advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Athletic hobbies outside of bbing... i got an electric skateboard!

I started to train for my first triathlon next year, so I got myself a nice expensive bike and started biking (3xweek) running (3xweek), and swimming (3xweek). Still lifting 5 to 6 times a week... 3 of those bbing styles and 3 functional/strength styles... and I am loving it... A new sport, a new challenge, and new goals. I still love bodybuilding as a fan, but personally what is the point of having a nice body if the only thing you can do with it is flex??? F that... I want to have fun and feel alive and I think I found that on endurance training hybridatheltism... like Nick Bare

I started to train for my first triathlon next year, so I got myself a nice expensive bike and started biking (3xweek) running (3xweek), and swimming (3xweek). Still lifting 5 to 6 times a week... 3 of those bbing styles and 3 functional/strength styles... and I am loving it... A new sport, a new challenge, and new goals. I still love bodybuilding as a fan, but personally what is the point of having a nice body if the only thing you can do with it is flex??? F that... I want to have fun and feel alive and I think I found that on endurance training hybridatheltism... like Nick Bare
Yes. Nick bare inspired me to start running as well.
As my endurance and pace improve I'm thinking of new challenges to tackle. Maybe a 5k run. I can burn off 5k like nothing now. Before I started almost 2yrs ago,, I could barely run 1/8th of a mile. Now I can get up and burn off 5k without even thinking.
In fact, I really hit my stride after 4miles. That's when everything loosens up and I get into a zone. 2nd wind
On my basketball days I go to the local gym and warmup 2 to 3 miles at 7mph. Little over a 8min pace. I see guys walking on the treadmill getting gassed after 10mins. I used to be that guy.
Now I can run on the treadmill, and still outlift most geared up young gym rats. I'm geared up too, but at less than 300mg of substances. Plus I'm pushing 50. I'm running circles around 20 somethings on the basketball court. And surely outfitting the average Joe Gymrat.

Yes. Nick bare inspired me to start running as well.
As my endurance and pace improve I'm thinking of new challenges to tackle. Maybe a 5k run. I can burn off 5k like nothing now. Before I started almost 2yrs ago,, I could barely run 1/8th of a mile. Now I can get up and burn off 5k without even thinking.
In fact, I really hit my stride after 4miles. That's when everything loosens up and I get into a zone. 2nd wind
On my basketball days I go to the local gym and warmup 2 to 3 miles at 7mph. Little over a 8min pace. I see guys walking on the treadmill getting gassed after 10mins. I used to be that guy.
Now I can run on the treadmill, and still outlift most geared up young gym rats. I'm geared up too, but at less than 300mg of substances. Plus I'm pushing 50. I'm running circles around 20 somethings on the basketball court. And surely outfitting the average Joe Gymrat.
Good for you @goback2013, Nick is a huge inspiration and the fact that he has been able to accomplish all those things from an IronMan to a 100k Ultramarathon and still keep a decent muscle mass is just incredible. Running is hard for me but as you I am getting better at it every week. Not easy to go back to running at 273 pounds LOL. I also dropped my gear to 300 mgs of test prop and 50 mgs of Anavar plus 4 iu GH.
So far with all these new cardio sessions, I have dropped to 247 pounds and still look pretty big and much leaner... my goal is to get down to 215 and do that first Triathlon next year.

Good for you @goback2013, Nick is a huge inspiration and the fact that he has been able to accomplish all those things from an IronMan to a 100k Ultramarathon and still keep a decent muscle mass is just incredible. Running is hard for me but as you I am getting better at it every week. Not easy to go back to running at 273 pounds LOL. I also dropped my gear to 300 mgs of test prop and 50 mgs of Anavar plus 4 iu GH.
So far with all these new cardio sessions, I have dropped to 247 pounds and still look pretty big and much leaner... my goal is to get down to 215 and do that first Triathlon next year.
Yeah. I just started 2iu of GH ED.. just to see how it reduces recovery time.
This morning I weighed in at 270 but at 6'6+
I'll weigh 260 after tonight's run though.
I've walked around at 255.. but I think that's due to limting carbs at the time. Was still strong though. Life responsibilities have changed a bit since then. So there's that too. My weight baseline is probably 265, 270 at a 38inch waistline.

I was fluctuating between mid 280s and 290s prior to running. But since I've been running while still lifting, I've definitely recomped.
My legs have actually gotten bigger as a result.
I'm stronger in all my lifts. I'm just better all around since running. Its a game changer for sure

Everyone says I look bigger.. but I've actually lost a good 30lbs.

In the end, I'm loving the endurance, hybrid athlete thing. It just allows you to do more.
Plus it's fun. I'll admit somedays when I am running I ask myself why can't I just be the 6pack beer guy like everyone else.
Nah. I wasn't made to be like everyone else.
I'll keep running and overcoming fitness goals.

I remember the first time I hit the track.... man that is the best feeling. Ninja650 as my first track bike. Then a completely custom GSXR600 made by Ghiliman - you think knee down in a blind, off camber, uphill, decreasing radius corner might be impressive, this MF drags his HELMET! The late Dustin Apgar RIP brother...
- hes riding an R1 here, but my gsxr600 was his original race bike that was decked out in Predator fairings as wel. AMA pro who taught me how to ride. I never did well racing myself but I had my race license for a few years and was really into it! Pursuing bodybuilding led me to give it up though too many crashes and head trauma started racking up as well as other issues. I LOVED racing and track days, but I LOVE bodybuilding more.

That dude was on a hole new level before dragging elbows!!! RIP, met w guy at COTA track day who learned from him as well. Sad to hear he passed.

I did that for a summer once while I was teaching. A group of teachers cleaned the outside of homes and condos, and then we painted them. It was peaceful work until one of my coworkers had his ladder fall down. Yikes.
Technology has changed it quite a bit. Now we clean 3.5 to 4 stories from the ground. It’s called softwashing and pretty much all the pros swapped over 10-15 years ago. Basically cleaning with chemicals. Only thing we get to use pressure on these days is concrete.

Technology has changed it quite a bit. Now we clean 3.5 to 4 stories from the ground. It’s called softwashing and pretty much all the pros swapped over 10-15 years ago. Basically cleaning with chemicals. Only thing we get to use pressure on these days is concrete.
Ok, wow that is different. We had to use ladders and climb up on the 1st story roof. From there we would pressure wash the 2nd floor. Then we were up on ladders to paint the wood once it was cleaned off.

That dude was on a hole new level before dragging elbows!!! RIP, met w guy at COTA track day who learned from him as well. Sad to hear he passed.

Ya man he was SUCH a nice guy! Truly a dear friend to many. He was really into Power Paragliding and he was busting stunts up there. Flips and all kinds of stuff, but he always pushed the limit, and motorcycle tracks are just more forgiving than the sky if you fuck up, he made one mistake and it cost him his life, but thats how this man lived his WHOLE LIFE! Army sniper... World class moto stunter, and a damn good AMA pro. I still remember rooting him at Daytona 200 a few years back as he was really making his way up the ranks! He was coming on to the straight and highsided and 140ish, ran off the track, chain tangled up his leg and he was stuck to his fiery crashed bike. The footpeg punctured his femoral artery and hes couldnt free his leg. As things looked grim a fellow rider had come off the track behind him to help. Was able to yank his foot free of the chain but Dustin subsequently lost his remaining big toe. (lost the other one a few years ago)

He was an amazing person. Truly miss that guy.

The Cayman models seem ideal for tracking since they are light weight and mid engine. I have never driven one, but there are many at the track when I go.

I drive a 911 turbo. I have had garages do the work on mine, other than reprogramming the PCU program. I had a new exhaust, new track shocks, semi solid engine mounts, Fabspeed air filter, and new engine programming done to mod mine. Its a better car now for sure. I dont personally do any work on it. The most ive done on my other cars is change oil and brakes.
Other than Mountain biking. I love track and autocross. I used to race a Fiat X19 than an MR2 just recently sold a 2zz swapped MRS spyder to start a business. I love Mid-engined light weight cars, so a Caymen S or Lotus Elise is in my future. I'm short enough the Lotus can do daily but the Caymen is so much more civilized.

Other than Mountain biking. I love track and autocross. I used to race a Fiat X19 than an MR2 just recently sold a 2zz swapped MRS spyder to start a business. I love Mid-engined light weight cars, so a Caymen S or Lotus Elise is in my future. I'm short enough the Lotus can do daily but the Caymen is so much more civilized.
The Camans seem to go around the corners faster than my 911 turbo, but maybe it's the driver? My butt cheeks still pucker when going 100 mph plus into a tight turn!

The Camans seem to go around the corners faster than my 911 turbo, but maybe it's the driver? My butt cheeks still pucker when going 100 mph plus into a tight turn!
Nothing against the 911 but engine placement makes the rear swing vs pivot. Rear engine cars brake before the turn so amazingly and turn in feel is top notch. What you loose in the turn you can make up in the straights and brake later.

Snowboarding is my main non-gym physical hobby, I've been doing it since it started when I was a kid in the 80. I don't go that fast anymore but still up there :)

I used to paintball by paintballprofy a lot when I was younger and always wanted to get back into it but never have, probably too much adrenaline for me nowadays.
Hi, my friend also recommended me to play paintball other than bodybuilding to keep muscles diversified and healthy but I'm not sure that how this sport can help bodybuilders?

Hi, my friend also recommended me to play paintball other than bodybuilding to keep muscles diversified and healthy but I'm not sure that how this sport can help bodybuilders?
Lower stress - lower cortisol better gains 😁

Surf

Make wine, beer, I have 2-18 gallon stills

I shoot for my job but I’ve been competing since I was a child

I cook a lot and make and edit videos for my friends and family to teach them to cook

I compete regularly in bbq cook offs

I’m compiling videos for a YouTube channel just giving advice..I got a lot of fatherless employees and I am constantly doing this so it’s essentially for them

And I hunt at least 3x a week

I am telling all of you who want to get into something new and get you moving....E Mtn bike. Intense Tazer with some upgrades but I can't tell you how much fun these things are. Yes, its an E bike and I cheat...oh well, I get to tide up the mtn and bomb down 5x in 2 hr when the next guy goes 1. The cardio coming down a mtn is so good for working out. They are pricey, I paid $8000 for this but never looking back. I love it. Best Hobby

Attachments

• IMG_8400.jpg
    IMG_8400.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 3

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member