over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Haven't been feeling well for a while

SemiIntense

Registered
I was on disability for some time due to post-traumatic stress (pretty severe), due to that I still have my government issued insurance which leaves a lot to be desired so .... I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for some tests and want to see if I can at least narrow things down a bit. I've had basic blood work/thyroid tests done and that all comes back normal.

It's been a gradual 3-4 years I'd say that I just have been having all kinds of issues (some minor, some bigger).

- Fatigue, lots of it. I spend most of my free time lying down, I just feel exhausted.
- Really sensitive to cold (I used to love it)
- Getting up in the morning takes a huge effort.... doesn't matter if I slept 5 or 11 hours, I feel like garbage.
- Erection issues. I still crave sex, and about half of the time can have it, but a lot of times I do experience ED or weak erections.
- IBS like symptoms. No need to go into detail here, I just usually feel like I need to go but can't. Then later I'll get the runs.
- Almost daily headaches (this is more recent, past year)
- I'm never over 13-14% body-fat and do cardio year round, yet I breathe like an obese person. I get so winded just taking out the trash or even tying my shoes. I'm always yawning but it's just to try and get more air in. If you've ever seen a Jay Cutler interview where he looks like he's about to die just from talking, that's me.

Those are the bigger issues that worry me the most, I have all kinds of minor ones. My doc is convinced that this was all a result of my ptsd and the depression/anxiety that can go with it.... to some extent I agree but I feel there's more to it.

It's gotten to the point where a lot of people tell me I "look like I just got out of bed", and that's really how I feel like I'm just dragging through the day, It's tough to explain but the best way I would Imagine it (I don't drink) is if you went on a crazy weekend bender and had to go to work totally hungover.

For what it's worth, my bodybuilding hasn't suffered at all really. I'd also like to add that I've been off all AAS/Peptides/Everything for the past 5 years as I don't want to mess with anything at the moment, I'm living a very "clean" lifestyle and taking lots of vitamins, fish oils, digestive enzymes, natural heart and cardiovascular supplements etc.

Any input? Thyroid came back normal which was one of my guesses, maybe low test, maybe a heart issue. I don't want to turn into a hypochondriac but there is something wrong.

Sleep Apnea test is one which I'm looking to get.

On Anti-Depressants and Benzos as needed. I've never felt anything, positive or negative, from any anti-depressant though... I may as well be taking sugar pills. I keep the benzos to very limited use. Obviously when I'm on those I do feel drowsy but it's a very different feeling.... it's an "I feel like taking a nap" feeling vs my usual "I feel like death, allergies are killing me, my stomach is all messed up, I desperately need to lie down and am breathing like I just ran a marathon" feeling.

on average how much of the day would you say you are thinking about these problems your having and how much of the day do you spend just living (not to sound cliché)

I probably spend the majority of the day thinking about them. At work I'll focus on my tasks but all of a sudden I really need to go to the restroom at a not-so-good time, or I get out of my chair to go do something and get very light-headed, then when I come back I'm all winded. So all this stuff is going on throughout the day, plus the fact that I'm exhausted, and my mind does focus on it quite a bit.

I'm actually pretty relaxed right now, but I do have a throbbing headache, I just umm... had a bathroom emergency to put it lightly, and last night I couldn't "perform", I was turned on but nothing was happening. So yeah even now all that is on my mind because it does upset me, I'm only 31 and I feel like I have the quality of life of 91.

And adding to the above, just 10 years ago or so none of these things were an issue except for the heavy breathing. I'd always have people asking if I was ok because I was breathing so heavily after just a short walk etc. but aside from that I'd sleep great, had no problem getting up, never needed a nap, never had ED, no stomach issues etc.

I was always a pretty healthy kid growing up. I was a bit underweight but nothing severe, I was just a pretty scrawny kid.

Last edited:
I really don't have anything to say, aside from, I give you my best wishes and hopefully you find a great doctor who can help you sort these things out.

Try to stay positive and and every day sit back and reflect on one good thing that happened. It could as simple as you had a delicious apple or have a roof over your head. But the more you think about the negative, the more it will infiltrate your life... stay positive brother

SemiIntense, hopefully I can make some useful suggestions here. I know nothing of PTSD, so I will limit my comments to your other symptoms, as you also feel "there is more to it". When you say your thyroid test came back normal, did you have a complete thyroid panel done? If so, what were your TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 values? Also, Xpac2 made a good point about sleep apnea. You need to find a Pulmonologist in your area who does Sleep Studies, which diagnose the cause of sleep troubles. He will also do a PFT (pulmonary function test) to get an idea of what is causing your breathing issues. For the IBS I would start on a good quality acidophilus 2x day, Metagenics makes the best IMHO. Also, look up Immuno Labs and arrange for their Bloodprint 154 blood test. This will identify all food allergies which could be contributing to your IBS and not feeling well. I would immediately eliminate all Gluten from you diet just for 2 weeks, and see if the IBS improves. Lastly, if you want to go to a medical center that specializes in comprehensive medical care that can figure out how all of your symptoms are interrelated and eliminate the cause(s), PM me for the info. All the best.

Thanks for the info. I do think most of my stomach issues are IBS related. and they are aggravated by my PTSD as I tend to get anxiety attacks which make my stomach even more uneasy.
The labored breathing/fatigue is what always worried me the most.... the fact that I also have some erectile issues made me worried about heart disease.

I've got an appointment in 3 weeks, I'm going to try to push for some of these tests even if I have to pay out of pocket.

I need to look at my thyroid results too because I just got the generic "everything is fine" response but the doc never let me have a look at the results since "everything is fine" can be a bit subjective.

BLOODWORK!

Cortisol and full thyroid panel to begin (make sure thyroid panel has RT3)

Brother, I don't know how hard it would be for you to quit Anti-depressants and benzos but I recommend do just that if you are strong enough. Who knows, maybe time already cured your PTSD and those meds throw everything off balance. Time treats every emotional pain it just needs - well, time.

Also, think about WW2. Guys that came back were not diagnosed with PTSD because it wasn't on the books then. They were fine. I believe that Big Pharma and FDA is pushing shit in peoples throat just because it is profitable.

I don't have PTSD, but I had panic attacks and anxiety that was brought on by excessive drug abuse. I was abusing Meth and XTC. At the end of my drug use I was also addicted to oxy's and benzo's because I would need them in case I was freaking out on Meth. My neurotransmitters were all fucked up. I couldn't function properly without drugs. Thanks to God that steered me towards bodybuilding. After I quit rec's It took me about 6 months to feel just OK, then after another 6 months I felt "happy" feeling again. Now I will not touch this shit with a 10 foot pole.

But back to you - I am pretty sure that your neurotransmitters are out of balance. And this shit -benzo on a as needed basis is pure shit. Look up online, google, wiki on how benzo changes your brain chemistry and it takes years to feel normal again. I am clean from this shit for over 8 years now and to this very day I have some bad days. They are not often but couple times a year I gat this where I feel tired for a day or 2 and then anxiety might creep in a little bit but I ride it out. It used to be a lot worse.

Talk to your doctor about quitting all meds. Otherwise you will always feel that yo yo effect. Remember we are all different and what worked for 10000 people might not work for you. Those meds might be causing your symptoms. Who knows, maybe you will feel better without them. It might take 6 moths or so but it will be better in a long run.

God Bless,

TT

I wish I had an answer for you man. I dont.
I can tell you I have chronic depression and it sounds like you do too. However, there is no mistake something physical is wrong with you as well.

I have sleep apnea and a few of your symptoms sound like sleep apnea. Once that was fixed for me, I felt less tired and more energetic.

BTW... Your 'anti-depression' pills could also be the cause of your ED. I would stop taking that one. It fucks you up in many ways and usually doesnt do shit for your depression. I would keep the benzos for now, to keep panic attacks under control, until you find out what's wrong.
I wish you all the best and I sincerely hope you get to the bottom of whatever is wrong. It could be several different things, so dont stop asking questions and demanding answers until you get them.
good luck

How much do you weight and what is your Height?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws