over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Anyone sing/scream metal?

No video, just audio. Sounds better at HIGH volume. :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK1lMfYX0zo"]Children Of Bodom - Aces High - YouTube[/ame]

I'm going to have to /facepalm at the Lamb of God though:banghead::banghead::banghead:
:Dhahaha

It's okay. I'm fully aware of the hate out there for LOG. On a positive, I saw All Shall Perish and Kataklysm at Reggie's in Chicago for like $12. Oh, and btw, why aren't you into "that" music anymore? If it's a "Trinity" thing....there's always August Burns Red. I love me some ABR.

You should give Children of Bodom's cover of Iron Maiden's "Aces High" a listen.

It's so awesome. :headbang:

Or, how about giving COB a listen period. They're really good. Hate Crew Deathroll is probably my fav by them.

A family member used to play for As I Lay Dying
Until Tim Lambesis ruined the band's future. Or, did he quit before Tim put a contract for murder on his wife? And guess what (instead of Don Hooten), he's blaming steroids for his behavior.

Until Tim Lambesis ruined the band's future. Or, did he quit before Tim put a contract for murder on his wife? And guess what (instead of Don Hooten), he's blaming steroids for his behavior.

he never said his family member wasn't Tim Lambesis...

Aces High was a fkkin amazing song. Used to listen to it in middle school too! COB and Arch Enemy were 2 of my top 3 fav metal bands :love:

AlienDog, I don't like it because...idk outgrew it?Most of it sounds the same to me and boring. I used to like ABR for a month or so but got sick and tired of the repetitive DROP C crap and metalcore sound. I definetly was a fan when they first came out though.

Last edited:
I growled for 4 years before i got super heavy into the EDM(dubstep) scene. It was just something i had the more i practiced the worse i got... my throat is a lot happier these days tho.

When I was a kid...metal singers sounded like Ozzy, Bruce Dickinson, and Ronnie James Dio. Nowadays....metal singers sound like if you took cookie monster...got him to snort a big rail of crystal meth....punched him in the face....and then put him in front of a mic and told him "OK man...do your thing!" But you know what? This kind of metal works for me. Been listening to Hatebreed's "The Rise of Brutality" at the gym alot lately.

Or, how about giving COB a listen period. They're really good. Hate Crew Deathroll is probably my fav by them.

I concur. One of my favorites. "Every Time I Die" is probably my favorite song. And I usually enjoy their covers. Especially "Oops, I did it again." They rock that the last half of the song. :headbang:

When I was a kid...metal singers sounded like Ozzy, Bruce Dickinson, and Ronnie James Dio. Nowadays....metal singers sound like if you took cookie monster...got him to snort a big rail of crystal meth....punched him in the face....and then put him in front of a mic and told him "OK man...do your thing!" But you know what? This kind of metal works for me. Been listening to Hatebreed's "The Rise of Brutality" at the gym alot lately.

I love Hatebreed, hardcore group that can write more than simple music. Lyrics are great! Motivational, great working out to.

Angela Glassow from Arch Enemy has some growling clinic videos on youtube. She has a great sense of humor too.

This is who I meant to say. I know a girl who has taken her classes. She can sing very well, and switch into growling and back. If you just scream, you won't gig long.

I just spoke with a friend that sings/screams. She said the best thing to learn first is called a vocal fry. This is the technique LOG and Chester of LP switched to when he damaged his vocal cords.

She said Melissa Cross puts out a very good DVD, and you need to do the boring stuff so you can make it sound good.

Captain ???? Is that you??? Its me Marv..

LOL. I hear you loud and clear on the cookie monster thing. Im in my 40s and grew up with Sabbath, Maiden, Pantera , Testament ect....
BTW---no love for Machine Head or Mastadon?

i like amon amarth. they have a lot of good songs. i just started listening to them about a few months back. victorious march, where silent gods stand are my favorite.

Love seeing this musical diversity in ProM...

Quite honestly I think the best way of developing screams or growls IS singing along to your favorite tracks when driving...I have a mild obsession with Tom Waits and have his voice down almost perfectly, and his voice is a result of years upon years of scotch drinking and chain smoking lol.

But I also used to listen to a lot of hardcore/crust punk and got down a lot of their yelling/screaming routines by practicing in the car. Metal-wise I tend to do a bit more of the progressive/heavy metal stuff so there isn't as much screaming (first 3 Mastodon records I love for getting that growling voice down), but once again if I get into a funk wherein I'm listening solely to that music, I can develop the ability of their vocals over the span of a month or so. And this is coming from a guy who sang in choirs and did opera a bit in college.

The MOST limiting thing is going to be your natural range. You can make it larger through practice, but if you're naturally singing in the bass-baritone range, you can't compete with the metal singer that's belting out full-voice B's (high B's). Drop the octave and have fun singing it.

I got my bachelor's degree in music...classical guitar and history/theory. If anyone happens to have an interest in classical music (romantic era mainly), I'm always around for a convo :D

Chode, it sounds like a mixture of "We Came with Broken Teeth", "Necrophagist", and "Morbid Angel" LOL. Very nice sweeps in the first song btw.

I'm not into any heavy metal anymore except Arch Enemy. Totally lost interest as I got older. I'm not ashamed that I like Radiohead :cool:

We should have a sweep picking contest over skype sometime :D

Thanks man. I love metal, but more so into the older Opeth/Meshuggah/Devin Townsend more artistic and experimental stuff. Normal straight forward metal bores me a bit, but I am a die hard musician and appreciate all genres (most) and listen to everything (except country and rap).

And I wish I could still sweep like that but my chops have gone down the shitter...I try to pick up the guitar a couple times a month, I miss my fingers being able to go wherever I wanted. Now everything hurts! Haha

All Shall Perish was one of the best death metal bands to ever exist IMO.
Waging Slaves, Eradication, There is no business to be done on a dead planet, and a lot of stuff on their second album(I forget the name) were phenomenal at the time when I was into that stuff.

I'm going to have to /facepalm at the Lamb of God though:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:Dhahaha

Lamb of god are a tight band (perfomance wise, not "tight yo") and write awesome fucking riffs. Don't blame them for the fact they almost broke "mainstream". Randy Blythe sucked in the beginning but grew into an amazing metal vocalist, and the guitar players have a style that's hard to emulate (a lot of one finger sliding and chromatics)

I just spoke with a friend that sings/screams. She said the best thing to learn first is called a vocal fry. This is the technique LOG and Chester of LP switched to when he damaged his vocal cords.

She said Melissa Cross puts out a very good DVD, and you need to do the boring stuff so you can make it sound good.

"The zen of screaming"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity