over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - Glock 26 .40 caliper

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Going to get my Concealed Weapons Permit for FL and get a smaller pistol, i have a .357 mag., but it has a 6" barrel and is better suited for a house pistol. Reason for this is 1. there's a bunch of crack heads that have stolen about 15k in equipment from my farm 2. i'm usually there alone 3. Meth is showing up (even crazier junkies) 4. Sometimes i might have 5-10k cash on me (pay contracted labor in cash). I just want something that's easily concealed in my truck and i can get to in a hurry, and (God forbid) if i have to take someone down, i want them down.

I'm a long time hunter, but don't know much about pistols, any advice?

a Glock is perfect for your situation. i have a G19 9mm. it hasn't jammed in 3 years and i've easily put a several thousand rounds through it. plus they are nearly impervious to damage. ever notice that florida cops use them? thats because glock guarantees that after being completely submerged in water the gun will still fire at least one shot. as for keeping it in your truck you may not want to completely fill the mag when you leave it for long periods of time as the spring in the mags can wear down.

I have a Glock 23 (compact .40) and love it. The subcompact models (like the 26) are a little to small for me, prefer the compact models. I have a indoor range near me the rents guns which is great becuase the have just about every model. If you have one near you I would highly recommend shooting the gun first before purchasing if possible.

FYI, the 26 is a 9MM subcompact. Here is a link to all the models:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
yeah, it's the 27 i was looking at, not the 26. Thinking about the 30 (.45) also, like the firepower of the .45

Do yourself a favor and buy a Beretta 9mm. I've always believed if your going to own a pistol or rifle, you need to own what the military uses. This way you can always find ammo and parts if there is a lapse in national security. BTW: My personal fav is the Desert Eagle .44mag brushed chrome. My wife has standing orders to buy me this gun if she ever just wants to spend $1200.00 on a rainy day. I'm still waiting:)

if I were you, id go with a 45, can be subcompact 15+1 and more stopping power

I have a Glock 23 (compact .40) and love it. The subcompact models (like the 26) are a little to small for me, prefer the compact models. I have a indoor range near me the rents guns which is great becuase the have just about every model. If you have one near you I would highly recommend shooting the gun first before purchasing if possible.

FYI, the 26 is a 9MM subcompact. Here is a link to all the models:
**broken link removed**
Same here. I went with the 23. The 26 was like something for an ankle holser or purse and the 17 was just a giant. The 23 is juuuuust right! Not to mention, you can get a really sweat 357 sig conversion kit for it too. But the hi-vel rounds for the .40 are plenty more than I'd ever need - and then some.

no doubt glocks are reliable i just cant get over how damn ugly they are. i know, i know that shouldnt make a shit but if i drop 500+ on something i want it to be somewhat pretty :rolleyes: . check out the springfield armory xd sub compact series, great guns. dont forget to add a pierce grip extension, it doesnt add size or weight but makes the gun far more comfortable to shoot. JMO...

or even better, check out the springfield xdm9. badass. i little big for concealed carry but it has a 20 round capacity...thats a lot of crackheads.

a Glock is perfect for your situation. i have a G19 9mm. it hasn't jammed in 3 years and i've easily put a several thousand rounds through it. plus they are nearly impervious to damage. ever notice that florida cops use them? thats because glock guarantees that after being completely submerged in water the gun will still fire at least one shot. as for keeping it in your truck you may not want to completely fill the mag when you leave it for long periods of time as the spring in the mags can wear down.

Police use them over metal framed handguns like 1911's is for the fact that for the cost of one quality 1911 you can manufacture 5+ plastic Glocks for the same price........

im into hunting and shooting and always have been, my advice is get a pistol that fits your hand very well, dont bother with looks. The hottest plastic pieces out are the glock's, the springfield xd's, and the s&w M&p. The m&p comes in 9mm 40 and 357sig i believe. People are starting to really pick up on the M&P because of the changable backstraps which will allow any hand size to be comfortable with the gun. Keep in mind the smaller the gun ex subcompact vs compact will have more muzzle jump which you dont want for quick follow up shots. Ohh And make sure if you do feel threatened that you kill them, otherwise they are more likely to sue you when the heal up!

no doubt glocks are reliable i just cant get over how damn ugly they are. i know, i know that shouldnt make a shit but if i drop 500+ on something i want it to be somewhat pretty :rolleyes: . check out the springfield armory xd sub compact series, great guns. dont forget to add a pierce grip extension, it doesnt add size or weight but makes the gun far more comfortable to shoot. JMO...

A friend of mine has had some serious problems with his XD.... Not good pistols imo.

or even better, check out the springfield xdm9. badass. i little big for concealed carry but it has a 20 round capacity...thats a lot of crackheads.

LOL!

Yeah , if it doesn't jam or f up after the first shot.

im into hunting and shooting and always have been, my advice is get a pistol that fits your hand very well, dont bother with looks. The hottest plastic pieces out are the glock's, the springfield xd's, and the s&w M&p. The m&p comes in 9mm 40 and 357sig i believe. People are starting to really pick up on the M&P because of the changable backstraps which will allow any hand size to be comfortable with the gun. Keep in mind the smaller the gun ex subcompact vs compact will have more muzzle jump which you dont want for quick follow up shots. Ohh And make sure if you do feel threatened that you kill them, otherwise they are more likely to sue you when the heal up!

^^
Nice advice. Glocks feel like plastic bricks to my hands, and I don't like the kick they have do to how light they are.... I prefer a thinner grip metal framed pistol with a balanced frame to control kick.

Not saying Glocks are bad guns... They are reliable and easy to maintain.... But damn they are ugly!

judging from my experience xd's are very reliable. there will always be guns from every manufacturer that have issues. glocks have jammed in the past. ive seen it firsthand with two different guns, doesnt mean they are bad guns. it happens.

ive noticed people feel very strongly about their brand affiliations when it comes to firearms. like the preference between ford or chevy.

^^
Nice advice. Glocks feel like plastic bricks to my hands, and I don't like the kick they have do to how light they are.... I prefer a thinner grip metal framed pistol with a balanced frame to control kick.

Not saying Glocks are bad guns... They are reliable and easy to maintain.... But damn they are ugly!
I agree. Better to find one gun that is right for you than have 20 that are "pretty good". Yes glocks are ugly no doubt. Fortunately, looks are the absolute last thing... wait... scratch that... I don't care about looks at all. If I wanted something sexy, I would have got a Beretta 93r.

Attachments

• 300px-Beretta_93R.png
    300px-Beretta_93R.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 435
judging from my experience xd's are very reliable. there will always be guns from every manufacturer that have issues. glocks have jammed in the past. ive seen it firsthand with two different guns, doesnt mean they are bad guns. it happens.

ive noticed people feel very strongly about their brand affiliations when it comes to firearms. like the preference between ford or chevy.

My friends $1000+ Colt 1911's jam and is out-preformed by an off brand $200 1911 every time. So yeah, some guns are just f ups, while the majority of the same gun isn't.

Know someone else who bought a Kimber, and it's already jammed multiple times... For the price of a kimber it should have heat seeking capabilities.

Most guns can perform.... It just comes down to your personal preference and what you want out of the specific firearm.

Also, I like my guns with a safety switch if I'm going to carry.

Glocks

Well I have a Glock 23C (compensated), and a Glock 30 with a lasermax guide-rod laser(such a cool little toy!). They are both great guns no doubt, but I recently bought a Springfield XD sub-compact in .40 S&W and I have to say, I am very impressed by it. It is extremely smooth and comfortable to shoot, WAY lighter than the G30, and surprisingly accurate for a 3" barrel. The weapon is a great carry and provides all day comfort. Springfield also added a loaded chamber indicator (a little metal tab that pops up when a round is chambered) and a striker position indicator at the rear of the slide. No actual cross-trigger safety, but the added features contribute to an overall safer weapon to operate IMO.

Springfield XD....any one of their models

Since shooting those pistols, I am no longer a Glock fan. You get the best of both the Glock and 1911 in one weapon.

Last edited:
I have the .45 caliber Glock for concealed. I'v been using Glocks pretty much since they were made as I provided technical services to there corporate headquarters in the US and did a tradeout.

Another recommendation: Use Hollow Points for stopping power. You are looking to stop, not ventilate.:)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131