over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Getting screwed by Mazda. advice?

bloodshed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with Mazda and their warranty right now. They are acting very childish and immature in regards to how they are treating this, and blatantly lying and twisting their warranty as to not honor it. I own a 2004 mazda RX-8 (worst mistake of my life) with 104k total miles on it. However, it had it's engine replaced about 6,000 miles ago on July 15th. On October 27th, the engine started throwing misfire codes, and it turned out I blew the apex seal on the front rotor. Due to the recent engine replacement, this engine is covered by the mazda replacement parts and accessories warranty
(MazdaUSA > MyMazda > Warranty). During the 6,000 miles since the engine was replaced, I have changed the oil twice, with the most recent being about 2500 miles ago. Mazda is trying to tell me that the oil is extremely low, and that voids the warranty. Well, first they told me it was short about 2 quarts, then the next day they told me nearly empty. All of this was determined by the dipstick, which I had checked before it was taken there and it was not nearly as low as they are trying to say. Regardless of that, not even a rotary should burn that much oil that quickly when daily driven, and if it did it is a defective part, which is indeed covered by the warranty.

Mazda also is trying to state that warranty only covers parts purchased, and not replaced via warranty. However the wording in the warranty is "Mazda's genuine new or remanufactured parts (other than battery) and accessories purchased from or installed by a Mazda dealer are covered under the Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty," with the key word being "or" which disproves their argument.

So far it is clear to me that I should indeed be covered, (If any of you can find any reason based on whats provided as to why they can legitimately say I am not, please tell me) so their tactic is to act like children.

The person at corporate in Irvine I spoke to is named Ernie. He states the cased is closed and has been denied by his district manager, based on the dipstick (which is not an accurate test in itself, but I also don't know how level the surface was, if they let the dipstick drip, if they wiped it, or if they drained any oil themselves). When I ask if I can speak to this manager, he tells me He can't transfer me. When I ask for a name, he tells me he can't give me that info. When I ask for the number so I can call, he tells me he can't give me that. When I ask to have the person call me, he says they don't call people. To me, this is extremely rude, and immature. For all I know, he never spoke to any managers, or this person doesn't even exist. Is this any way to treat a customer? And I'm shocked they have such low faith in their products. So far, I have reported this to the bureau of automotive repair. Does anybody else have any suggestions as to how I should proceed.

Thanks for your advice, and sorry if this is the wrong forum, it didn't seem to fit well in the counseling forum or the business and finance forum to me.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with Mazda and their warranty right now. They are acting very childish and immature in regards to how they are treating this, and blatantly lying and twisting their warranty as to not honor it. I own a 2004 mazda RX-8 (worst mistake of my life) with 104k total miles on it. However, it had it's engine replaced about 6,000 miles ago on July 15th. On October 27th, the engine started throwing misfire codes, and it turned out I blew the apex seal on the front rotor. Due to the recent engine replacement, this engine is covered by the mazda replacement parts and accessories warranty
(MazdaUSA > MyMazda > Warranty). During the 6,000 miles since the engine was replaced, I have changed the oil twice, with the most recent being about 2500 miles ago. Mazda is trying to tell me that the oil is extremely low, and that voids the warranty. Well, first they told me it was short about 2 quarts, then the next day they told me nearly empty. All of this was determined by the dipstick, which I had checked before it was taken there and it was not nearly as low as they are trying to say. Regardless of that, not even a rotary should burn that much oil that quickly when daily driven, and if it did it is a defective part, which is indeed covered by the warranty.

Mazda also is trying to state that warranty only covers parts purchased, and not replaced via warranty. However the wording in the warranty is "Mazda's genuine new or remanufactured parts (other than battery) and accessories purchased from or installed by a Mazda dealer are covered under the Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty," with the key word being "or" which disproves their argument.

So far it is clear to me that I should indeed be covered, (If any of you can find any reason based on whats provided as to why they can legitimately say I am not, please tell me) so their tactic is to act like children.

The person at corporate in Irvine I spoke to is named Ernie. He states the cased is closed and has been denied by his district manager, based on the dipstick (which is not an accurate test in itself, but I also don't know how level the surface was, if they let the dipstick drip, if they wiped it, or if they drained any oil themselves). When I ask if I can speak to this manager, he tells me He can't transfer me. When I ask for a name, he tells me he can't give me that info. When I ask for the number so I can call, he tells me he can't give me that. When I ask to have the person call me, he says they don't call people. To me, this is extremely rude, and immature. For all I know, he never spoke to any managers, or this person doesn't even exist. Is this any way to treat a customer? And I'm shocked they have such low faith in their products. So far, I have reported this to the bureau of automotive repair. Does anybody else have any suggestions as to how I should proceed.

Thanks for your advice, and sorry if this is the wrong forum, it didn't seem to fit well in the counseling forum or the business and finance forum to me.

You need to look into putting a LS1 corvette V8 motor in it.

check this out **broken link removed**

The RX8 is a great chassis, just too bad about its motor.

Sorry you have had so much trouble with your car, maybe lemon laws could help you, may want to check into that if you havent, good luck

Thanks. I couldn't come close to affording putting an ls1 in! all engine swaps start at about 10,000, regardless of the engine.

Thanks. I couldn't come close to affording putting an ls1 in! all engine swaps start at about 10,000, regardless of the engine.

You should maybe tell your story to a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing, hopefully you could sue Mazda. If your check oil light never came on then you cannot be responsible for the engine not having enough oil in it.

Doing a ls1 swap into a 68 camaro now. Could be done for under 4k.

But I'd recommend contacting a lawyer or two for a free consult to see what they think. Dunno if parking it across the street with a big sign saying they dont honor their warranties would be just as childish. Gd luck.

If they do this to a hundred people 99 of them will go away. Its up to you if you wanna lay down or be that 1 that fights for whats right. I would defiinitely send a letter adressing your concerns and asking for the repairs and then follow up with another letter asking for names of parties who are familiar with your case and mention that you will be needing them for depositions. Why was it burning so much oil if they just fixed it. 1800 lemonlaw ??

Well, the only thing they have to go on is the fact that they say your oil was low. Doesnt the car have a warning system for that? Maybe that has malfunctioned? Do you have all of your maintenance done at the Mazda dealership? If you have all your work done there and you have your oil changed at the intervals specified by the manual then I think you have some sort of case. Maybe something wasnt installed right? What did the dealer say?

Did you do any performance upgrades to it like chip it? I once chipped my new twin turbo Audi A6 and had all sorts of trouble. Now I dont mess with cars and leave them stock, I learned my lesson.

I deal with warranty companies regularly and if you brought the car in and it was low on oil they can void the warranty and you have no leg to stand on. They consider it the owners responsibility to make sure that they are not driving the vehicle in a way that could damage the parts on it. While the vehicle should not be consuming oil with an engine with only 6k miles on it, it is still your responsibility to make sure it is not low.

Who did the oil change on it last?

I deal with warranty companies regularly and if you brought the car in and it was low on oil they can void the warranty and you have no leg to stand on. They consider it the owners responsibility to make sure that they are not driving the vehicle in a way that could damage the parts on it. While the vehicle should not be consuming oil with an engine with only 6k miles on it, it is still your responsibility to make sure it is not low.

Who did the oil change on it last?

the current engine has about 6000 miles on it. I bought the car about 200 miles after the engine was replaced (from a dealership). After i had the car for less than 1000 miles, I changed the oil. After this, I checked the oil levels every other day and topped it off when ti was low. After another 3000 miles roughly, I changed the oil again. From this time to now (with about 2500 miles since the previous oil change) I have continued to check the oil every other day. i carry a quart of oil in a pocket in the engine bay at all times for when I top the oil off. I do not ignore the fact that it does burn oil. It is a rotary.

As for the oil warning systems, The oi pressure gauge is a dummy gauge. It does nothing. The oil light is always on, even after I get an oil change. same with the coolant light. the sensors are broken, and it is a known issue with early model rx8's. The oil was last changed at Lenny Dykstras, to which I have all paperwork.

Well, the only thing they have to go on is the fact that they say your oil was low. Doesnt the car have a warning system for that? Maybe that has malfunctioned? Do you have all of your maintenance done at the Mazda dealership? If you have all your work done there and you have your oil changed at the intervals specified by the manual then I think you have some sort of case. Maybe something wasnt installed right? What did the dealer say?

Did you do any performance upgrades to it like chip it? I once chipped my new twin turbo Audi A6 and had all sorts of trouble. Now I dont mess with cars and leave them stock, I learned my lesson.

The engine was installed by the dealership, so if it was done incorrectly that is their issue. I don't have my oil changes done at mazda, but where I do get htem done is reputable. I get my oil changed 700 miles sooner than the manual suggests. As for performance upgrades, just a catless midpipe (which i replaced with the cat before i brought it in, however this would not increase oil consumption in any way, I actually removed the cat because I know people whos engines blew due to clogged cats). I do have a cobb accessport, but I used it mainly for diagnostics, valet mode, and the anti theft mode when I park in suspect areas.

You should maybe tell your story to a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing, hopefully you could sue Mazda. If your check oil light never came on then you cannot be responsible for the engine not having enough oil in it.

The check oil light is always on, The oil sensor is broken, as in most rx8's. It was a known flaw. I have reported them to the bureau of automotive repair, and the BBB is next. If they don't change their mind, I WILL be filing a lawsuit.

I think the main thing you need to do is discover why the oil was so low. Maybe there is a leak somewhere? Perhaps there is something wrong in the engine to cause it to burn more than it should? It sounds like it was going through oil mighty fast, much faster than its supposed to?

Even my Audi A6 I have now burns some oil. Its an 8 cylinder and runs on full synthetic. The guys at Audi told me that the full synthetic burns up faster than regular oil and that its not unusually for me to need to add a couple of quarts every 5000 miles. Were you using the right kind of oil? Does it run on full synthetic? Maybe the weight of the oil was off?

U can retain a attorney pretty cheap as long as it doesnt go passed the "sending out letters stage" alot of the time it can get resolved when corp. receives a letter from your att. If that doesnt work then u and your att have to decide if u want it invest the money to persue it.

If 2500 miles later or so you have very low oil you MUST have a leak somewhere and check the oil when the car is completely COLD, as oil goes through(Dont know much about rotary crappy engines) but as far as regular ones go if the car is hot 30-60% will stay on the heads etc if you check it right there.

Just checked my cars a day or two ago when cold its at 80-95% when its hot and whipped off its around 40-50%

Big difference, check when its cold and if they did an oil change less than 5k miles it should of not eaten up all of that oil theres something wrong they installed a shitty leaking engine or somebody fucked up somewhere but this is total b.s. this is why i only go with domestic cars imports have always proved to me to be a piece of scrap metal.

I think the main thing you need to do is discover why the oil was so low. Maybe there is a leak somewhere? Perhaps there is something wrong in the engine to cause it to burn more than it should? It sounds like it was going through oil mighty fast, much faster than its supposed to?

Even my Audi A6 I have now burns some oil. Its an 8 cylinder and runs on full synthetic. The guys at Audi told me that the full synthetic burns up faster than regular oil and that its not unusually for me to need to add a couple of quarts every 5000 miles. Were you using the right kind of oil? Does it run on full synthetic? Maybe the weight of the oil was off?

Its a rotary, so unless I had a soehn adaptor synthetic is actually detrimental. I used castrol 5w20 as recommended. There was no oil leak, so that wasn't the issue. Rotaries are designed to burn oil, but this was way too much way too fast. It was definitely a defect in this particular engine if it did indeed burn over 2 quarts in 2500 miles. The warranty clearly states that a component that is defective in material or workmanship is covered. This sounds like a pretty good candidate to me.

U can retain a attorney pretty cheap as long as it doesnt go passed the "sending out letters stage" alot of the time it can get resolved when corp. receives a letter from your att. If that doesnt work then u and your att have to decide if u want it invest the money to persue it.

If they won't be honoring it, i will be suing. It will fall under small claims, since a remanufactured engine costs about 5500, and installation around 1000, which is under the 7500 small claims cap. I wouldn't actually require an attorney, however I have some friends with law backgrounds that are willing to help me as needed.

If 2500 miles later or so you have very low oil you MUST have a leak somewhere and check the oil when the car is completely COLD, as oil goes through(Dont know much about rotary crappy engines) but as far as regular ones go if the car is hot 30-60% will stay on the heads etc if you check it right there.

Just checked my cars a day or two ago when cold its at 80-95% when its hot and whipped off its around 40-50%

Big difference, check when its cold and if they did an oil change less than 5k miles it should of not eaten up all of that oil theres something wrong they installed a shitty leaking engine or somebody fucked up somewhere but this is total b.s. this is why i only go with domestic cars imports have always proved to me to be a piece of scrap metal.

When they checked, the engine hadn't been started in nearly a week. With a rotary, I expect in about 3k miles to burn about 1 quart of oil. For it to burn enough to actually blow the engine in 2.5 is extremely excessive, and the engine had to have a blatant fault.

Its a rotary, so unless I had a soehn adaptor synthetic is actually detrimental. I used castrol 5w20 as recommended. There was no oil leak, so that wasn't the issue. Rotaries are designed to burn oil, but this was way too much way too fast. It was definitely a defect in this particular engine if it did indeed burn over 2 quarts in 2500 miles. The warranty clearly states that a component that is defective in material or workmanship is covered. This sounds like a pretty good candidate to me.

I agree 100%. I guess its time to contact a lawyer. Youll have to decide if the cost of hiring the lawyer is going to be worth it. It sounds like the car has been nothing but trouble. I would consider getting rid of it and starting fresh, but thats going to be expensive too. THose lawyers can be just as bad though. I doubt you could win the case on your own. Could you do it in small claims court? I think the limit in most places is $5000. Is the bluebook worth more than that on your car with that kind of milage?

If they won't be honoring it, i will be suing. It will fall under small claims, since a remanufactured engine costs about 5500, and installation around 1000, which is under the 7500 small claims cap. I wouldn't actually require an attorney, however I have some friends with law backgrounds that are willing to help me as needed.

Good idea. Only problem would be, do you have transportation now while you wait for this to be resolved. its gonna take a long while.

My wife is an attorney. She sued BMW and won. The case was very similar to yours. You can win this.

My wife is an attorney. She sued BMW and won. The case was very similar to yours. You can win this.

How long did it take her to get the money from the time she filed the suit? Do you think he can manage this on his own with just some advice from friends that are lawyers?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws