over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT New Puppy

vitor

Registered
Just got another dog yesterday a Minature schaunzer, it is a silver and black terrier, female, 10 weeks old, about 3lbs. I have a 5 year old male, so im going to breed once and then fix the bitch. But she is cute, but blowing me alot. I take her outside for an hour, as soon as she gets in she craps on the floor. And she woke me up at 4am this mourning to pee, then she wants to play, Im doing 1 hour a day of cardio and lifting 4, for an upcoming modeling shoot, this dog is amazing but hurting my training, you cant win the all, i guess,

Any potty training tips, I am doing some crate training, but always open for suggestions.

hehe, i feel ya bro, i had a german sheperd, i loved that dog, he was a pain in the ass to potty train tho, he wanted to go potty where he wanted too hehe. it's been awhile since i have trained a dog, so i can't really remember how/what i did to get him house broken.

JW
sorry i couldnt help out.

Training a pooch

Repetition is most important to training a dog. Feed it, take it outside until it does it's business, praise it and repeat as needed. Expect accidents, but don't hit the dog or rub it's nose in it. Show the dog what it did, say NO in a loud stern voice. Then take it outside until it goes, praise and so on. Remember be patient, the dog wants more than anything to please you.

But she is cute, but blowing me alot. [/B]

lol ya gotta love that

My girl wants one of those but I think I am going to lean towards another rottie

Dogs are a blast......

We had a german sheppard named Sport when I was little....he was a great dog. Super loyal and wicked smart. I hope you have a good time once the work is over. :D

Re: Dogs are a blast......

JETHRO TULL said:
We had a german sheppard named Sport when I was little....he was a great dog. Super loyal and wicked smart. I hope you have a good time once the work is over. :D

no kiddin, about 4 yrs ago, i was walking my german sheperd in a school yard, it was fenced in so i had his collar offa him and my black lab.

and this guy was outside the fence and asking me ?'s and he raised his hand and WHAM, my sheperd jumped and almost snapped off the guy's arm. it was a bitch to calm him down, as he was ready to go to town on the guy.

JW

I had an easy time with my pooch. I've got an Australian Shephard and it is without a doubt the smartest bread of dog I've seen. She basically taught herself, that's no joke. She's managed for over a day in the house without being outside and never went. The only problem is the little fucker will eat everything and anything if you let her and sometimes she pukes in the house. I can set a plate of food on the floor and she won't touch it unless you say it's O.K. She was climbing stairs alittle before 8 weeks. Many puppies can't do that. Be calm, patient, and praise works best.

Vitor, in my experience a small dog takes much longer to potty train than a large dog. My little rat terrior took about 6 months to be totally accident free. My weimaraner took only a week or two. The good thing about small dogs is they make small messes (easy cleanup). A good investment would be one of those small portable carpet cleaners. Just be sure to buy one that plugs in because the rechargeable ones are junk. Good luck. BTW my brother in law has a schnauzer and it is smart as hell. It can do all kinds of cool tricks like play dead and stuff.

Im in the same boat....

I have a 2yr old female brindle boxer and i recently bought a male fawn boxer. Let me tell ya what everytime i come home from work the puppy gets excited and pisses all over the floor. I dont know what to do about because i love the little guy but i just bought a new home and dont want the place smelling like puppy piss. Hes only 17 weeks old but he is a handfull eating everything he can find, tipping over the trash can and yes going outside then coming in and pissing on the floor.....But like i said i love my dogs but need help with the pissing when excited thing.:confused:

I have a golden retreiver 3yrs old. Still acts like a pup.
If you just want a family pet, this breed can not be beat.
Its my 2nd love, wife is 1st (sorry Jethro :D ).

I've raised several puppies over the years. Take the dog out whenever it gets up from a nap, after it eats and drinks. Crate the dog at night and when gone, but make sure it's the right size crate that's not too big. A good dog never goes where it sleeps. One tip to remember that I learned from a trainer with the last one: the dog can hold it for 1 hour for each month it is old..ie 3 month old= 3hrs. I had a large adult dog that had a bladder infection and went once on the carpet. I couldn't get rid of the smell after trying several products and brought in a professional carpet cleaning company, but it never went away. I put the oxyclean in the steam vac and it's gone. Just make you saturate the area well down to the pad.

MikeS. so....I guess I come in 4th....???

....because I know certain supplements also are on the list above me in importance! :(

Crate training is the way to go. Keeping them on the same eating schedule is also important. Feed them at the same time if they do not eat pick up the bowl. Do not leave food out all day.

Crate training is a good idea

The point is to re-inforce that peeing outside is a good thing. I'm a big believer in positive re-inforcement, rather than scolding. (I will only scold my dogs if I catch 'em red handed, doing something they know they shouldn't - usually digging in a trash can.)

When the dog is outside, and peeing, use a command to re-inforce the behavior and let the dog know it is good for peeing at that time. Same goes for pooping. (You can use, "good pee-pee" and "good poo-poo" or just "good potty" for going #1 OR #2). The dog will hear this when he / she is voiding, knowing it is OK, and it actually can become a trigger. When I was training my first dog, I could actually make her pee, just by saying, "Pee-pee... Wanna go pee-pee?..." You sound like a damn fool, but it works.

I would only scold the dog for going inside if you catch him / her doing it. If so, scold the dog quickly, then change your tone, pick your dog up immediately and take it outside and ask if it want to go "potty" in your best "happy, good dog" voice. No biggie if it doesn't go - the mess has been made - but you've still (positively) re-inforced the pattern.

Good Luck. It will be worth it.

-Randy

Creating a dog in NOT inhumane despite what I thought at first.
They get a feeling of security. My golden still looks to be in that environment-she sleeps under our bed, and likes being under tables also. He little 'home' in under our bed-thats her new security. She's such a doll! :D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear