA violations.

Scum bag debt collectors can also "serve you by publication" meaning theye "can not find you" so they are aloud by law to publish a notice of hearing in a small newspaper nobody reads announcing your hearing date, BOOM you are legally served and notified.

Thanks for the link, did a quick search after your first post and did't find anything so the link is appreciated. I will give them a call tomorrow; working a few different angles and hping to be able to do this without spending a bunch of money. From the research I have found thus far it appears as PBJ said I need to file and order to show cause and vacate. It turns out that the address that they left the summons at was one that she did not live at and when she previously did live at it she lived in a structure detatched from the home that was turned into an apartment so it wasn't even put on the correct door.

Judgments rendered in New York State are good for 20 years.

Your bank account is typically restrained for double the judgment entered against you.

Secondly, regarding the 'restraining notice', its related to wage garnishment and its typically up to 10% of the gross each pay period garnished until the judgment is satisfied.

You want to have the order vacated and to do that you have to file 'An order to show cause" that is step one.
The unfortunate reality is that a lawyer licensed in New York should be hired in order to unwind this mess.
I don't know who 'owns' the debt at this time and therefore who is entitled to any money but a call from an attorney in AZ may not do much when a party is expecting compensation.

I been to court many times over matter like this since owning a business. Judgments are only good for 10 years unless renewed:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/1417m-long-judgements-valid-new-york-state.html

Like I said, step one is too see if it has been renewed in court. If not, they can not collect. He needs to find out through the court, what legal action has been taken against him. If he filed BK, case is closed. If they already froze his account, he can kiss that money good by. This case is not worth a Lawyer's time, most have retainer's fees of $3000 to begin.

I agree with some debt collectors doing illegal things, but good luck trying to follow up on that. The sad thing is they can put anything on your credit report, you will have to dispute that and they have up to 30 days to remove. They can screw your credit for 90 days.

When I said USD dollars being written off, that means being taken out of the system, decreasing the money supply, M2, so that does not contradict my other point. Please point out some inflation for me, that is NOT directly related to commodities prices, which is a side effect of the fed printing money. Oil is below $100, gold is off some 30% + this year, silver too. Are you saying the govt # for inflation at 1% is wrong? It`s way low? You can define inflation how you want, but there is also a real accepted definition that is a bit different, but any way, money supply is NOT increasing (learn your facts) so where is inflation, or even hyperinflation coming from? I need to be ready :D

One more question to show the holes in all your thoughts. In 2008, the economic collapse, bear sterns, lehman, 2 100y/o companies go BANKRUPT, major problems... what happened to the USD? It went up big time? What happened to gold? It went down about 30%. Sorry but on this topic, your a clown

gogotren with all due respect you are missing the forest for a single tree. i don't want to hijack this thread but a prime example is your last paragraph about the dollar and gold. yes the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, the bailout, caused some confidence in the US economy. stimulus is going to stimulate. but the bigger picture that your missing is the purchasing power of the USD since the government decided to float it and drop the gold standard. also, one last time government statistics on economics are completely bullshit. you don't really believe the unemployement rates do you? inflation no different. the ussa is orwells 1984 right now. don't fall for the bullshit. i don't want to argue over a single tree so to speak and i don't want to hijack threads so, at the risk of sounding pompous, chapter 21 of this book covers inflation and concepts like money inflation vs. price inflation, stock of money vs. the money supply.

http://mises.org/books/lessons_for_the_young_economist_murphy.pdf

Last edited:
don't know about your personal situation, but I had something similar to this but no hold was placed on any accounts,when I started to buy my first house a credit check was run and an old hospital bill came up,i think about 8-10 years old, I called and they said if I pay it all at once they would give me a 10% discount,i told them it had been more than 7 years and they have to remove it, after they checked it was instantly removed as it was not on the credit report that was run a couple of days later.

:yeahthat:

This guy speaks the truth. Not sure if the years removed varies from state to state - consult a local attorney.

I been to court many times over matter like this since owning a business. Judgments are only good for 10 years unless renewed:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/1417m-long-judgements-valid-new-york-state.html

Like I said, step one is too see if it has been renewed in court. If not, they can not collect. He needs to find out through the court, what legal action has been taken against him. If he filed BK, case is closed. If they already froze his account, he can kiss that money good by. This case is not worth a Lawyer's time, most have retainer's fees of $3000 to begin.

I agree with some debt collectors doing illegal things, but good luck trying to follow up on that. The sad thing is they can put anything on your credit report, you will have to dispute that and they have up to 30 days to remove. They can screw your credit for 90 days.

Actually it is 20 years; I know this because I just got off the phone with a very pleasant lady at the Supreme Court in Putnam County where this all originated. She is helping to walk me through what I need to submit and to try to have it so my wife does not need to appear in court as traveling to NY from AZ would not be feasible.

try to contact the whoever that is sending that and write a check for $300 and on it write "paid in full" (not fine print or anything...like right it on there were an average person can read it) and if they cash the check you are done.

If you owe ANYTHING to ANYONE if you write them a check even for a $1 and write "paid in full" on it and they cash it or deposit it you have legally paid your bill.

If you can not afford an attorney find a university near you and go to the law school or email a professor there and ask them for advice. Always use the universities around you for anything. Full of knowledge for free to just walk in and ask ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131