over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Great Rock Singers

I read recently that that Patton has the greatest vocal range of all living singers currently. I'll see if I can find link. I heard his opera singing. I've loved this dude since the old days of 120 minutes on MTV Sunday nights. They played Faith No More all the time back then.
I remember programming my vcr to tape 120mins.
I was mainly interested in taping anything from the cure, the cult, or the smiths. I also discovered echo and the bunny men and souixsie during this time.
Circa 1987 1988.

I remember programming my vcr to tape 120mins.
I was mainly interested in taping anything from the cure, the cult, or the smiths. I also discovered echo and the bunny men and souixsie during this time.
Circa 1987 1988.

120 mins....I was a kid. I was fascinated and into the music played by those artist like the Cure, Ministry, Smiths,...etc.

I read recently that that Patton has the greatest vocal range of all living singers currently. I'll see if I can find link. I heard his opera singing. I've loved this dude since the old days of 120 minutes on MTV Sunday nights. They played Faith No More all the time back then.

Patton also doses a shit ton of voice over work and vocal sound effects in movies and video games. He is one of the first to treat the voice like an instrument.

120 mins....I was a kid. I was fascinated and into the music played by those artist like the Cure, Ministry, Smiths,...etc.
Yeah. I was around 12yo about that time
I remember waking up on Monday morning and scanning the tape just to see which videos were aired.

Bruce Dickinson Iron Maiden
Ronnie James Dio of Dio/Black Sabbath
Roger Daltry The Who

Those are my traditional rock singers that jump out to me

Since I am a punk rocker my 2 favs in that arena are:
Keith Morris Circle Jerks/Black Flag
Joe Strummer The Clash
punk? wattie buchan.

Wow, someone said Anthony Kiedis! People can knock on RHCP all they want, Kiedis is an amazingly talented dude!

One I didn't mention earlier is Roger Waters, too.
RHCP were one of my first two obsessions with alt rock, them and Janes addiction. I was born in 1975 so these bands hit the scene at the perfect time as I was coming of age.

RHCP were one of my first two obsessions with alt rock, them and Janes addiction. I was born in 1975 so these bands hit the scene at the perfect time as I was coming of age.

'Under The Bridge' was my shit :LOL: Californication was my high school years, good times!

punk? wattie buchan.
Funny you bring him up. I love the Exploited. I am turning some of the younger kids at my gym on to old school punk. I hope this link works. We were doing farmer walks in the parking lot at the end of the workout and I had some Exploited on the playlist. The young gal doing the lifting had never heard of them before so she got introduced to Sex & Violence. She is on IG under Strength_Habit_
Erika Johnson | PT | Trainer on Instagram: “Farmer walks... great finishers to a back day workout. @jeffblairjb #farmerwalks #farmercarries #pullday #bestcalfworkout #liftheavy…”

Saw Ministry live in Atlantic City. So happy i got to see them. One of the best and most unique shows i've ever seen. Venue was pretty intimate. Other groups i've seen from the 120 Min. scene: Killing Joke, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, and The Cult. Of those the best one was probably Sisters Of Mercy (unexpected).

Off the top of my head...Rob Halford, Phil Anselmo, Ronnie James Dio. He might not have the acclaim of the others but I have always enjoyed Stephen Pearcy's vocals and also Don Dokken. For a very different sounding vocal style i also like Udo Dirkschneider and Pete Steele (RIP). Have to give props to Axl Rose as well in his younger days. Sebastian Bach, Geoff Tate, and King Diamond also deserve props for their ability to hit very high notes. So many others who stand out and have incredibly unique voices...Mike Patton, Tom Keifer, Bobby Blitz, Jon Oliva, and Bas from Killing Joke. When I was a kid i thought Bas had the most interesting voice i'd ever heard at the time.

My personal favorite voices ever probably have to be Halford and Phil though. I'm not a musician so i can't speak to the technical prowess of these vocalists.

Also, what about the ladies? Annie Lennox would be pretty close at the top for me.
Great choices. My two top favorites are Rob Halford and Ronnie James Dio.

Rob in Judas Priest back in the 70s was stunning. Such a vocal range.

Reactions: Bio
Wow, someone said Anthony Kiedis! People can knock on RHCP all they want, Kiedis is an amazingly talented dude!

One I didn't mention earlier is Roger Waters, too.

kiedis is talented yes... a good 'live' singer, no.
i do agree RHCP have put out some very memorable records... capturing that whole southern california time period of the late 80s, early 90s.. at least when they went global.
understood theyve been around since mid80s or so.

Saw Ministry live in Atlantic City. So happy i got to see them. One of the best and most unique shows i've ever seen. Venue was pretty intimate. Other groups i've seen from the 120 Min. scene: Killing Joke, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, and The Cult. Of those the best one was probably Sisters Of Mercy (unexpected).
re: the cult

yeah... i've found ian asbury is not such a good singer outside of the studio.
disappointing..
i remember being a 13yo middle schooler, and i used to do odd jobs so i could buy all their albums to date.
circa 1987
i was a huge cure, cult, and smiths fan.. something about living in san diego and the huge influence of 91x at the time.
punk was also big in the area too.. you really had it all.
'new wave', punk, reggae, yacht rock.. everything...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws