advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - Auto Accident - Keeping Check vs Getting Repairs?

Just remember what they verbally tell you and what is the law are two different things

don't rush things..think it through and google

I tried to edit previous post it didn't take.

At the very least before you sign your life away and release them of all responsibility and make this adjustor very happy, do this. Tell him that you've experienced some headaches, some popping in your jaw, like it's just off, like it doesn't open and close right, some pain in your jaw around your ear when you chew. You read on the internet that these symptoms are common after a MVA and that you're concerned you might have TMJ that was caused by the rear end crash. You'd like to make certain before you sign so you're thinking of asking an attorney about it. The adjustor knows there is no way to prove you don't have TMJ, they know if you go to an attorney and say this that they will send you to a doctor that will diagnose you with TMJ, they know that this is worth 30k min in addition to the repair costs and in addition to the several thousand they'll have to pay their attorney to deal with your attorney. All of sudden this little 10k settlement he thought he was done with is now 50k. Tell him you are concerned about the depreciation on the car from the accident that you were just about to sell it but now you're screwed. They will come back with a higher offer in an attempt to keep you from seeing an attorney. It will still be much smaller than if you saw an attorney but will be more fair.

Rex.

At the very least before you sign your life away and release them of all responsibility and make this adjustor very happy, do this. Tell him that you've experienced some headaches, some popping in your jaw, like it's just off, like it doesn't open and close right, some pain in your jaw around your ear when you chew. You read on the internet that these symptoms are common after a MVA and that you're concerned you might have TMJ that was caused by the rear end crash. You'd like to make certain before you sign so you're thinking of asking an attorney about it. The adjustor knows there is no way to prove you don't have TMJ, they know if you go to an attorney and say this that they will send you to a doctor that will diagnose you with TMJ, they know that this is worth 30k min in addition to the repair costs and in addition to the several thousand they'll have to pay their attorney to deal with your attorney. All of sudden this little 10k settlement he thought he was done with is now 50k. Tell him you are concerned about the depreciation on the car from the accident that you were just about to sell it but now you're screwed. They will come back with a higher offer in an attempt to keep you from seeing an attorney. It will still be much smaller than if you saw an attorney but will be more fair.

Rex.

I like this, it might be a little slimy but those cocksuckers are the slimiest bastards on the planet so fuck them. I like the idea of having that leverage....

What's a normal timeframe for receiving an estimate from an insurance company? I looked this guys insurer up, they have awful reviews, not a big ins company like Geico or State Farm, just some small one where a lot of people are leaving bad reviews about being in accidents from people on that insurance provider and getting screwed over. Put it this way, they sent me an app to download and take pictures and a video, they don't even have local claims adjusters who can come take a look at the vehicle or anything like that. Dorian is gonna come through over the next couple of days and I'm worried I may end up with a leak situation in my trunk from where it was damaged. Might have to tarp the ole girl up and let her ride it out that way and just not drive for a couple days when it's raining.

Rex.

Funny that you mention this, because the past 48 hours ive had headaches and this morning my neck is hurting too. My headrests in my car have their own "airbags", the headrest deploys outward to absorb impact when you are hit from the rear end. The passenger side deployed, which is where the first point of impact was (and i had no passenger in my car) but mine on the drivers side did not. I'd say he hit me at 20 mph or so, I had my foot on the brake so it felt hard as shit and ended up making me release my foot from the brake right after. I actually may have slightly hit the car in front of me too because I've since noticed my front side marker light has become detached from the car, pretty minor, but something. I was in the ghetto when I got hit, ALL the cars around me were like "DIDNT SEE SHIT" and drove off immediately when the light turned green. Pretty funny. Luckily, called the cops, came immediately, gave the guy a ticket, he admitted fault, should be pretty open and shut. SHOULD BE.

So as it turns out they are only offering me (for the car repair) about $1500 up front and they said I would have to take it to a shop and if there is more damage the shop will give them an estimate and they will write a supplemental check to the shop. I'm guessing there's no way to get out of this and have the rest of the money sent to me and not the shop? I really just want to sell the car and get rid of it, I've never had a good experience in my life with a post-repaired car. It's been more of a hassle, taking it back 3-4 times to get the paint matching and whatever they screwed up during the repair process fixed. And it's happened to me twice in my lifetime already.

Rex.

Man, this is why my car insurance rate is so high these days!!:banghead:

Man, this is why my car insurance rate is so high these days!!:banghead:

That was my first thought as well along with a bunch of BS about morality but it's not like those bastards would ever lower prices because people were honest or care about morals themselves so screw them, get every penny you can out of them because they will do the same to you....

I personally wouldn't do it but I don't think I would knock someone that did, I don't know maybe a slippery slope there.

That was my first thought as well along with a bunch of BS about morality but it's not like those bastards would ever lower prices because people were honest or care about morals themselves so screw them, get every penny you can out of them because they will do the same to you....

I personally wouldn't do it but I don't think I would knock someone that did, I don't know maybe a slippery slope there.

Well, its like when someone steals things from Walmart. Every theft is going to be a loss and in the end the store just ends up passing the loss off to the consumer by raising prices.

Insurance fraud doesn't hurt the insurance companies at all, it hurts the consumer. Its a bit like stealing money out of the pockets of hard working people that pay their premiums.

Well, its like when someone steals things from Walmart. Every theft is going to be a loss and in the end the store just ends up passing the loss off to the consumer by raising prices.

Insurance fraud doesn't hurt the insurance companies at all, it hurts the consumer. Its a bit like stealing money out of the pockets of hard working people that pay their premiums.

The Walmart example makes sense in theory but not really in practice. Things are priced at the max that the market will bear, save for some items priced lower just to get people in the door as sales. You could steal half of Walmart’s inventory it doesn’t mean the price of milk is going to go up because the place down the street is selling it cheaper and Walmart won’t sell any milk at that price. Take it from someone who has owned multiple convenience stores and does e-commerce day to day now, the only thing that affects prices are what the market will pay for something.

We’re fed that bullshit to keep us in line but would an insurance company ever think twice about screwing us out of money? Not in a million years...

Like I said it’s a slippery slope and myself personally I wouldn’t do it just due to my personal morals but I can’t fault someone else for doing it. Insurance companies leech on all us with a license to do it, screwing them back is a victimless crime.

Another thing Maldorf, nobody gives a fuck that we stick to our morals. I've never made a crooked dollar in my life I worked like a donkey since I was a teenager to have a comfortable life in my 30's thinking I would always be able to hold my head up high against the people that did everything the wrong way. Guess what....nobody cares, nobody says 'Francis did all the right things good for him", people only care about what you have and what you can do for them no matter who you are and if you did it right or wrong.

The older I get the more I realize I was a sucker working my ass off at all my businesses and investments wasting my youth so I could say that I did it the "right way" while everyone else just coasted, partied and lived it up not giving a shit and then did some shady shit to end up in the same place I am. Half the guys I know and even girls did everything wrong and still ended up as far along as me, the other half didn't do shit and they're broke and worthless.

Worry about yourself and do what it takes to get ahead, in the end nobody cares.

Another thing Maldorf, nobody gives a fuck that we stick to our morals. I've never made a crooked dollar in my life I worked like a donkey since I was a teenager to have a comfortable life in my 30's thinking I would always be able to hold my head up high against the people that did everything the wrong way. Guess what....nobody cares, nobody says 'Francis did all the right things good for him", people only care about what you have and what you can do for them no matter who you are and if you did it right or wrong.

The older I get the more I realize I was a sucker working my ass off at all my businesses and investments wasting my youth so I could say that I did it the "right way" while everyone else just coasted, partied and lived it up not giving a shit and then did some shady shit to end up in the same place I am. Half the guys I know and even girls did everything wrong and still ended up as far along as me, the other half didn't do shit and they're broke and worthless.

Worry about yourself and do what it takes to get ahead, in the end nobody cares.

I agree to some point. In business though if you get a bad name for yourself then nobody is going to want to hire you. My wife had a coworker that was like that, he would stab people in the back to get deals done and do shady shit all the time. Nothing illegal, just unethical. After a decade or more of that, word got out on him. Now a lot of banks wont even consider hiring him. He had to take a job about 4 hours away from where he lives and rent an apartment up there. He drives up on SUnday and stays the week there, comes home for the weekend. His wife just left him too.

I agree to some point. In business though if you get a bad name for yourself then nobody is going to want to hire you. My wife had a coworker that was like that, he would stab people in the back to get deals done and do shady shit all the time. Nothing illegal, just unethical. After a decade or more of that, word got out on him. Now a lot of banks wont even consider hiring him. He had to take a job about 4 hours away from where he lives and rent an apartment up there. He drives up on SUnday and stays the week there, comes home for the weekend. His wife just left him too.

Yea it catches up to some people but I know a lot of them who got away with it and live easy carefree lives because of it while I kill myself putting out fires day and night just to be somewhat well off.

I get to hold my head up high though.....woopty doopty

Yea it catches up to some people but I know a lot of them who got away with it and live easy carefree lives because of it while I kill myself putting out fires day and night just to be somewhat well off.

I get to hold my head up high though.....woopty doopty

Well, you have a conscious and those douche bags don't. You wouldn't feel so good about yourself if you acted like them. My wife is the same. She has worked her way up the right way and now she is highly respected in her field and is easily hired just about anywhere she wants to be. She is in banking, and it seems all the people know each other. Word travels fast when someone is backstabbing coworkers. I think a lot of workplaces are that way.

Ive seen that the ones that get away with it are usually at the very top of the food chain and have very few people to answer to. Those seem to get away with it longer, but most eventually get found out.

Cool color I would sport it but a dealership doesn't care about that, nobody cares about a 2016 super mass produced car because of it's color. It's not like someone couldn't order one up when they were available, there is a difference between a rare car and just a car with a color nobody else chose making it rare. They have their pick of a thousand different used chargers at the dealer auction in every configuration imaginable priced way below book they can put on their credit line and nobody is putting a premium on an accident car, the color on a 2006 means nothing today, 20 years from now maybe but not today and even that would be for a specialty dealer.

Think about it, if I take that car which has been in an accident vs the same car that hasn't do you think someone would ever pick the accident car over the other one because of the color? Nobody in their right mind would do that.

I'm not putting your car down I'm actually saying you did well to only have 3k knocked off of it, trust me I have a share in a dealer lot we wouldn't want your car held in our inventory we would only take it if we knew we were making a sale or killing you on it. You can't throw a rock at the dealer auction without hitting a charger, they were leasing SRT's for $300 a month and 0 down to anyone with a bank account....what do you think happened to all those cars today? Hellcats were being leased here in Michigan for $380, I almost picked one up myself, Chrysler is ridiculous in the way they devalue their own product....but that's a whole other topic and so is this one sorry to derail the thread!

I hear you and I agree completely about the accident part, that's exactly what I was griping about that it didn't get factored into what I received from insurance. I've already received dealer offers close to $30k and we only owe about $15k on it, so not losing any sleep over it. Only reason I am selling it anyhow is because I upgraded it to a Hellcat for her. Now it's pretty bad ass regardless of the purple. :D

So as it turns out they are only offering me (for the car repair) about $1500 up front and they said I would have to take it to a shop and if there is more damage the shop will give them an estimate and they will write a supplemental check to the shop. I'm guessing there's no way to get out of this and have the rest of the money sent to me and not the shop? I really just want to sell the car and get rid of it, I've never had a good experience in my life with a post-repaired car. It's been more of a hassle, taking it back 3-4 times to get the paint matching and whatever they screwed up during the repair process fixed. And it's happened to me twice in my lifetime already.

If a shop spends hours taking your car apart and discovers more damage they are not going to write you a check for the difference. The shop would still be owed money for their time and the space your car took up which could have been used to make the shop more money. Business does not work that way. If you notice pain after the accident report it as soon as you can, it is not unusual. Same with the the front of your car. As your insurance is the company you are dealing with it should not be much of an issue. Your insurance company has to deal with the other guys. I may I was hit from behind which forced me into the guy ahead of me. Truck totaled out fore and aft. My insurance company low balled the value some by a few hundred, not enough to worry about. Not sure how much the are going to charge the other company for it. Dealing with some rehab. The other guys insurance offered me $1000 for pain and suffering a week after the accident. It will probably be a couple years before I see any money but they like to drag it out hoping I negotiate a lower price. That is just how business works so I don't get my panties in a twist as it doesn't help me any.

If a shop spends hours taking your car apart and discovers more damage they are not going to write you a check for the difference. The shop would still be owed money for their time and the space your car took up which could have been used to make the shop more money. Business does not work that way. If you notice pain after the accident report it as soon as you can, it is not unusual. Same with the the front of your car. As your insurance is the company you are dealing with it should not be much of an issue. Your insurance company has to deal with the other guys. I may I was hit from behind which forced me into the guy ahead of me. Truck totaled out fore and aft. My insurance company low balled the value some by a few hundred, not enough to worry about. Not sure how much the are going to charge the other company for it. Dealing with some rehab. The other guys insurance offered me $1000 for pain and suffering a week after the accident. It will probably be a couple years before I see any money but they like to drag it out hoping I negotiate a lower price. That is just how business works so I don't get my panties in a twist as it doesn't help me any.

I decided I'm just gonna say fuck it and take the initial $1500 they offered me and just pay the rest of the car off out of pocket and get something new.

It'd be one thing if the car was brand new and I owed a bunch of money on it but it's almost 6 years old at this point with 95k miles and I'm not going to go through the hassle of all that crap just to get a repaired car back that will LIKELY require multiple trips back to the shop before it's up to my standards.

I decided I'm just gonna say fuck it and take the initial $1500 they offered me and just pay the rest of the car off out of pocket and get something new.

It'd be one thing if the car was brand new and I owed a bunch of money on it but it's almost 6 years old at this point with 95k miles and I'm not going to go through the hassle of all that crap just to get a repaired car back that will LIKELY require multiple trips back to the shop before it's up to my standards.

Probably best thing for you I think. Just don't know how much you will get dinged when you go to sell it. Youll want to try and sell it private sale. If you trade it in to a dealer youll get raped since it has damage to it.

Last edited:

Yea just get rid of the headache and move on, at 95k she’s getting to the point where she needs too much care anyway. I love cars but fuck are they a headache.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws