over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT gun question

cthompson

Registered
Ive been looking into getting a 300 rum and been looking at the Remington sendero. Price is about 1200$ to 1600$ for the gun new. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the sendero. Is it worth the money? Thanks guys

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If you dont mind the extra weight, the Sendero is a one of the best looking Remingtons out there. It is a great rifle overall just a little too heavy. I wont question your choice of caliber unless you are planning to bring down really big game, i would choose a 270wsm or even 7wsm so you get the benefit of a short action and will bring down pretty much most games in north america.

Basically want one for the long distance flat shooting capabilities. Oh and I don't have one :) I live in Wyoming so lots of chances for a longer shot. I have 7mm rem mag and a 338 win mag I use now.

Basically want one for the long distance flat shooting capabilities. Oh and I don't have one :) I live in Wyoming so lots of chances for a longer shot. I have 7mm rem mag and a 338 win mag I use now.

Invest in reloading equiptment

Shooting a 180gr Berger bullet out of that 7 mag balisticly can kiil deer out to a mile !!

The 300 RUM is a useless round for the most part , doesnt add enough energy or buck the wind that much better than a good old 300 win mag to make up for the recoil , muzzle blast cost of ammo and dramaticly shortend barrel life.

What are the make and model of the two rifles you have now?

for $1200 you can build on one of them and end up with a superior weapon , their is so much more to shooting long range that sheer horse power , i can shoot to 1200 meter with my 308!! their are several better choices for long range than the RUM's

Id much rather have a 300 win that can shoot 1/2 MOA at 700yds than a 300 RUM than can oly shoot 1.5 MOA at that range , plain and simple you cant miss them fast enough to kill them.

Let me know what the two you have now are and see what you can get from their

My 7mm is a savage model 110. This is basically my first big game rifle I got when I was 13. Its starting to lose accuracy which im thinking time for a new barrel. My 338 win mag is a Remington xcr 700. Its around 5 or 6 years old. Its a pretty nice gun.

My 7mm is a savage model 110. This is basically my first big game rifle I got when I was 13. Its starting to lose accuracy which im thinking time for a new barrel. My 338 win mag is a Remington xcr 700. Its around 5 or 6 years old. Its a pretty nice gun.

Either one of those is a good cantidate for a rebuild

If it were me I'd buy a quality prefit barrel for the savage chambered in 7mm rem mag , 28" long with a 1-9 twist , buy a good stock from Kevin Rayhill and your gun is good to go for about $700 , spend the remainder of a reloading setup , the 162g Hornady A-max kills deer size game like lightening out to 1000yds , shoots very flat and kicks about half as hard as the RUM.

Thank u very much. Is there any brand of barrel u prefer?

Weatherby .257 mag. Check out those ballistics!!!

I run a 25x300win mag which is a step faster than the 257Wby , and while it is a flat ass shooting round out to about 500yds the 25 cal bullets run out out gas quick , nobody realy makes a decient hunting bullet for the quarter bore and in the long range game ballistic coefficient is what's counts in bucking the wind and holding energy on target , this is why shooting a 115gr ballistic tip out of the 257 Wby at 3300 fps beats shooting a 75g at 4100fps , at 500yds and in the light pill wins but it drops speed and energy fast so it peters out.

the 50 BMG is the renouned long range hammer , it's velocity with a 750g slug is only 2650fps about the same as the poor little 308 but the bullet has a BC of 1.1 where the 308 is .502

I you want realy flat shooting neck a 408 chytac case down to 338 and Ackly improve it , shoot a 285g Henson bullet with a BC of 1.2 out at 3400 fps , you can cleanly take deer to 2500yds but your talking a $12,000 rig once you put decient glass on it

I run a 25x300win mag which is a step faster than the 257Wby , and while it is a flat ass shooting round out to about 500yds the 25 cal bullets run out out gas quick , nobody realy makes a decient hunting bullet for the quarter bore and in the long range game ballistic coefficient is what's counts in bucking the wind and holding energy on target , this is why shooting a 115gr ballistic tip out of the 257 Wby at 3300 fps beats shooting a 75g at 4100fps , at 500yds and in the light pill wins but it drops speed and energy fast so it peters out.

the 50 BMG is the renouned long range hammer , it's velocity with a 750g slug is only 2650fps about the same as the poor little 308 but the bullet has a BC of 1.1 where the 308 is .502

I you want realy flat shooting neck a 408 chytac case down to 338 and Ackly improve it , shoot a 285g Henson bullet with a BC of 1.2 out at 3400 fps , you can cleanly take deer to 2500yds but your talking a $12,000 rig once you put decient glass on it

Ya used to have a 25-06. Was pretty decent on antelope but I ended up using it mostly on dogs. Very good coyote gun. Never really was a big fan of 25's on deer and elk or bigger

Just sold my Rem model 700 300 ultra mag didnt care for it I am swithing to 6.5x284 I think its alot better caliber for long distace with out the recoil

I think Gunsmith has convinced me to not get the 300 ultra and rebuild my 7mm into a better rifle.

Just sold my Rem model 700 300 ultra mag didnt care for it I am swithing to 6.5x284 I think its alot better caliber for long distace with out the recoil

The 6.5x284 is a great round , just make sure you build it on a long action because in order to get all the good out of that case to need to seat the bullet out kinda far and even the custom factory loaded stuff won't fit into a short action magazine.
I shot a 260 Rem for a long time and made my first long range kill on big game with it on a doe at 988 yds with a 140g Berger VLD , just a step under the 284 based round but still plenty to get way out , alot of guys are running this round in sniper matches and are able to hang with the guys getting beat up by 300 mags.

I pretty much shoot a 308 or 300 win mag when hunting , the 30 cal just has a soft spot in my heart and I don't mind dialing in yardage and windage so realy flat trajectory doesn't bother me a whole lot and if I know a target is gonna be way out or the conditions suck I'll break out the 338 Lapua or and old sweet heart 30x338Lapua improved that shoots 240g match kings way the fuck out their

Not to hijack, but gunny what's ur opinion on a sako Trg-42 in 338 lapua? If buying that caliber would you drop $ on the sako or go the custom route?

The meat department of my grocery store is about 1,200 meters away. I use a Nissan mini-van. V6.

And I just bought a Kriss Vector for bad guys. I figure from 12 feet out I'm golden.

I love gun threads.

Not to hijack, but gunny what's ur opinion on a sako Trg-42 in 338 lapua? If buying that caliber would you drop $ on the sako or go the custom route?

It's a great weapon , very accurate and feels good when shooting
BUT
if you plan to reach way out with it the barrel only comes with a 1-12 twist which won't reliably stabilize the 300g bullets.

if it were me I'd save a little extra and buy the Accuracy International , wich is a fantastic weapon , replace the standard stock skins with some from Viper skins which converts it from a thumb hole to a pistol grip

or build one , Jerry Stiller makes a great action for this round that is a Rem 700 clone just a little bigger , a Brux barrel and a Manners stock would be a cheaper way to go or a Surgeon 338 action and a Bartlein or Kreiger barrel and Manners stock if you had to say to had High end stuff

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131