OT- One of the best things ever caught on camera

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hn4IGofM"]Iguana vs Snakes - Planet Earth II - YouTube[/ame]

I knew before I even opened the thread that this was going to be the video. I saw it yesterday, and it was awesome. What footage, as an editor myself, just dream material to work with.

If you've not seen Ozzy Man Review's commentary on this - do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sh*t was dope! Watched it yesterday.

That video was awesome, thanks for sharing! I love nature. I don't envy the life of that iguana. Could you imagine be hunted all the time like that?

Reminds me of being A kid getting chased by the Cops!!!

If you've not seen Ozzy Man Review's commentary on this - do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did yesterday... very funny :D Although I grew up watching David Attenborough commentary so nothing beats that to me.

Good Lord that's a lot of long ass snakes out there. Where was that, HELL??? 😈
Elvia, thank you for the upcoming nightmares I'll be having tonight. 🐍
I'm glad the baby iguana got away. 🐊
If I ever go there I'm bringing a 50 caliber helicopter machine gun or a flame thrower. 🔥

OMG! My worst nightmare would be that many snakes chasing after me. I frickin HATE snakes.

The lizard is roughly what I look like running to the upstairs toilet after a cheat meal

They goofed on not selling the footage to Nike

"Don't let this happen to you, buy Nike shoes" caption at the end would've been priceless.

well . . . just watched this again

Staged. Rehearsed. Easily :(

But . . . entertaining non-the-less.

My opinion.

Staged. Rehearsed. Easily :(

But . . . entertaining non-the-less.

My opinion.

Having done a few of these types of productions in the past, discovery and nat geographic, i'm really curious as to what you think is staged and rehearsed. I've run into skeptics a lot and most of them couldn't be any more wrong, usually missing the parts that may not be entirely authentic and not believing the parts that actually are... there is an element of film making that has to go into any sort of nature program the mass majority of it is simply real life being the best form of entertainment.

Last edited:
Having done a few of these types of productions in the past, discovery and nat geographic, i'm really curious as to what you think is staged and rehearsed. I've run into skeptics a lot and most of them couldn't be any more wrong, usually missing the parts that may not be entirely authentic and not believing the parts that actually are... there is an element of film making that has to go into any sort of nature program the mass majority of it is simply real life being the best form of entertainment.

Anubis,

Having nothing better to do on a Friday night, and I take your questioning seriously, I will
attempt to answer your question to the best of my ability.

I have never worked on a “discovery and nat geographic” production so you have a leg
up on me in that regard.

I see from a your post and a prior post of yours, you are involved in the motion picture
business. That makes two of us. I am a stills photographer, working on TV and motion pictures.
So, we have that much in common and a great place to start. And my personal work, if you
want to call it that, goes to the largest stock photography agencies in the world. So I am
no stranger wildlife photography and photography in general. And I know a several NatGeo
photographers and what goes into getting ‘the shot,’ much of it luck as could very well be
what occurs here. But, having spent no small amount of time in the ‘wild’, and after
viewing the video we are all talking about, I am indeed skeptical, could be wrong, will admit
that.

How it was staged, how it was rehearsed I have no idea but easy me be an exaggeration
on my part. But . . . it just seems odd to me, knowing editing and special effects and the
likelihood of what we see occurring in real time, in the wild, it’s hard to believe that many
snakes all in the same place, reacting at the same time, in the same fashion, in concert
with the iguana. (For many years I hunted, captured, and raised rattlesnakes, had about a
dozen in my house, in cages, at the same time, that is until one escaped, was finally
found draped over a lampshade I used for reading late at night . . . but that is another
story.) So I have seen a lot of snakes, both in Africa and South America. And iguanas
too. While I don’t claim to know how all snakes and iguanas react, reacting in the
way that they did might very well be common, but not that many at the same time.
That is what I am skeptical of and doubt.

Again, it just struck me as odd that way the video unfurled. Everything in concert, happening
at the same time. Nature in my experience does not operate that way. Much more random
and seldom, if ever, is a camera present to record it, the most bizarre and seemingly
unreal things that occur in nature. Such is the case in this video.

As I am sure you know, many of the producers of the wildlife channels have been accused
and ‘convicted’ of staging and manipulation for the sake of their clients. I don’t know how
common it is, but it does and did occur, much to the disaffection of the viewing audience.

I could very well be wrong here, would be the first to admit it. It is great footage, great
editing and entertainment for sure. And real life is indeed stranger than fiction, this being
stranger than strange, does not sit right with me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws