over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Living in Vegas

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Whats happening fellas. Got a job offer to move to Vegas. For the people who have lived there what are the pros and cons of being a single 34-35 year old living in sin city. I am not attached and have no kids. I would most likely stay for 12-18 months and use this as a stepping stone to advance my career.

I do not like to gamble or do drugs FYI.

If you're not into gambling drugs or hookers you can have a very successful and pleasurable life in Vegas. Go down to the strip your first night in town just to do it, walk around, and then get to work hitting meals and work outs Chico. Great state for taxes. Can tan outside year round. Great gyms. LVAC is a place where legends have trained for generations. I would say you're very lucky for the opportunity.

I've lived in Vegas since 06. Best areas to live are Summerlin, Green Valley, and Centennial Hills (NW) and there are a ton of gyms out here to choose from. I lift at 24 hr fitness and LVAC and do BJJ at Odins Halls. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment out here for anyone and close to Cali.

I'm 36 recently divorced when I moved back to Vegas last year from AZ. No kids as well. Lived here all of the 2000s. It's way better than back then. So much more to do.

I love the food and entertainment options. Lots of Asian and Hawaiian food. We are the "9th island" btw. You got lake mead really close and the Colorado river for some kayaking and water sports. Red Rock Canyon, mount Charleston, and Zion is pretty close too if your into outdoor stuff. If your into offroad, 4x4, dirtbikes like I am you will like it. AZ is better but NV is still really good.

Most people here have a drinking problem imo, there is a pub on like every corner. lol

I think is pretty easy picking up chicks, especially if your decent looking. Lots of tourists, they like to make "mistakes" while your here.

I recommend living in the Southwest or Henderson. Summerlin if you like the more upscale area.

Any questions let me know.

Whats happening fellas. Got a job offer to move to Vegas. For the people who have lived there what are the pros and cons of being a single 34-35 year old living in sin city. I am not attached and have no kids. I would most likely stay for 12-18 months and use this as a stepping stone to advance my career.

I do not like to gamble or do drugs FYI.

I’ve lived here for 20 years. Practically grew up here. If you don’t gamble or party hard, you’ll be fine. But If you have any vices, or any kind of weaknesses, Vegas can eat you up. Cost of living is great and no state tax. Car insurance is higher though, gas is higher than other parts of the country too, but at least it’s cheaper than Cali. Traffic is really starting to suck though.
I would base living on what side of town your job is on. North side and east side are somewhat sketchy to live imo. I don’t like Summerlin at all. Feels so closed off from everything. But a lot of people like it. It sucks if you meet a girl and she lives there but you don’t. Because you’ll hate driving back and forth. I would only live there, if you work close. It can be a nightmare to get back there if you work far away from it. Centennial is far away too and doesn’t have near the amenities or food options that the south or southwest does. But it’s cheaper to live there. It’s at least a 20 minute drive from the strip too, with traffic its brutal. Same as Summerlin.
I like south/ southwest, Henderson area. close to airport, the strip, shopping great, gyms, any kind of food you could ever want, no matter where you’re from. Southwest is nuts right now, something new being built weekly. Raiders stadium is on the south end of the strip too. Women everywhere you turn if you’re single. Great hospitals and healthcare too (that goes for all of Vegas).
I love it here and wouldn’t live anywhere else. I can do almost anything 24 hours a day, workout, eat sushi, have a steak dinner, get a massage, anything-

If you’re really gonna do the move. Come out for 3-4 days, stay off the strip. Drive around, hit a couple gyms, etc. that’s the best way.

Where do you live now? What kind of area? Is it a significant increase in pay? Are there any other options?

I like the West side of town. I've been in LV for a long time and it really has improved. The best food in the world is here. it's true there is a Dotty's Pub on every corner so if you got a drinking problem, LV can tear you down.

Nortwest side of town is too far away. the north and east sides are the bad side of town. I never go there. Henderson is great and so is the southwest and West sides...

There are plenty of gyms. Any sport you want to practice can be done here. Also, i've been to every Olympia since 1999. LV is really a great place and just keeps improving..

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. Francis I have spent my entire life in Orange County in Southern California. Its a great place to live...to raise a family etc but I am pretty far away from that family plan at the moment lol.

The pay increase is significant but its more about advancing my career. I am already doing well for myself here in So Cal. Its between Vegas and Seattle and fuck i am not moving to Seattle lol. Not moving to one liberal cuckfest to another. Plus Vegas is a 45 min flight from OC and my parents are here. They are a big part of my life.

Just had a Good friend Move there...Loves it, but he is from Chicagoland. Easy to like antwhere warm!
Coming out next week, meeting him at LVAC then some dinner and a trip Downtown with the Freaks!

If you don`t go to the strip, vegas is like any other warm climate... suburbia any-where America.

You're gonna get laid left and right if you're a handsome bloke, the most beautiful women on earth are seen in Vegas

You're gonna get laid left and right if you're a handsome bloke, the most beautiful women on earth are seen in Vegas

Yea, I train at LVAC Summerlin in the morning and I love the eye candy.

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. Francis I have spent my entire life in Orange County in Southern California. Its a great place to live...to raise a family etc but I am pretty far away from that family plan at the moment lol.

The pay increase is significant but its more about advancing my career. I am already doing well for myself here in So Cal. Its between Vegas and Seattle and fuck i am not moving to Seattle lol. Not moving to one liberal cuckfest to another. Plus Vegas is a 45 min flight from OC and my parents are here. They are a big part of my life.
Well, the cost of living has got to be a lot lower too, so you can maybe save up some money for whatever you need in the future.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear