advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Chael Sonnen fails random drug test.

This is why he is an announcer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Good job, Chael. This guy's gonna be the face of the UFC one day.

He did! Chael Sonnen has officially retired (for now)!!

That's right, he'll be back. He said he was going to retire after he lost the Anderson Silva rematch.

I think the Wanderlei grudge match will have to happen eventually. He single handedly manufactured all that hype and Wanderlei fell for it hook line and sinker.

I like the way Sonnen handled himself on TUF Brazil... he managed to get a good takedown on Wanderlei as well....

This really sucks that this bull shit caused Chael to retire. He's being smart and putting his health first. He really seems to be taking the fact that he will be a father soon very serious which shows that his priorities are in order.

I guess this was the smart thing to do since he is out of his prime and aside from the Shogun fight he is on a losing streak. And all of his recent losses are pretty significant. He got his ass whooped by Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, and Rashad Evans pretty bad.

This really sucks that this bull shit caused Chael to retire. He's being smart and putting his health first. He really seems to be taking the fact that he will be a father soon very serious which shows that his priorities are in order.

I guess this was the smart thing to do since he is out of his prime and aside from the Shogun fight he is on a losing streak. And all of his recent losses are pretty significant. He got his ass whooped by Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, and Rashad Evans pretty bad.

Most people do though.

The reason Dana backs him up because Dana knows that he was not on a PED. He was on an anti e to come off trt safely and a fertility drug to have kids. Now his wife is pregnant.
Also Dana loves to shit on the commission every chance he can. He is right to do so in this instance. The commission should have have come out with a clear protocol for the guys coming off trt.
People should not be surprised by Dana reacting the way he did. Chael is the future of the fox sports broadcasting team as well.

I agree with everything you stated above, and was trying to say that it is rare to see Dana take up for anyone, which means he must believe the commission is 100% wrong.

Most people do though.

This is true. I was just saying that Chael had plenty of chances to win the belt.... More chances than he deserved to be honest and he obviously can't compete at the highest level any more.

This is true. I was just saying that Chael had plenty of chances to win the belt.... More chances than he deserved to be honest and he obviously can't compete at the highest level any more.

Interestingly, he could have been seconds away from winning the LH belt. Even though he was getting his arse kicked by Jones, if he could have held on till the end of the round he would have won the belt by doctors stoppage. With Jones having his big toe hanging off.

Interestingly, he could have been seconds away from winning the LH belt. Even though he was getting his arse kicked by Jones, if he could have held on till the end of the round he would have won the belt by doctors stoppage. With Jones having his big toe hanging off.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I watched that fight, but the right guy definitely won the fight bc Chael wouldn't have defended the belt. I'm not a Jon Jones fan what so ever bc no champion in the past has ducked more opponents and hand picked their fights, but there's no denying that Jon Jones is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in the sport next to Fedor and Anderson Silva. He's still very young and hasn't even reached his peak yet. It's unfortunate that he's turned into a huge douche bag and has let fame go to his head in the worst way. He's an amazing fighter, but he'll never be a Randy Couture, a Chuck Liddell, or a GSP. He's so in love and stuck on himself its ridiculous.... Pathetic and comical even.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I watched that fight, but the right guy definitely won the fight bc Chael wouldn't have defended the belt. I'm not a Jon Jones fan what so ever bc no champion in the past has ducked more opponents and hand picked their fights, but there's no denying that Jon Jones is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in the sport next to Fedor and Anderson Silva. He's still very young and hasn't even reached his peak yet. It's unfortunate that he's turned into a huge douche bag and has let fame go to his head in the worst way. He's an amazing fighter, but he'll never be a Randy Couture, a Chuck Liddell, or a GSP. He's so in love and stuck on himself its ridiculous.... Pathetic and comical even.

yeah Jones hasn't peaked yet and he went through murderers row in the LH division technically unbeaten, if you don't count the DQ to Hamill. The only one that has given him trouble is gustafsson. But as he matures I think he's going to have trouble making weight, he'll have to move to heavyweight where he'll find it tougher.

Although I think Cormier might have a chance at stopping his run before then.

Last edited:

I think he'd beat all those guys even in their prime.

I think he'd beat all those guys even in their prime.

I didn't mean that he'll never be as good as Chuck, Randy, or GSP. I just meant that he'll never be the person that these guys are. Those guys are great ambassadors for the sport and Jon Jones is NOT. Talent is one thing, but having a shitty personality is another. Rhonda Rousey is another example of talent, but the worst personality and attitude in the sport today. I wish she would get beat 3-4 X's in a row and just fade away bc I'm tired of hearing her mouth and Dana White praising her like she's Anderson Silva. It's obvious that Dana kisses his biggest money makers asses the most and that's not how it should be. Every month he's talking about someone new being the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It was Anderson Silva for a while, then it was Frankie Edgar, the Jose Aldo, then Jenon Barou, and even Rhonda Rousey for a while. He's stuck up RR's ass so far its ridiculous. He obviously doesn't know the definition of best lb for lb fighter. No way in hell RR beats any UFC male fighters in any weight class so how can she be viewed as a lb for lb best fighter in the world? In female MMA yes she is the best in the world, but Dana didn't specify women's MMA. He said lb for lb period.

And all the idiots on the UG are crucifying him.

goddamn that board pisses me off sometimes...lol

bunch of 14 year old nut huggers that just love running their mouths.

I like Chael, he's articulate and seems passionate. And has a psychotic look about him. So, he's ok in my book. Lol

He has a place in the UFC, maybe as a commentator. But he's lying. Straight up lying. I understand, but he took shitty advice on his talking points. He needs an advisor.

Should have been, "I came off TRT and coming off TRT requires these drugs to remain healthy. I was trying to comply, and these were just the ending protocol. If they were also performance enhancing, my bad."

There is something seriously backward if the man is not allowed to take the necessary medications that will enable him to function as a human being after coming of trt. What a fukn joke, the man was not even 'about' to compete, and he was doing exactly what he should be doing to atleast try to bring about natural testosterone recovery.
WHAT would they prefer he enter the octagon with zero testosterone in his system!
SO their judgement is this:
Chael you must stop trt if you want to continue to compete in the ufc, but you cannot under any circumstances do the very thing you MUST do to regain atleast a portion of your own natural testosterone production!

I do understand they don't want him on hcg and clomid during the fight, or even a week before the fight, but long before the fight give me a fukn break!
On top of that hcg and clomid wont bring him up to a sustainable leve of testosterone a month after taking it to begin with... he'd be lucky to have walked into the fight with 50% a normal level..
they need to ask themselves - whos got the fighters best interest in mind!

The under 30-35 crowd of mma athletes that have been the anti-trt voice, stating its unfair for the use of LEGALtrt in the sport are going to have a painful awakening in a few short years when THEY too want to continue to compete with the up and coming younger athletes that have the exact same levels +/- insignifigant amount as an older athlete on trt.

TRT has allowed the older fighters to both remain in the sport on a competitive level, and in some cases continue to progress as they would have if they were still young. It allows an athlete an extended career, which is not an advantage if levels are kept within normal limits.

What they should have done is insisted on weekly or bi-weekly tests of all TRT users, to ensure they never go outside those limits. This would eliminate the complaint that they train/recover with high limits than a natural athlete.

So much complete ignorance, and I for one want to see Chael, Vitor, Dan, all compete until they choose not to. These guys are the reason most of us love the UFC.

To destroy Chaels career because some ignorant / arrogant group of individuals can't grasp the medical reality of his situation, and in the off season on top of it, is disgusting.

There is something seriously backward if the man is not allowed to take the necessary medications that will enable him to function as a human being after coming of trt. What a fukn joke, the man was not even 'about' to compete, and he was doing exactly what he should be doing to atleast try to bring about natural testosterone recovery.
WHAT would they prefer he enter the octagon with zero testosterone in his system!
SO their judgement is this:
Chael you must stop trt if you want to continue to compete in the ufc, but you cannot under any circumstances do the very thing you MUST do to regain atleast a portion of your own natural testosterone production!

I do understand they don't want him on hcg and clomid during the fight, or even a week before the fight, but long before the fight give me a fukn break!
On top of that hcg and clomid wont bring him up to a sustainable leve of testosterone a month after taking it to begin with... he'd be lucky to have walked into the fight with 50% a normal level..
they need to ask themselves - whos got the fighters best interest in mind!

The under 30-35 crowd of mma athletes that have been the anti-trt voice, stating its unfair for the use of LEGALtrt in the sport are going to have a painful awakening in a few short years when THEY too want to continue to compete with the up and coming younger athletes that have the exact same levels +/- insignifigant amount as an older athlete on trt.

TRT has allowed the older fighters to both remain in the sport on a competitive level, and in some cases continue to progress as they would have if they were still young. It allows an athlete an extended career, which is not an advantage if levels are kept within normal limits.

What they should have done is insisted on weekly or bi-weekly tests of all TRT users, to ensure they never go outside those limits. This would eliminate the complaint that they train/recover with high limits than a natural athlete.

So much complete ignorance, and I for one want to see Chael, Vitor, Dan, all compete until they choose not to. These guys are the reason most of us love the UFC.

To destroy Chaels career because some ignorant / arrogant group of individuals can't grasp the medical reality of his situation, and in the off season on top of it, is disgusting.

Solid post and I could not agree with you more. Most doctors don't know a damn thing about TRT and these are the doctors that the UFC chooses to use bc they want to see TRT go away. If they had a well known endo running the TRT program then none of this would have ever been a problem. It's sad really bc even though Chael was past his prime the man still wanted to compete and do what he loves for a living. No other fighter has stepped up on short notice as many times as Chael has and THIS is how they treat him and let him go out? The man is a company man through and through, but he got shit on bad in the end.

Now I see why so many fighters left the UFC saying bad things about the company. I.E.- Randy Couture. The guy is a legend and a UFC hall of fame fighter, but just like Chael he got shit on..... Bad. Now Tito and Rampage were a couple of whinny bitches and deserved what they got.

It's a sad day when following doctor's orders for benefitting health becomes frowned upon in sports.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws