over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ot/Bret Michaels has a big heart

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know most of you are aware of how Bret suffered a brain hemmorage and almost died. A couple weeks later he suffers a mini stroke which was probably caused by vasospasm. Now hes going on all the tv shows and going to tour I think starting this weekend or next.

Bret also has a patent foramen ovale. The foramen ovale is a small hole that goes through the septum of your heart when youre a baby in the womb, and it connects the right atrium to the left atrium. Its supposed to close during development but sometimes it remains patent (open). He is still rockin and hasnt lost his fighting spirit. I dont know how many of you watched him on the Apprentice, but he really is inspiring.

Just thought I would mention him and say that I now feel a bit of connection to him since I went through a similar situation when I faced death with my heart attack. Im still lifting and doing my 315 lbs + squats. Doc wants me to squat with 20 lbs dumbells :( The doc told Bret to not even go on TV or tour. Sometimes you have to do what makes you happy. Ive been at this now for almost 2 years since the heart attack and been as healthy as you can be for someone with an EF of less than 20%. I surprise my docs I think.

It is important for an individual to never lose their spirit and love for life. I think this is one of the most important factors for staying healthy. Ive not given up on mine and nor as Bret. Bret they say is due to have his hole fixed sometime later this summer, meanwhile hes touring.

Anyone on here have/had a patent foramen ovale? Usually its caught when you are young, but I guess Bret was without symptoms.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Maldorf, and shedding more light on the subject matter.

Thanks for sharing Maldorf, and shedding more light on the subject matter.

X2. Your a cool guy and offer a lot to this board. Your so right about doing what makes you happy. I am glad that you are able to do those things. God bless you brother.

you have to do what makes ya happy.. life is short guys.. too short not to be happy and too long when your not.. good for bret.. i am actually doing security for bret when he comes to my hometown for a show.. hope to meet him.. seems like a real good guy..

without sounding like a tool i assume the rock and roll lifestyle cannot have helped his situation all those years.

these sorts of bands motley crue, aerosmith, led zep, jonas brothers:D etc etc all lived to daily drink and drug excess

without sounding like a tool i assume the rock and roll lifestyle cannot have helped his situation all those years.

these sorts of bands motley crue, aerosmith, led zep, jonas brothers:D etc etc all lived to daily drink and drug excess

I think that he was one of the guys who treid to make up for it by living as healthy a lifestyle as pssible when he wasn't partying. DUde brings a gym with him in a trailer when he goes on the road and has always been in incredible sahpe (well, if ou want to be on an underwear box). He did do that movie about being on death row that was financed by Charlie Sheen. He was much bigger and more ripped than usual... I suspect that he does have some steroid use in his past, if only for that role.

jonas bros and motley crue in same line.................lol

you have to do what makes ya happy.. life is short guys.. too short not to be happy and too long when your not.. good for bret.. i am actually doing security for bret when he comes to my hometown for a show.. hope to meet him.. seems like a real good guy..

That's great. If you do meet him, I hope you share on here what the experience was like. Ive been a fan of his awhile now ever since I watched his Rock of Love show on cable. He really is a good guy.

Your so right maldorf,last year the doc told me i have an enlarged heart(aorta)but i continue to lift heavy because bodybuilding is the only thing that really makes me happy,besides family and kids of course.Do what makes u happy.

Maldorf, thanks for this post. I always enjoy reading your wisdom.

We could all learn a lot from you. What you lack in your EF, you make up for in pure heart, will, courage and strength bro!!

Maldorf I'm sure you've gathered from other threads that I have posted in that I love cardiology and I think it's great that you're not even in the medical profession, but yet you have a great deal of knowledge on the subject. I know it's because of your MI and cardiac hypertrohy, but still I think it's great. Keep up the great posts!

One of my business partners is good friends with him, and whenever he tours nearby, we always get backstage passes, etc. Hanging out with him, I can tell you he's really down to earth; rare to see that in people who are "famous". Makes you feel like you've been friends forever.

Though as of last year, he still did like to get his party on. I'm sure that THAT has had to stop. Racing heart/high blood pressure... not a good thing with a hole in the heart!

Maldorf I'm sure you've gathered from other threads that I have posted in that I love cardiology and I think it's great that you're not even in the medical profession, but yet you have a great deal of knowledge on the subject. I know it's because of your MI and cardiac hypertrohy, but still I think it's great. Keep up the great posts!

Thanks, yeah me having the heart attack did make me look into cardiology much more. I do have a lot of academic background too though, as I have a bachelors in Zoology and did some work at the master's level in exercise physiology and gross anatomy with the med school. Took one class on reading EKGs and a class in cardiopulmonary phsiology at the grad level. So im not all just internet research, I do have a decent education too. I did teach undergrad anatomy lab at a state university here and was a bio/chem teacher at high school for 6 years.

We seem to have a good number of people here in the health care field too which is very nice.

Actually, I met him working security in 1990.I owned part of a security company back in college.We had contracts for events like concerts,sporting events etc...Well poison has their own security,the arena has some security but hires more(my company) and some police are there also.

Well poison has(or had) these HUGE after parties right at the venue with mega booze and above the ground swimming pools the roadies set up,a bar,a huge sound system etc.. These guys did it up..well,there was a big deal over who did security at the party because Poisons traveling security isn't "officially" licensed security as that is a state license..Well the police and arena security weren't contracted or obligated to stay and watch this big party so that left it up to yours truly to oversee the party or it was off.So I got called on my radio and the bands manager and Bret were begging for us to stay as this room was all set up and I guess about 100 strippers already had passes and were invited.Bret was really cool and offering the security guys that stayed all kinds of merchandise and drinks etc... So myself and about 10 guys stayed and it was Crazzzzyyyyy!!!! I saw things !!!but bret was really cool.

Last edited:
That's great. If you do meet him, I hope you share on here what the experience was like. Ive been a fan of his awhile now ever since I watched his Rock of Love show on cable. He really is a good guy.

Rock of Love was a damn good show and he's what made it good. Bret's reactions and comments about those girls were priceless.

definately knows how to market himself. Guess all the old rockers will start having the same issues eventually look at Ozzy. MM

lol

definately knows how to market himself. Guess all the old rockers will start having the same issues eventually look at Ozzy. MM

I dunno -- I sometimes wonder if Keith Richards is even human.

I never liked Poison, I was a Crue head and GnR fan. I hope the best for Bret, just wish someone would tell him to stop doing that thing with his lips when he poses for photos. :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws