over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Any Lawyers or Attorney out there?

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just got a phone call from my bank here in Arizona and apparently there is $3000 hold being put on our checking account from an attorneys office in Putnam, NY for a medical bill for my wife in 1996(yes 1996). We have never had any notice of this supposed bill and it has never been on her credit report and nobody has ever contacted her about this ever before. We have attempted to contact the attorneys office to get more info but no answer thus far. Obviously she is not going to be able to prove that she paid this bill 20 years ago. What does one do in a situation like this? According to Chase bank, the order came from the Supreme Court of NY. Any help from those who are knowledgable would be greatly appreciated.

Hire a local atty who specializes in debt collection defense and stuff of that nature.

Sounds like you can probably beat this even if it is a legit hospital lien. They probably won't be able to meet their burden with supporting documentation this far out.

Sounds a little fishy! Did you use Google to check what the statute of limitations for debts is in the state of New York?

Read the Q&A section here ;) :
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
don't know about your personal situation, but I had something similar to this but no hold was placed on any accounts,when I started to buy my first house a credit check was run and an old hospital bill came up,i think about 8-10 years old, I called and they said if I pay it all at once they would give me a 10% discount,i told them it had been more than 7 years and they have to remove it, after they checked it was instantly removed as it was not on the credit report that was run a couple of days later.

Had a hold put on my checking for about $2400 one time. Found out by a letter in the mail. I also had a savings account at the same bank but they had not located that account yet. So I went online and transferred everything in my checking into my savings and the next couple days I withdrew the cash from the ATM until I emptied the account.

Dont know if this will work for you but luckily it did for me, hope it helps.

Chase bank are crooks. They will lie and tell you anything to try and collect.
My wife years ago had troubles with them on a credit card debt.
One week before Christmas time they locked her account.
On the phone they would say just pay us 100$ and we will un-freeze it.
Well she did and they straight lied to her. It was a trick to collect a little more.

1996! Damn man that is wrong:eek:

Well she did and they straight lied to her. It was a trick to collect a little more.

You are right bro Chase are the biggest crooks!! As of Nov of this year you now have a 50k per month spending limit per person per account. It is like you cash is not even yours with these people. This includes business and person accounts. They will also no longer do international wires also! We are currently in the process of changing account because of this.

You are right bro Chase are the biggest crooks!! As of Nov of this year you now have a 50k per month spending limit per person per account. It is like you cash is not even yours with these people. This includes business and person accounts. They will also no longer do international wires also! We are currently in the process of changing account because of this.

This is ludicrous... They will gladly accept money from anyone, but withdrawing your funds is always a hassle! Now limitations? What's next.. they will pay you in monopoly money???

Just got a phone call from my bank here in Arizona and apparently there is $3000 hold being put on our checking account from an attorneys office in Putnam, NY for a medical bill for my wife in 1996(yes 1996). We have never had any notice of this supposed bill and it has never been on her credit report and nobody has ever contacted her about this ever before. We have attempted to contact the attorneys office to get more info but no answer thus far. Obviously she is not going to be able to prove that she paid this bill 20 years ago. What does one do in a situation like this? According to Chase bank, the order came from the Supreme Court of NY. Any help from those who are knowledgable would be greatly appreciated.

Have you and your wife switched insurance providers or moved since then?

Also, you should go to the bank and speak directly to a manager. Just pick his/her mind and see what can be done. It's always good to question them directly and commonly they have ready solutions for upset customers for this type of situation. Always worth a try.

This is bs! I have a credit card through chase, so you're telling me I can only spend $50 a month?!

50,000 may seem like a lot so it's not that bad per month. Well what if your a business account who has to make pay roll or need new equipment. You are SOL and personal account what if u wanna buy a car cash or put a down payment on a house for more thank 50K you are SOL. Then to top it off no international wire transfers.
It's just seems like YOUR MONEY is NOT YOURS!! When I talked to them they said you can still deposit as much as you need to with out limits. Funny right? You can give them unlimited amounts of cash but you just can't spend it all!!

Had a hold put on my checking for about $2400 one time. Found out by a letter in the mail. I also had a savings account at the same bank but they had not located that account yet. So I went online and transferred everything in my checking into my savings and the next couple days I withdrew the cash from the ATM until I emptied the account.

Dont know if this will work for you but luckily it did for me, hope it helps.

The money is already on hold so I can't take that amount out, its too late.

Everyone I have talked to about this situation this evening has said the same thing about Chase. Unfortunately I am afraid all the banks are crooks.

Update: My wife spoke to the bank and they faxed a copy of the order over to her at work(it is called a "restraining notice"). They are going to review it because there may be some issue with it. According to the notice there was a judgement against my wife in 1996 in favor of Putnam Hospital Center. She did live there back then but is unaware of any court case against her. She called the hospital and they have no record of this whatsoever. So we checked the court system and the case number on the document does not exist so she is going to call the court tomorrow directly to verify. Also, she is on the board of directors for a hopsital group out here and is friends with the corporate attorney. He said he would take a look at things and help her out if she needs it; so hopefully things will work out here.

If a judgement has been issued by the court then its public record so you can look it up. To legally seize your account a writ of execution had to promulgated. If that is the case multiple notices had to have been sent via the attorney collecting the debt. They have to be sent via certified mail which means someone had to be receiving the letters. It could have been at an old address or she could have received them and unknowingly threw them out, or worst of all hid them from you. It is a very lengthy process which favors the defendant(you and her). In order for the writ of execution to have been issued the law would have to be followed to the letter. Once again someone was receiving those notices. Also I know for a fact that the state of New York does not have a statute of limitations on medical bills.

Edit: The restraining notice is something different. Sounds like you have an over zealous debt collector who bought the debt from the hospital years ago and is just now attempting to collect due to their being no statute of limitations regarding medical bills in New York State. Good luck my friend.

Last edited:
Yeah chase are crooks. I had a credit card closed out last year for no reason. When I called they said it was because I do not use my account much. I hadn't used it in maybe three.months. I switched to them amd consolidated other cards nalances to them and paid it off. Funny because in a year of opening a card with them my limit went from 5k to 25k because I was always paying on time above amd beyond amd used it for some major purchases.

So because of no balance and not using it much in the last few months leading up to them closing it, they decided to close it. Never looked back after that. I've read and heard nothing but nad things about them.

I honestly keep most of my money in a large safe now. As soon as I'm paid I take out what I have left over after bills amd what I need for online supp orders. Banks are becoming a hastle and with the way things are going with the economy I'd rather have my cash mot under the control of someone else.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity