advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Motorcycle Jackets That Actually Fit!?

PumpinIron

Registered
I realize this is off-topic but I'm not sure where else to ask it. No one on my local riding forums is a 'bodybuilder' so no one really has a good answer.

I'm 29 years old and I've been riding for 13 years. I have owned just about every sport bike there is to own, but one thing that seems to always elude me is where in the hell I can find gear that actually fits.

When it comes to jackets it's almost impossible! All of the Alpinestars and Dainese stuff is made for people who have no shape to their figure at all. I'll buy a large sized jacket from them and it will fit in one area but not in another.

Since I ride sport bikes I'm looking for a more 'stylish' jacket that offers a lot of protection and that 'sport bike' look to it. It's come to the point where I might just be better off having one custom tailored to me. I just spent $900 on a Dainese jacket and it's way too tight in the arms but loose everywhere else.

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask incase anyone out there also rides and knows of any manufactures who make motorcycle gear that is tailored towards bodybuilders or bigger guys.

Thanks!

i think the funny part about a lot of the guys who ride at my local gym and the guys i see around who are big built dudes, never wear a jacket while riding

always some wifebeater or something

i think the funny part about a lot of the guys who ride at my local gym and the guys i see around who are big built dudes, never wear a jacket while riding

always some wifebeater or something

I see that a lot too, it's rather ridiculous. I'm guilty of having ridden a few times with nothing but a shirt and a helmet when it was 1/2 a mile down the road, but every time I go to the gym and anywhere else I always wear my jacket, helmet, and gloves.

Tag, interested too. Just got a new bike and just have helmet/gloves. I feel very vulnerable riding without a jacket for some reason. I was thinking about grabbing one of those spine protectors? Anyone wear those backpack things?

Tag, interested too. Just got a new bike and just have helmet/gloves. I feel very vulnerable riding without a jacket for some reason. I was thinking about grabbing one of those spine protectors? Anyone wear those backpack things?

my old joe rocket jacket had a built in spine pad that was kind of tough

but i don't think it beats those spine protectors that you wear that wraps around your chest and look like a shield on your back

joe rocket makes stuff for big built american dudes i've noticed, all their stuff is more roomy

the high fashion motorcycle gear like dainese seem to be made for skinny ass dudes

Spine protectors are nice. I always buy the ones that you can insert in the lining of whatever jacket you wear.

I have a Dainese jacket I currently wear but my god is it uncomfortable! It doesn't fit me because it's made for some skinny ass Italian.

There is a local woman who does leather upholstery so I suppose I could take it to her and see what she can do with it. From what I hear she is the best leather upholsterer in this state. Her stuff supposedly looks OEM.

Last edited:
Nice, I will have to take a look guys. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I used to have a dainese jacket, sized XL... Put it on a few months ago and couldn't raise my arms! Strange because most XL stuff fits me like a tent!

Damn European cuts!

Do a search on eBay and you'll find what you're looking for.

I found 2 XXXXL leather riding jackets just by searching through regular leather jackets.

Do a search on eBay and you'll find what you're looking for.

I found 2 XXXXL leather riding jackets just by searching through regular leather jackets.

Hopefully they aren't made China leather jackets.

I realize this is off-topic but I'm not sure where else to ask it. No one on my local riding forums is a 'bodybuilder' so no one really has a good answer.

I'm 29 years old and I've been riding for 13 years. I have owned just about every sport bike there is to own, but one thing that seems to always elude me is where in the hell I can find gear that actually fits.

When it comes to jackets it's almost impossible! All of the Alpinestars and Dainese stuff is made for people who have no shape to their figure at all. I'll buy a large sized jacket from them and it will fit in one area but not in another.

Since I ride sport bikes I'm looking for a more 'stylish' jacket that offers a lot of protection and that 'sport bike' look to it. It's come to the point where I might just be better off having one custom tailored to me. I just spent $900 on a Dainese jacket and it's way too tight in the arms but loose everywhere else.

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask incase anyone out there also rides and knows of any manufactures who make motorcycle gear that is tailored towards bodybuilders or bigger guys.

Thanks!

If you ride alot have one custom made for comfort and safety.

Yeah, it seems like that's what it comes down to. eBay is great but I don't trust the quality of many of those no name items on there. When it comes to safety top-notch quality is important to me.

Don't know if you consider it "stylish" enough, but worth looking at is the Aerostich line. They'll custom fit one for you, and they do amazing work on the alterations. The suits and jackets are very heavy duty and have many padding options.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have a Roadcrafter 1 piece suit, and a Roadcrafter jacket. Quite pleased with them, as well as the service from the company.

Last edited:
Don't know if you consider it "stylish" enough, but worth looking at is the Aerostich line. They'll custom fit one for you, and they do amazing work on the alterations. The suits and jackets are very heavy duty and have many padding options.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have a Roadcrafter 1 piece suit, and a Roadcrafter jacket. Quite pleased with them, as well as the service from the company.

Never heard of the 'Aerostich' line but I'll check that out. It's starting to seem like a better idea to just have something tailored to me from the start.

I'm 6'' and run between 270-300lbs and found that with motorcycle jackets Icon will be your best bet. Their XXXL fits me just fine. The waist will be a little big for obvious reasons but you can usually pull that in with the side adjusters a little. At least you can move your arms and don't feel like you're getting choked out. They even have an XXXXL version I think.

You should see me trying out leathers. My new set cost about $1500 and took 3 months to custom make.

kdQTG.jpg

Icon Jackets have always worked for me. They have specific models that are made for bigger guys. I'm 6'3 245 and have never had any issues with the 3 or 4 ICON jackets I've owned in the past.

This right here! I used to ride without one after I outgrew the cut. Nothing fit right even the full leathers for the track. Had to go with a two piece. After my last accident I bought the largest size dianese I could find and had it custom cut to fit.

Your safety is too important to go without one. If you saw the pics of my last accident and the ongoing medical bills, you'd think the same.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws