over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: LIVING IN FLORIDA

mature muscle

Registered
OK guys what makes Florida living awesome. we have been considering the move fore some time. every time were down there we hate to come home and after this winter we just cant take it any longer. the price of heating oil is becoming a killer. but its scary to just pick up and go. selling your home, jobs and so on.

Florida has no individual income tax.

dont do it... run... go elsewhere... made that mistake before and its only getting worse there.

Where do you live now? We moved to Florida about 6 years ago and before that I lived in New York my whole life. Obviosuly the weather makes Florida living great. The summers can be brutal but you do get more used to it. It's great to be close to the beach (we are w/in 15 minutes of at least 4 or 5). You are close to a lot of things to do: beaches, the keys, Miami, Disney, Busch Gardens, universal studios and close to other things like Savanah, Georgia, New Olreans, bahamas, lots of cruises leave from Florida, etc. Cost of living was definitely much cheaper for me moving from New York. No state tax, lower heating and cooling prices. Oil was ridiculous up there. I can heat or cool my four bedroom house here for 1/2 the price of what it cost for a 2 bedroom apartment in New York.

Cons: Job market is slower to recover than a lot from the econimic crisis. still a high unemployment rate, and less jobs, creating a very competitive job market. Real estate market market really plumeted, which if your looking to buy would be really good for you. Bad for those trying to sell.

Feel free to hit me up via PM if you want any more info.

I recently moved to South Florida in July '10 and really like it for the most part, except the people in the area I live. Like Shelby said no state income tax and it will initially cost you @$450 to get your plates changed to Florida. No drivers license test, just get it switched over, but plan on being in line a looooong time.

I live 5 minutes from the beach, the gyms are awesome, great food, things to do, you can get in-state season passes for Disney n Universal for a year that would be about the same as an out of stater paying to go a couple days.

Where I live everything is much more expensive than back home, from groceries to gas. Electric isn't too bad and water is pretty cheap.

Depends where your moving from as to the type of people you'll be around so make sure to research.

Weather is amazing, sitting by my pool in shorts right now and after the last few years of winter back home it's a welcome change.

You can find nice deals on places to live and houses to buy but it really depends on the area. Make sure to check out the whole state. South is more tropical feeling than north, but the peep are nicer. East is more expensive than west but east IMO has more stuff (aside from Tampa). Gulf is more laid back south more ritzi, Orlando more city and Jax more down to earth. A lot of differences from one area to another so like I suggested, research well.

Where do you live now? We moved to Florida about 6 years ago and before that I lived in New York my whole life. Obviosuly the weather makes Florida living great. The summers can be brutal but you do get more used to it. It's great to be close to the beach (we are w/in 15 minutes of at least 4 or 5). You are close to a lot of things to do: beaches, the keys, Miami, Disney, Busch Gardens, universal studios and close to other things like Savanah, Georgia, New Olreans, bahamas, lots of cruises leave from Florida, etc. Cost of living was definitely much cheaper for me moving from New York. No state tax, lower heating and cooling prices. Oil was ridiculous up there. I can heat or cool my four bedroom house here for 1/2 the price of what it cost for a 2 bedroom apartment in New York.

Cons: Job market is slower to recover than a lot from the econimic crisis. still a high unemployment rate, and less jobs, creating a very competitive job market. Real estate market market really plumeted, which if your looking to buy would be really good for you. Bad for those trying to sell.

Feel free to hit me up via PM if you want any more info.
Were in the north east. and allot of what you said is why we want to go. and yea the job thing is what worries me most,

Last edited:
I recently moved to South Florida in July '10 and really like it for the most part, except the people in the area I live. Like Shelby said no state income tax and it will initially cost you @$450 to get your plates changed to Florida. No drivers license test, just get it switched over, but plan on being in line a looooong time.

I live 5 minutes from the beach, the gyms are awesome, great food, things to do, you can get in-state season passes for Disney n Universal for a year that would be about the same as an out of stater paying to go a couple days.

Where I live everything is much more expensive than back home, from groceries to gas. Electric isn't too bad and water is pretty cheap.

Depends where your moving from as to the type of people you'll be around so make sure to research.

Weather is amazing, sitting by my pool in shorts right now and after the last few years of winter back home it's a welcome change.

You can find nice deals on places to live and houses to buy but it really depends on the area. Make sure to check out the whole state. South is more tropical feeling than north, but the peep are nicer. East is more expensive than west but east IMO has more stuff (aside from Tampa). Gulf is more laid back south more ritzi, Orlando more city and Jax more down to earth. A lot of differences from one area to another so like I suggested, research well.
Were thinking space coast.

Space coast is nice. People are much nicer and not as expensive as other areas. New Smyrna is nice, cape etc. Job market is a lil tougher there from what I've heard

i have friends on the space coast.... job market is horrible. and is about to get worse with roughly 15,000 space employees losing jobs with the end of the shuttle program.

i have friends on the space coast.... job market is horrible. and is about to get worse with roughly 15,000 space employees losing jobs with the end of the shuttle program.
thanks for the response bro. but you are a dream killer.

I live in Ft.Myers and I love it here !! Beaches are nice , great gyms , the weather is amazing ... The only thing is the snow birds that come here in the late fall through winter can really clog up the city and traffic can be bad but its give and take ... I have live in Vegas for 6 years and perfer it much more out here ...

its what i do, lol...

seriously though, dont wanna see anyone caught in that bad situation. all of central FL is pretty fucked right now
Thanks for your reply. We have relatives that live in Fl. They told us the same. The serious lack of jobs is what's holding us back. 500.00 a month for heat is really starting to want us to take the chance and move.

We're making the move there from Illinois as soon as we can. Entitlement programs from the Chicago area have killed the rest of the state. Sales tax and income tax just went up again, and the state is broke. I'm tired of one city dictating what the rest of the state has to put up with. Blagojovich's successor only won 3 counties in his re-election bid, but still got elected.

Weather here blows. As for the hot summers in Florida...ever been in Illinois in July when it's 98 degrees and 99 percent humidity? That's not fun either.

Im a from tampa bay, but im in the military now and living up north. I have been to many states and I can tell you I CANNOT wait to go back home. Its the best place for me to live. As far as fitness, its the perfect state. The food is great, the weather is awesome and you just cant beat the beach and overall beauty of the tropics. But stay away from north or central florida.....you really need to stay along the coast lines like tampa bay, naples, sarasota, miami etc.

Once I left for the service, I realized what I had in fl and really miss it. Give Tampa bay a shot.

Yes, the weather is great but living with all the old folks really grates on you after a while. I should know, I have been here 26 years and I am also now old.

Worldspan

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner