YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Best Blender For Protein/Oatmeal Shakes??

Mine is just a breville brand one, so nothin too expensive.
But I think I go about it a little different to you guys which you might find easier and cleaner.
I get the full bag of oats (1kg) and blend them down to dust when they are dry and then put them in a Tupperware container till I need the scoops. Then I scoop that and protein into shaker cup and I'm good to go. It means that I only need to use and clean the blender once per week

I like that idea!

But I think I go about it a little different to you guys which you might find easier and cleaner.
I get the full bag of oats (1kg) and blend them down to dust when they are dry and then put them in a Tupperware container till I need the scoops. Then I scoop that and protein into shaker cup and I'm good to go. It means that I only need to use and clean the blender once per week
I'm going to try that with my cuisinart coffee grinder. Then put it in my $10 Oster blender. Still want a Ninja, though.:D

I bought the Ninja and was very disappointed with it cause my veggie shakes where very grainy. I took it back and bought a Vitamix and love that thing it makes shakes so much better, never grainy and always smooth and it comes with a 8 year warrenty.

A Ninja costs $100-150 with a 1-3 year LIMITED warranty. If anything breaks and it will, it will cost you to ship the items to them. With a reconditioned Vitamix($329), you have a 5 year UNLIMITED warranty. If something breaks and it probably won't, they will cover everything. The thing will last a lifetime! Its the same machine they use at Smoothie Kings and coffee shops.

Vitamix. Yeah, the cost up front is significant but like others have mentioned, great warranty. Ours will do anything-including nut butters. I think I have saved enough by making my own nut butters to more than offset the cost...

I bought the Ninja and was very disappointed with it cause my veggie shakes where very grainy. I took it back and bought a Vitamix and love that thing it makes shakes so much better, never grainy and always smooth and it comes with a 8 year warrenty.

I started out with a Ninja too and was also disappointed. Whenever I put a leafy green in my shake like spinach, kale or collard greens it never really got it really smooth like a milkshake. It diced the hell out of it into extremely small sand sized pieces but definitely didn't purée it into a smoothie consistentcy like the cheapo $50 Walmart blender I have now does.

I never blend shakes and oats in a blender..if I have the old fashioned oats then I eat them separate..however offseason (and early in this prep) I use the flavored oats post workout :D. Just mix em right in and drink or let em dissolve for a bit beforehand..tastes great to me especially if you mix flavors right lol

I have both the Ninja and the Vita-mix

Ninja = Margarita's
Vita-Mix = Everything else..

I have a Kitchenaid that I feel like works better than my mom's vitamix for some things. It does ice perfectly, makes for a perfectly slushy shake.
You always have to put the oatmeal through the coffee grinder though in my opinion....can the vitamix mince that up? I dunno, just habit to put 'em in the coffee grinder.

This is a great idea. Thank you I will be using that.

I never blend shakes and oats in a blender..if I have the old fashioned oats then I eat them separate..however offseason (and early in this prep) I use the flavored oats post workout :D. Just mix em right in and drink or let em dissolve for a bit beforehand..tastes great to me especially if you mix flavors right lol

I can't put oats in my shakes whole. For some reason they pass right through me. I had a terrible sharting accident at work once due to whole oats in a shake. But when I grind them up into a powder I have no issues at all.

Ninja just came out with a new 1500 watt blender. It has a 5 year warranty, too. You can upgrade to a lifetime warranty for an extra $30 if you order directly from the company. I think I'm going to get one.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear