over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT/ Buying a large gym franchise

planet fitness works off quantity they have so many customers willing to pay 10-20 a month and dont even go to the gym ps the lunk alarm doesnt ever go off. personally I love la fitness in south florida.

planet fitness works off quantity they have so many customers willing to pay 10-20 a month and dont even go to the gym ps the lunk alarm doesnt ever go off. personally I love la fitness in south florida.

I personally have never been to a planet fitness. I've only heard horror stories. I think the lunk alarm is just dumb... who cares if you grunt when you lift :rolleyes: and i've heard the dumbbells only go up to 75 or 80 lbs. Lame

I owned a 7,000 sq foot gym

Didn't go the franchise route. The gym never made enough money to justify the time I put in OR the corporate salary I gave up.

Not all franchises provide the same level of support and most have stringent requirements for their gyms.

I financed my gym on my own. I'm enjoying this thread, but you are talking about a lot of money. Do you already have it lined up? The SBA and Venture capitalists don't write checks without a great deal of persuasion, and they also want you to contribute a considerable amount of your own money.

Owning a gym is the greatest job in the world. But it has a high cost of admission.

I don't have the money lined up which sucks and is the biggest thing I am worried about thus far. But I do have a couple connections with some venture capitalists that i have run my idea by and they seem really excited and want to see my business plan written up in detail before they seriously consider it. I dont think the amount of money will be that big of an issue, as I have a relative who just closed a deal for a small business with a group of investors and they got about 3 times the amount I'll need. My 2nd largest issue is deciding which franchise to go with. I have it narrowed down to a few. I dont know weather to bring in a gym franchise that is already in my city (on the opposite side of town) or to bring in a new franchise that we don't have in my city or maybe even my state. Here are some we dont have in my city: Lifetime fitness, worlds gym, powerhouse gym, bally's, planet fitness, LA fitness.

I don't have the money lined up which sucks and is the biggest thing I am worried about thus far. But I do have a couple connections with some venture capitalists that i have run my idea by and they seem really excited and want to see my business plan written up in detail before they seriously consider it. I dont think the amount of money will be that big of an issue, as I have a relative who just closed a deal for a small business with a group of investors and they got about 3 times the amount I'll need. My 2nd largest issue is deciding which franchise to go with. I have it narrowed down to a few. I dont know weather to bring in a gym franchise that is already in my city (on the opposite side of town) or to bring in a new franchise that we don't have in my city or maybe even my state. Here are some we dont have in my city: Lifetime fitness, worlds gym, powerhouse gym, bally's, planet fitness, LA fitness.

I wish you luck. Most venture capitalists would not touch a gym because of the rate of return and the high failure rate. Gyms are one of the most risky businesses. Just trying to be realistic not kill your dream. I was in the gym business for 10 years.

Yeah thats funny you say that cause they told me the same thing. I think they are interested because a big gym with everything, that is not privately owned, and doesn't have high rates, contracts, and large joining fee's, is something that our city does not have.

this isnt about a gym being lame or not business is business. Planet fitness used to be a hardcore gym spinning, shakes, powerlift meets the whole nine but when best fitness another franchise came into town they almost whipped it out and the owner a former bodybuilder had to switch over to PF to survive. I dont like PF better then a meathead gym either im a meathead but I like money more

Next Question

Who is going to run this mega gym? I had a MBA with 20 years mangement, sales, finance and marketing experience and I was a gym rat since 1980. My wife is a CPA who was a D1 college swimmer. We had a "barely" 7,000 square foot gym and we were stretched both physically and mentally.

And then there's the town and state code inspectors. (who you will no doubt come to hate) Yikes bro. It would be easier for you to go to Afghanistan, kill bin laden, bring back the body and collect the reward. Really.

Yeah... Maybe I'm in over my head... Maybe not? Who knows? The only way I'll ever find out is if I try it. I wouldn't be running the gym, just making the executive decisions. I'd let someone with more experience run it. I'll tell you what though..... talking with companies about franchise details is a pain in the ass. I'm almost tempted to go private. Create my own gym. It seems like less of a hassle, but more of a hassle at the same time :rolleyes:

My GeForce GTS 450 Review

The GeForce GTS 450 is an inheritor of a great tradition of high end production values. It follows the values of the Club 3D graphic card with all the merits that go with such a system. The determined gamers will find this one of the better options on the market. With the Zotac GeForce GTX 460 the play has just got a lot more interesting than it was before. There is plenty of hype to go around but the close examination of the gadget shows that the quality is still there for all to see. It is said to be the first NVIDIA Fermi based graphics card from the Zotac suite. The work of the pioneers does not mean that the quality suffers in any way.

Features of the Zotac GeForce GTX 460 and GeForce GTS 450

The user can expect to play with 2GB of GDD R5 graphical memory. The speeds have been estimated at about 3600 MHz which is quite impressive in all the circumstances. There is a 256 bit memory interface which allows the play to proceed at very high speeds. This is gaming performance at the highest levels that can be envisaged by the players. It is a credit to the design values that are espoused by these systems. The Zotac GeForce GTX 460 and GeForce GTS 450 are making the waves with the technical brilliance of their performance as well as the user friendliness of their output.

The 336 Cuda Cores will be set at about 1420 MHz. At the same time the GPU clock is set at 710 MHz. The dual slot cooling system then ensures that the gadgets are not too hot to handle. The gadgets support all the NVIDIA technologies including the NVIDIA 3D Vision, the Surround NVIDIA CUDA as well as PhysX. There is the NVIDIA SLI ready on the two way basis and the NVIDIA Pure Video HD system. All these make the Zotac GeForce GTX 460 and GeForce GTS 450 absolute gems within the industry of their choice.

They have the Microsoft DirectX 11 system. The Shader Model is one of their strong points with 5.0 capabilities to boot. The Direct Compute support is one of the great additions that can work with the Open GL 4.0 system. The cards that are used in this system include the HDMI 1.3a capability that goes very well with the Blu Ray 3D effect. The dual link to DVI-I systems as well as the HDMI will be of importance to the users. The Display Port is particularly effective for the products.

The Zotac GeForce GTX 460 and GeForce GTS 450 bring some technical abilities that put the rest of the gaming world to shame. They are the premier products for many of the issues that are of concern to the players. They also do the work with a dedication that is totally admirable. That is what makes them such a compelling prospect in any situation within which they are placed. It is also the beginning of all the work that is used to get them to the top of the gaming world.

redirect.html

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear