over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Getting screwed by Mazda. advice?

Good luck Bloodshed, keep us up to date with this cause i'm curious of the outcome. I hope you rip their heads off.

If the RX-8 is the worst mistake you've ever made in your life......you're doing pretty good.

The problem with Mazda is they let Ford in on the action, most Mazda's are nothing but cheap ass Ford's.

You might wanna think otherwise but all my ford cars have been the best.

Its all about maintenance guys, I prefer Ford over Chevy also. Chevy only good car they made was the corvette cause of Aerodynamics and Weight, thats about it.

If the RX-8 is the worst mistake you've ever made in your life......you're doing pretty good.

Well, It may not be my worst, but it is the one I regret most.

So I have a 2004 rx-8 also... Same thing happened to my car... At around 24k miles... Mazda pulled the same shit with me.... I had to eventually pay out of pocket for the engine... I'm actually trying to sell the car right now... Any one interested???? Lol but seriously...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So I have a 2004 rx-8 also... Same thing happened to my car... At around 24k miles... Mazda pulled the same shit with me.... I had to eventually pay out of pocket for the engine... I'm actually trying to sell the car right now... Any one interested???? Lol but seriously...

I saw someone selling a turbo rx8 with a blown engine for only 2k...

By the way, at 24k how did mazda not cover it? it is covered by an 8 year, 100000 mile warranty.

By the way, at 24k how did mazda not cover it? it is covered by an 8 year, 100000 mile warranty.

Probably pulled the same shit that they did on you, about how the oil was low and it was all his fault. Make you wonder how widespread this problem might be.

I once owned an Acura TL that I leased back in 99. There ended up being a class action lawsuit against Honda over how the transmissions were all breaking down. My tranny blew out at about 35k miles and was replaced under warranty. Later on the lawsuit happened. A lawyer from Cal flew out to see me and recorded my testimony under oath. Honda lost in the suit. Honda ended up extending the warranty on the transmission to 100k miles and did a cheap fix to keep the transmissions from breaking down. THe problem was so bad that some people were on their 4th transmission from Honda. Yours would blow out and then they put the same new defective transmission into your car and it would blow. SOunds like Mazda has an action plan on how to treat owners of Rx8s that blow their engine.

Reminds me of what happend to me when I was younger and rented an apartment at school. They were actually condos owned individually and run by an association. It was furnished. When we moved in we were supposed to make note of everything that was wrong with the place and of course we didnt look very close. When we moved out they hit us with a long list of damages to furniture etc. One thing was a cigarette burn in the dinner table, and I remember that damn thing being there when we moved in. After it was all done my dad told me that they probably charge every student that rents that place for the same cigarette burn, you can get a lot of milage out of that one burn! I think he was right. Mazda is like that condo owner, they have worked out a system that works on the customers and just follow the same protocol with each complaint.

Last edited:
Probably pulled the same shit that they did on you, about how the oil was low and it was all his fault. Make you wonder how widespread this problem might be.

I once owned an Acura TL that I leased back in 99. There ended up being a class action lawsuit against Honda over how the transmissions were all breaking down. My tranny blew out at about 35k miles and was replaced under warranty. Later on the lawsuit happened. A lawyer from Cal flew out to see me and recorded my testimony under oath. Honda lost in the suit. Honda ended up extending the warranty on the transmission to 100k miles and did a cheap fix to keep the transmissions from breaking down. THe problem was so bad that some people were on their 4th transmission from Honda. Yours would blow out and then they put the same new defective transmission into your car and it would blow. SOunds like Mazda has an action plan on how to treat owners of Rx8s that blow their engine.

Reminds me of what happend to me when I was younger and rented an apartment at school. They were actually condos owned individually and run by an association. It was furnished. When we moved in we were supposed to make note of everything that was wrong with the place and of course we didnt look very close. When we moved out they hit us with a long list of damages to furniture etc. One thing was a cigarette burn in the dinner table, and I remember that damn thing being there when we moved in. After it was all done my dad told me that they probably charge every student that rents that place for the same cigarette burn, you can get a lot of milage out of that one burn! I think he was right. Mazda is like that condo owner, they have worked out a system that works on the customers and just follow the same protocol with each complaint.

This is most likely. They already had multiple recalls on the engines, especially the 4 ports for the automatics. This is why the warranty was extended from like 36k or 50k or however many miles to 100k. The manual transmissions in the series 1 rx8 are garbage as well. Mine grinds like crazy, but they did nothing about those. I cant even do a redline shift into 2nd when its warmed up with this tranny.

Update

today I just got a draft of the letter an attorney wrote for me that will be sent to mazda corporate, as well as the dealership i brought the car to, and the dealership that fixed the car. It looks very good. Im very excited to see how this plays out.

Best of luck to you bro.

Im surprised a Mazda Factory Rep never came out to inspect your car and determine the route cause of the engine failure. That is what they are there for, just like the Audi issue mentioned earlier. You should ask to speak with the Factory Rep that the service department communicates with at Mazda. That person should make periodic stops at that dealership. Remember, all the information Mazda recieved about your car was from the dealership. The dealership told them it was your fault and they decided not to honor the warranty. I would call and speak to another service manager/director at another Mazda dealership in the area. Get his advice and see if there is any additional information he can give you, especially see if he can contact the Mazda Rep for you. Service Managers love to cut throat each other. Remember, you get more fly's with honey while talking to the other dealer. talk about brand loyalty, if possible, etc,etc. Smooze em. Let them paint the picture about how bad the OTHER dealership is to the REP. Play the game BACK, just play it better.

Im surprised a Mazda Factory Rep never came out to inspect your car and determine the route cause of the engine failure. That is what they are there for, just like the Audi issue mentioned earlier. You should ask to speak with the Factory Rep that the service department communicates with at Mazda. That person should make periodic stops at that dealership. Remember, all the information Mazda recieved about your car was from the dealership. The dealership told them it was your fault and they decided not to honor the warranty. I would call and speak to another service manager/director at another Mazda dealership in the area. Get his advice and see if there is any additional information he can give you, especially see if he can contact the Mazda Rep for you. Service Managers love to cut throat each other. Remember, you get more fly's with honey while talking to the other dealer. talk about brand loyalty, if possible, etc,etc. Smooze em. Let them paint the picture about how bad the OTHER dealership is to the REP. Play the game BACK, just play it better.

Well, as of yesterday my lawyer had sent a letter of intent to the mazda dealership that repaired the car, the dealership we brought the car to, and corporate. he has given them up to a certain date to cooperate, or it is being filed in court. I'll update soon when I know how I am officially proceeding.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but the rotary engine has an oil injections system where it uses the engine oil to lubricate the apex seals. I'm not sure how the pickup for the oil injection system is set up, but I guess there could be a chance that once the oil gets too low, the injection system will no longer function correctly which is why they are trying to blame the low oil for the problem. I know the '04 RX8's had a recall because the oil injection system was set to not provide enough oil to keep the apex seals lubricated enough which was causing pre-mature engine failures. Many people add a good 2-stroke oil to make sure they get a long life out of their rotary. Bottom line, this is a very different engine than many are use to, you must check oil more often (which sounds like you were doing) because it is designed to consume a small amount of oil. Good luck, hope you get the issue resolved. By the way, could you just try a different dealer? I'm sure they would have records, but maybe you can find one that is more willing to help.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but the rotary engine has an oil injections system where it uses the engine oil to lubricate the apex seals. I'm not sure how the pickup for the oil injection system is set up, but I guess there could be a chance that once the oil gets too low, the injection system will no longer function correctly which is why they are trying to blame the low oil for the problem. I know the '04 RX8's had a recall because the oil injection system was set to not provide enough oil to keep the apex seals lubricated enough which was causing pre-mature engine failures. Many people add a good 2-stroke oil to make sure the get a long life out of their rotary. Bottom line, this is a very different engine than many are use to, you must check oil more often because it is designed to consume a small amount of oil. Good luck, hope you get the issue resolved. By the way, could you just try a different dealer? I'm sure they would have records, but maybe you can find one that is more willing to help.

I did diligently check the oil. the reason for the premature deaths of the engine was because it didn't release enough oil until the car was around 7k-9k rpm, and most people, especially the people with automatics, never redlined the car, so they never had enough oil released. I did also use the 2 stroke oil, but since it was not in the manual, and has caused some fuel pump failures which led to engine failures, i didn't mention it in case this was the case. I'm wondering though, was it possible that when the engine misfired, or lost compression, that the oil injection system also had some sort of failure and released too much oil into the engine, hence the low oil they claim? I just cant fathom how it went through such an extreme amount of oil so fast legitimately.

Yea, I saw that you stated you checked the oil every other day after I posted. I'm not exactly sure how the RX8 oil injection system is designed, but I can't imagine the misfire causing an issue with the oil injection system. More likely, the misfire was due to the loss of compression, or excess oil in the combustion chamber. If it did actually use that much oil in a day or two, then something went wrong with the injection system and it seems like it would be pretty obvious. More likely, the dealer is trying to pull a fast one. Seems like I've heard from people who use to work at dealers where they convince the customer that something is not covered under warranty so they pay for it, and then the dealer turns it in as warranty as well so they get paid twice. Don't quote me on that, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Last edited:
contact your congressman also, he/she will shoot fire up their ass too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131