advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Having the Right Perspective: I am HUMBLED...

"God, sorry for being so short-sighted with my problems. Your grace in my life is actually overwhelming, sorry for taking it for granted. I actually have an AMAZING life for some reason, help me to always remain thankful."

Being thankful gives us a differnt viewpoint to see the world from. This is a "positive" viewpoint, and that in turn makes each little hardship and trial seem like nothing as it rolls off our back easily and problems become nothing to us.

My life changed dramatically when I learned to be grateful & thankful for everything that comes my way.

:headbang:

No one can be a passenger in my car unless a seatbelt is worn. Statistics show that surviving a crash when a seatbelt is worn is about ninety percent. Our New Year resolution should be to make sure all of our loved ones are buckled in.

Ditto here. You really do have a job that is tough to cope with mentally. Most people could not handle it. I have a newfound respect for paramedics after they saved my ass when I had my arrythmia. They used the defib on my to get my heart going in rhythm again. If it werent for them id be dead right now. Nurses, paramedics, and docs are some of the hardest working people that I know. I hope the boy is ok.

x3. My wife deals with that stuff and I know I couldnt handle it.

Thanks for the reminder to always be thankful for what we have. It's so easy to get caught up in issues that seem important at the time, but really are inconsequential when you look at the big picture.

I fill for you, I know how u fill, I just got hit with a 475.00 vet bill. life go's on just push on you will be ok.

Life is bitch sometimes, no doubt. Speaking of putting things in prospective... I'll trade that with you any day... I got hit with >$21,000 worth of vet bills (for ONE incident/problem) between Oct '09 and July '10. I'm still paying off debt and will be doing so for at least another year... talk about sucking big dick... but every time I start to get frustrated, I stop and tell myself:

BUT MY PET THAT IS MORE PRECIOUS TO ME THAN LIFE IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! :)

Yes, I understand where you are coming from man. I have been interning at a hospital for the past 3 months and I have seen some crazy shit. It definitely will humble you and put things into perspective. Over the past 3 months I felt like I matured a great deal just from experience. Just when you think you have a bad day, some one else is rushed in that has serious life threatening problems. There are people that have nothing that are happier than those who have everything. It made me stop complaining about little things real quick.

I've had my perspective on life changed a lot in the past. Its easy to get wrapped up int eh stupid things that really don't matter. Most of the people on this forum have great bodies that are in great health. some people would give their every possession to simply have a healthy body, let alone one that is fit and in good shape.

Great way to put you into perspective, but very unfortunate. I teared up when I read about the infant. My life was put into perspective close to five years ago. I was a professional baseball player (minor leagues) and was living it up. Lifting and staying in shape, getting ready for spring training. I was squatting 400+ for reps and ran a 6.7 60 yd dash, 5'8 215lbs, nothing could stop me. Then I was shot one night after a party, drunk out of my mind. Well, I went from squatting 400+ for reps to not being able to stand up to take a piss on my own. Getting out of bed, a 2-3 second thing now took me 5 minutes. I thanked God every day that I woke up after that for giving me another chance at life and still do to this day.

I see people at my work that inspire me. A 7 year old boy, who was born with his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. All he does is smile and laugh, he can not stand up as his legs did not develop the muscles to support his weight, but he is the happiest kid I've ever seen.

Thanks guys...

Sorry, been in the "Christmas rush"... I always try to respond to at least the majority of posts, something I learned from JT... if someone is willing/kind enough to post, I should be too...

We all take time to thank military, etc. but seldom take time to thank people like Myosin that dedicate their lives to a job that is harder than can be imagined at times.

I too, needed that! I had a stroke of bad luck this month with a hot water heater blowing up and water damage in my basement... Small problems in comparison to the toddler you took care of!

Thanks again bro!

P.S. I would still be pissed about my cars getting towed!

Thanks Em, appreciate that from a fellow RN who can empathize... you are always a very positive guy in your posts full of encouragement and a teachable heart, glad you're here.

Wow, bro. Thanks!!! I work in the med filed but not ER. That's some rough shit you're doing. Glad you're able to see with new eyes. Yesterday I was feeling shitty but today a little better, well a lot better now that I read this.

quiet often we all get a littrle out of touch with things that realy matter and it seems that "our world is unfair" to us and that our problems are so bad

then we get a nice "bitch slapping" like this to put our priorities and prespectives back in place.

I hate that you had to deal with that , dealing with children is car accidents or domestic violence cases is a main reason i got out of law enforcement full time.

Yeah, it's a "good" kind of pain being put in place like that... I hear you GS, actually it's been slowly getting harder and harder for me, I sometimes have a short 1-2 minute "mini-panic" attack the night before working thinking about the kids I'll have to see... as I walk from the parking garage to the hospital I simply pray the whole way to have strength for the day and to be a great nurse in their lives.

Thanks for posting this....I have been whining about scratching a car while parallel parking...I fee like such a dumb shit now.....you are 100% correct...we should all count our blessings...it's just so easy to get caught up in this me me me society...

haha, I hear you man, for sure :D... hey John, you are blessing here man, despite the "me, me" society, you have really given a lot to a lot of people and myself, thanks man, press on

Everyday I am greatful for what I have. Most importantly the health and happiness of my daughter.
When she was 6 months old she spent some time in the ER and ICU of Boston Children's Hospital and during that time while I lamented her state, I thanked goodness that she was not worse off. There were many children who were...

Yes, I remember reading about how bad your daughters eczema was to the point of putting gloves on at night and staying up all night with her trying to prevent all her scratching... I'm encouraged you had that kind of attitude in the hospital HM, seriously, there are times some parents who have a "less sick" child right next to another kid on a bypass machine who can't see anything past their own noses.

"God, sorry for being so short-sighted with my problems. Your grace in my life is actually overwhelming, sorry for taking it for granted. I actually have an AMAZING life for some reason, help me to always remain thankful."

Being thankful gives us a differnt viewpoint to see the world from. This is a "positive" viewpoint, and that in turn makes each little hardship and trial seem like nothing as it rolls off our back easily and problems become nothing to us.

My life changed dramatically when I learned to be grateful & thankful for everything that comes my way.

:headbang:

Cool, good for you AD, I liked hearing the part in bold, I can imagine how much more enjoyable life became

Thanks for the reminder to always be thankful for what we have. It's so easy to get caught up in issues that seem important at the time, but really are inconsequential when you look at the big picture.

YES- too bad we can never see past the moment we are in... the big picture is a VERY good way to look at things

Life is bitch sometimes, no doubt. Speaking of putting things in prospective... I'll trade that with you any day... I got hit with >$21,000 worth of vet bills (for ONE incident/problem) between Oct '09 and July '10. I'm still paying off debt and will be doing so for at least another year... talk about sucking big dick... but every time I start to get frustrated, I stop and tell myself:

BUT MY PET THAT IS MORE PRECIOUS TO ME THAN LIFE IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! :)

HAHHAHAHAHAHA... OK, I know this wasn't the point of your post RR, but really, the more I read your posts, the more you just CRACK ME UP (I mean that in a good way) :D Glad you are able to stop and "correct/remind" yourself

Great way to put you into perspective, but very unfortunate. I teared up when I read about the infant. My life was put into perspective close to five years ago. I was a professional baseball player (minor leagues) and was living it up. Lifting and staying in shape, getting ready for spring training. I was squatting 400+ for reps and ran a 6.7 60 yd dash, 5'8 215lbs, nothing could stop me. Then I was shot one night after a party, drunk out of my mind. Well, I went from squatting 400+ for reps to not being able to stand up to take a piss on my own. Getting out of bed, a 2-3 second thing now took me 5 minutes. I thanked God every day that I woke up after that for giving me another chance at life and still do to this day.

I see people at my work that inspire me. A 7 year old boy, who was born with his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. All he does is smile and laugh, he can not stand up as his legs did not develop the muscles to support his weight, but he is the happiest kid I've ever seen.

WOW! Crazy story man... good on you for rising above adversity! While I don't wish it upon anyone of course, but when one suffers and becomes a victor, they can serve a HUGE encouragement to those currently suffering.

Thanks to everyone else... I'm really impressed with this board... so many HARD-CORE "meat-heads" BUT that are also wanting to GROW as a "person" as well... RESPECT

Great thread Myosin. Sometimes we take life for granted. I sometimes get grumpy and shitty at times but things like that really does make us humble.

Accountability- My idiocy...

Well, after reflecting more, I realize just how much more of an idiot I am for being so upset... I said not having a sticker was "no fault" of my own... well, as I thought through it more I realized, "Um, you know, MORE people had a sticker than those who didn't have a sticker... like, ALOT more... so maybe YOU weren't paying close enough attention... idiot!" hahahaha

If I screw up, I want to "own it"... not pass over it :D

Good post Myosin.The other day a friend of mine had something happen that will affect his family for the rest of their lives.I came home from the hospital and logged on here and starting reading posts about work out splits,this supplement,genetics,some guy telling the board he was so much bigger than everyone else etc...
I just clicked the red X in the top right corner and put my head in my hands and lost it for a moment.I had realized how much bigger life is than the little meaningless crap we get caught up in and obsess over day in and day out.

BUMP!

This morning, I walked outside to find both of my car's were towed. I still say to no fault of my own. Our condo association switched to new stickers and for the life of me NEVER saw a notice to come get them... as well as a few others as their's were towed last night as well. I was on my way to work and in a short while, my Wife would be taking our daughter to school (there is no school bus). Long story short, I was LIVID... I am a fairly calm and cool guy I think, but I was FUMING. I started getting upset about everything. Long story short, after getting both cars back... $350 (and of course right before Christmas). My work was very understanding and put me "on call" once I got my cars so I didn't have to come in right away.

At home, I'm still fuming, feeling sorry for myself, working the budget out in my head and how much this is going to hurt... how I want to take the association to small claims court and sue them, but it's soley my word against theirs.

Then, I get a call from work, we are getting a trauma coming in and I would have that patient... a short time after I get to work the patient comes up from the ER... toddler, intubated (breathing tube) who was in a car accident with the Dad who died at the scene (and of course right before Christmas). Put my problems in perspective right away.

I thought bumping this up would be a good idea. I could not agree more with your viewpoint. I once had a very serious relationship with a girl who had cystic fibrosis. She was the most upbeat, positive thinking person I ever met, inspite of having to deal with an illness that would greatly limit her life span and that required daily intense therapy and frequent hospital stays.

After that, whenever I felt sorry for myself, I think of her and COUNT MY BLESSINGS!!

I am so greatful to God for having brought her into my life. She died young but touched so many people during the time she was here.

Thanks again for your post,

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws