YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Having the Right Perspective: I am HUMBLED...

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
This morning, I walked outside to find both of my car's were towed. I still say to no fault of my own. Our condo association switched to new stickers and for the life of me NEVER saw a notice to come get them... as well as a few others as their's were towed last night as well. I was on my way to work and in a short while, my Wife would be taking our daughter to school (there is no school bus). Long story short, I was LIVID... I am a fairly calm and cool guy I think, but I was FUMING. I started getting upset about everything. Long story short, after getting both cars back... $350 (and of course right before Christmas). My work was very understanding and put me "on call" once I got my cars so I didn't have to come in right away.

At home, I'm still fuming, feeling sorry for myself, working the budget out in my head and how much this is going to hurt... how I want to take the association to small claims court and sue them, but it's soley my word against theirs.

Then, I get a call from work, we are getting a trauma coming in and I would have that patient... a short time after I get to work the patient comes up from the ER... toddler, intubated (breathing tube) who was in a car accident with the Dad who died at the scene (and of course right before Christmas). Put my problems in perspective right away.

"God, sorry for being so short-sighted with my problems. Your grace in my life is actually overwhelming, sorry for taking it for granted. I actually have an AMAZING life for some reason, help me to always remain thankful."

At any given second, life can teach us a profound lesson! The best part of all, is the fact that you learned the lesson!!

wow life is weird like that some time you just got to laugh it off when shit hits the fan!!!

So Sad

Wow Myosin- I am humbled by the work you do- I could not handle it.

I hope the little guy is doing ok, along with family of "Dad"- and I thought I had tough work.

You are a strong man.

I hope the little guy is doing ok, along with family of "Dad"- and I thought I had tough work.

You are a strong man.

Ditto here. You really do have a job that is tough to cope with mentally. Most people could not handle it. I have a newfound respect for paramedics after they saved my ass when I had my arrythmia. They used the defib on my to get my heart going in rhythm again. If it werent for them id be dead right now. Nurses, paramedics, and docs are some of the hardest working people that I know. I hope the boy is ok.

Thanks...

wow life is weird like that some time you just got to laugh it off when shit hits the fan!!!

Yes, very true... like I said, normally, I think I "roll with the punches" of life fairly well, when work is chaotic I am always the most calm and directed person around... I think what put me over is that it's so close to Christmas... by choice my Wife is a stay at home Mom (well, she work's part time as the church secretary... so that means "church pay"... when they have the money that is haha) so $350 is ALOT of money for us... but otherwise, again, yes, what you say is very true.

You are a strong man.

I think "idiot" is a better term to describe me actually :D

And yes, actually, this kid is somewhat of a "miracle"... he doesn't have a SCRATCH on him and should pull through completly... weird.

Eyes Wide Open...

At any given second, life can teach us a profound lesson! The best part of all, is the fact that you learned the lesson!!

Yes, we should always go through life EYES WIDE OPEN.... lessons to learn and apply to our lives are everywhere, we just need to be aware.

I fill for you, I know how u fill, I just got hit with a 475.00 vet bill. life go's on just push on you will be ok.

Thank you Myosin...

We all take time to thank military, etc. but seldom take time to thank people like Myosin that dedicate their lives to a job that is harder than can be imagined at times.

I too, needed that! I had a stroke of bad luck this month with a hot water heater blowing up and water damage in my basement... Small problems in comparison to the toddler you took care of!

Thanks again bro!

P.S. I would still be pissed about my cars getting towed!

Wow, bro. Thanks!!! I work in the med filed but not ER. That's some rough shit you're doing. Glad you're able to see with new eyes. Yesterday I was feeling shitty but today a little better, well a lot better now that I read this.

quiet often we all get a littrle out of touch with things that realy matter and it seems that "our world is unfair" to us and that our problems are so bad

then we get a nice "bitch slapping" like this to put our priorities and prespectives back in place.

I hate that you had to deal with that , dealing with children is car accidents or domestic violence cases is a main reason i got out of law enforcement full time.

Thanks for posting this....I have been whining about scratching a car while parallel parking...I fee like such a dumb shit now.....you are 100% correct...we should all count our blessings...it's just so easy to get caught up in this me me me society...

Thanks for posting that. I need a priority adjustment every once in awhile. Like almost everyday. :). It's been a little over two years since they cut me outa the car. Need to remember to be thankful.

Everyday I am greatful for what I have. Most importantly the health and happiness of my daughter.
When she was 6 months old she spent some time in the ER and ICU of Boston Children's Hospital and during that time while I lamented her state, I thanked goodness that she was not worse off. There were many children who were...

I always come home from a trauma call feeling humbled too ....and then I am up everyone's ass to wear their seat belts

yes brother sometimes life has a strange way of showing things about 5 years back was heading on a major highway to my girlfriends house 3 days before christmas. highway comes to a complete halt they closed it down due to an accident sit there for over an hour as a helicopter comes in to transport victims then another chopper comes in man i said to myself that got to suck for those people right before christmas. no one complained while we waited just felt very sad for the families of the people involved. when they let us finslly move when i drove by there were christmas present strewn all over the side of the rode with clean up crews trying to clean up. bought tears to my eyes

Thank you Myosin. A little erspective is often needed, always welcomed

i was telling my wife just the other day that.we sometimes want things so badly that we forget to treasure what we already have.

thx myosin for sharing that story

WHOA!
Myosin That was a ****ing good post!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner