over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT-Anyone here play rugby?

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am thinking I may join the local Rugby league, I have never played before but played soccer and football growing up. What size do you think someone who is 5-7 needs to be to be competitive.

I play for a professional league. Love laying people out. Dont mind getting laid out either ahahaaha. You run a lot so you have to eat a lot.

Thatss badass man, I don't mind the eating thing but imagine I am not going to be doing much gaining during season. I guess the only rugby I have seen is on tv ha and those fuckers are huge so it made me feel like I was too small.

I am thinking I may join the local Rugby league, I have never played before but played soccer and football growing up. What size do you think someone who is 5-7 needs to be to be competitive.

5'7" you could be maybe 8 Man/Scrum Half (more advanced) or a back ex. Fullback (they do running).... Depending on what type of club it is? Novice clubs I would say you have nothing to worry about.

Played football in high school and while at college was invited by some friends to play rugby. Found out quickly that it was not for me. I think soccer players are more inclined to make for an easy transition to rugby. Having said that, I was never really that good at soccer.

Played football in high school and while at college was invited by some friends to play rugby. Found out quickly that it was not for me. I think soccer players are more inclined to make for an easy transition to rugby. Having said that, I was never really that good at soccer.

What makes you say that the amount of cardio you need?

At school here in the UK we were made to play it, i actually enjoyed it but was never any good.........:p

Is there rugby in usa????

I played winger in college. It's by far the most rewarding sport I've ever played

You'll be fine, you don't necessarily have to play in the forwards. If your not big, it will help if your fast....

Doesnt any one play Aussie rules anymore? Sorry mate didnt mean to high jack

I play for a professional league. Love laying people out. Dont mind getting laid out either ahahaaha. You run a lot so you have to eat a lot.

Are you palying in the UK?

I am british so it's played alot here. In my school it wasn't played so I never got into it... many schools are the opposite though. I don't play rugby but sometimes watch it. It is a proper mans sport... I think you will love it. I have a friend who plays it at a high level. It is brutal when he plays. He punched someone in the face the other day and never got sent off... it's brutal. You should defo give it ago. If it is just at a novice level it will be great for you imo.

Techno just take some Selios tren a and you will be ready for the challenge :D:D

I am british so it's played alot here. In my school it wasn't played so I never got into it... many schools are the opposite though. I don't play rugby but sometimes watch it. It is a proper mans sport... I think you will love it. I have a friend who plays it at a high level. It is brutal when he plays. He punched someone in the face the other day and never got sent off... it's brutal. You should defo give it ago. If it is just at a novice level it will be great for you imo.

Techno just take some Selios tren a and you will be ready for the challenge :D:D

I am rocking it rite now man ha i like that a proper mans sport ha. I am going to give it a shot i just think i am going to prob end up dropping a few lbs from all the cardio.

its a rough sport my friend. i played a few times while i was in the university. despite the fact i was the biggest/strongest guy there , because of the nature of the game you get some injuries. then you go to the gym and this hurts, that hurts etc and this holds back your workout. if you are serious about bbing dont do it imo, but try it a few times and decide for yourself.

definitely a great sport to play. before my back injury I played virtually every position, was versatile, extremely quick and could take down even the biggest opposition. Requires a lot of constant running, I rarely got breaks unless it was injury related, tried to play through them as I was a key player. 5 10, 205. Wasn't the biggest but wasn't the smallest by far. Even played NFL here in high school and utilized a lot of the things I learned in league to grid iron here. Good luck to ya! We were league champs in 1st division 2 years in a row before I left the team. The fights were always great fun along with laying some big bastard out :headbang:

I dunno about USA, but unless ur over 6 foot tall and naturaly built or geneticaly broad youd get nowhere in any australian local league

honestly its that bad lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner