over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: PIT owners...and people who just love dogs

Why if someone that has done some reading and searching on this breed still say they are/were breed for fighting. They were originally breed for Bull bating. Biting the giant rings that goes through a Bulls nose to bring them down. There were breed for sport but not originally fighting. You can't blame these dogs for how people treat them or teach them. Now I can tell ya that my pits is NO SAINT, she fucks things up. But not people or other animals that I haven't trained her to. By that I don't mean I've trained her to attack things. But I have gotten her worked up over squirrels and birds. That was something foolish on my part as she's ran off for days chasing birds through the fields and had me worried to no end. It all come down to the owners and how you socialize your dogs. I can take mine to a parade and if people wouldn't freak out I could walk her with no leash and never have a problem. i had her at the beach a few weeks ago and I watched one black couple jump up on the picknic table as we walked by. We were 8-10 feet away and she was leashed. It all come down to MISCONCEPTIONS of the breed

Yup your abosulety right they were breed for bull baiting it slipped my mind when I was writing. My mind go a thousand miles an hour when it comes to my dogs......my apologies thanks for the correction.

PLease don't twist my words. I said fighting/WORKING. The problem is that a lot of these "working" dogs pulled double duty. They would work, and do a little "gaming" in their free time! The Colbies fought their dogs...period. I'm not blaming the dogs either....I'm trying to look at this objectively instead of subjectively.

Why if someone that has done some reading and searching on this breed still say they are/were breed for fighting. They were originally breed for Bull bating. Biting the giant rings that goes through a Bulls nose to bring them down. There were breed for sport but not originally fighting. You can't blame these dogs for how people treat them or teach them. Now I can tell ya that my pits is NO SAINT, she fucks things up. But not people or other animals that I haven't trained her to. By that I don't mean I've trained her to attack things. But I have gotten her worked up over squirrels and birds. That was something foolish on my part as she's ran off for days chasing birds through the fields and had me worried to no end. It all come down to the owners and how you socialize your dogs. I can take mine to a parade and if people wouldn't freak out I could walk her with no leash and never have a problem. i had her at the beach a few weeks ago and I watched one black couple jump up on the picknic table as we walked by. We were 8-10 feet away and she was leashed. It all come down to MISCONCEPTIONS of the breed

Fifth - it strikes me a very hypocritical that some of the same people that cry about dog fighting will watch two grown men beat the schnitzel out of eachother in a cage FOR MONEY.

Are you for real with that statement?

this guy serious?

Mr. Endurnance, YOU CAN NOT COMPARE DOG FIGHTING TO MMA.

Why are you trying to compare animals to humans, it doesn't work, you look ignorant!!

It is the peoples choice to fight eachother, they are not starved/beaten/brainwashed to fight other humans, you have no clue what your talking about so stop.

Pitbulls do not wake up one day and say hey I want to fight other dogs to the death and end up with missing facial features and scars covering my whole body.

man damn good post bro! very few people know the actually history of this breed, im glad you took the time to do a little studying. and your last point was right on the money, people aren't making them guys get in that cage to beat the shit out of each other they do it for the love of it, the same goes with pits, they do it for the love of it cause thats what they were bred to do! pitdogs are scary to have around other animals, but the best damn pet and people lover you will find, they were culled to be that way, if you got in the pit in the old days and had 300 dollars waged on your dog and during the fight your dog bit the other handler that was in the pit, you lost your money, so that human hostility was cured out of them.

Most ignorant post Ive read in this thread so far.
1. Pits do not fight because they love it, who told you that?
2. They were not bred for fighting. People train them to fight.
3. Why do you think pitbulls are scary to have nd other animals? If you train your dog you'll have no problem, I socialized my pit with other animals at a very young age and he is fine with any other dog/cat. If you don't train any kind of dog you'll have a problem, its not just "pitdogs" as you refered to them.
4. Why do you think that if a "fighting" pit bit the other handler (asshole ignorant fuck) that this is the reason pits have been "cured" of human hostility??? Did you graduate 7th grade? Pits are loyal to humans because they are born that way. They are awsome dogs and you think people that fight dogs are responsible for their human loyalty. Grow some brains bro! Your so wrong!

I didn't insult you. Don't insult me. If you don't agree with me then fine - but you don't have access to special knowledge. OK? I hold an advanced degree in philosophy, and am quite well read in many other areas. It's not as though you are talking with ghandi about pitbulls. I'm not a religious person. I happen to reason that humans ARE animals. The two of you are missing the point completely. It's about boodlust. You can watch two grown men beat eachother to a bloody pulp, but dogs are waaaay worse? In actuality you are raising dogs to a level HIGHER than people when you make such statements. I believe dogs do reason - albeit at a very low level. Dogs fight everyday in the wild over territory, food, stature in a group- whatever. This is the whole point of the game test. Often two dogs were shown to eachother, and one would scramble away, turn it's head, or submit instantly. The dog obviously didn't WANT to fight. So the dogs weren't FORCED as it were. You can't flipping tell me that you have never experienced to non pitbulls on the street scramble and yank at the leash trying to have it out??? Do you automagically assume that the owners forced them to do this.? Bad owners? Oh really? I don't buy that for one minute. Chihuahuas love to mix it up.

Mr. Endurnance, YOU CAN NOT COMPARE DOG FIGHTING TO MMA.

Why are you trying to compare animals to humans, it doesn't work, you look ignorant!!

It is the peoples choice to fight eachother, they are not starved/beaten/brainwashed to fight other humans, you have no clue what your talking about so stop.

Pitbulls do not wake up one day and say hey I want to fight other dogs to the death and end up with missing facial features and scars covering my whole body.

Like I said people do not know how to train there dogs, you obviously are one of them when you said you pit would attack your other dogs if it saw a squirrel in the yard. This is very preventable.

I see many dogs bark and pull at the leash and "try to have it out" with the other dog and they aren't pits. Pits are actually very caulm around other dogs if you socialize them around other dogs at a young age, they learn that the other dogs are not a threat. All in all the dogs aren't trying to fight they are trying to ptorect their owners.

I think you need to call Cesar Milan the dog whisperer for your poor training habits, and I didn't insult you, I simply stated Ignorance

[/QUOTE] You can't flipping tell me that you have never experienced to non pitbulls on the street scramble and yank at the leash trying to have it out??? Do you automagically assume that the owners forced them to do this.? Bad owners? Oh really? I don't buy that for one minute. [/QUOTE]

No the owners did no force them to do this, where are u getting that from?Yes bad owners, if you socialize ur dog (take it to dog parks) at a young age it wont do that.

How can you use bite numbers as a supporting fact for pitbulls? Of course Golden Retrievers are number one, it is probably the most popular dog. It makes zero sense to even bring that up. There are probably more squirrel attacks than shark attacks on a yearly basis due to the fact people live on land, not in water. You can skew any number to be favorable to your cause.

I agree that a bad owner can ruin any dog, but my West Highland White Terrier bites my son, he gets a scratch; a pit bites him, he potentially dies. As loving as they may be, every dog has a bad day, and a pits bad day could have catastrophic results.

I love my pitbull, he is a big baby that would never hurt anyone..Very protective of my family but what dog wouldnt be. Pits get a bad name due to the dog fighting, if raised correctly they r great dogs. :D

Didn't the feds find a big dog fighting ring at Michael Vic's house. He had like 50 pits on his property or something like that?

Twenty of Four is pretty much right on the money with everything he has written in this thread.

Mr. Endurance please stop praising people like Colby. The Colby family and other "dog men" are no better than the street thugs mentioned earlier. The game test was used and still is used to weed out weak, non aggressive dogs. The weak dog is then put down, because it does the Colby family and other scumbags no good to have a dog with no "game". The game dogs are then trained to be more aggressive toward other dogs. A champion is then created. The Colby family and other "dog men" only "love" their champion dog fighters, because they make them lots of money. And you having an advanced degree in philosphy and being well read in other areas should know this. The Colby website is a half assed site, except for the links page. The only thing on the links page are dog fighting kennels and other related material. It is not an interesting site, it is a site that sells dog fighting items and links to other dog fighting sites and kennels.

Most ignorant post Ive read in this thread so far.
1. Pits do not fight because they love it, who told you that?
2. They were not bred for fighting. People train them to fight.
3. Why do you think pitbulls are scary to have nd other animals? If you train your dog you'll have no problem, I socialized my pit with other animals at a very young age and he is fine with any other dog/cat. If you don't train any kind of dog you'll have a problem, its not just "pitdogs" as you refered to them.
4. Why do you think that if a "fighting" pit bit the other handler (asshole ignorant fuck) that this is the reason pits have been "cured" of human hostility??? Did you graduate 7th grade? Pits are loyal to humans because they are born that way. They are awsome dogs and you think people that fight dogs are responsible for their human loyalty. Grow some brains bro! Your so wrong!
where in the fuck do you get that people train pits to fight.. ha that is just plain stupid, that has been said over and over in this thread, if you have a game bred pit, you don't teach shit, you just condition the dog, that dog instinctively KNOWS how to fight. I don't condone dog fighting, I have been around it while i was in north carolina (not the ghetto, but some old 50 and 60 yr old white men) and trust me son i know the game, a dog is rolled to game test it, but nothing is taught, you can't teach a leg dog to be a leg dog or a scruff holder to be a scruff holder, it is instinctive to each dog, someone please explain "teaching" a dog to fight, i have watched 8 week old pits roll for 30 min. for no fucking reason while in a pin waiting to be picked up by their new owners, did someone teach them to do that, hell no, a regular dog will fight for two reasons 1. to dominate another dog or 2. out of fear. a pitbull will fight because it likes to fight, now not all pitbull will do this but not all pitbulls are game bred pitdogs either so lets not get the two confused. not all pitbulls are GAME, its that gameness that makes them dangerous, a regular joe blow pit attacks me and i will beat that bitches ass, but a game bred pit.. ha forget it im dead, that dog will gladly die before it quits thats what makes the breed dangerous. and trust me not a lot of people have game bred pits. and for the last time so no one gets fucking confused.... I DON'T CONDONE DOG FIGHTING!

O yea and yes i did graduate the 7th grade.. top of my class like every other grade i graduated from... national honor society! ask anyone here that knows me bro ;)

Like I said people do not know how to train there dogs, you obviously are one of them when you said you pit would attack your other dogs if it saw a squirrel in the yard. This is very preventable.

I see many dogs bark and pull at the leash and "try to have it out" with the other dog and they aren't pits. Pits are actually very caulm around other dogs if you socialize them around other dogs at a young age, they learn that the other dogs are not a threat. All in all the dogs aren't trying to fight they are trying to ptorect their owners.

I think you need to call Cesar Milan the dog whisperer for your poor training habits, and I didn't insult you, I simply stated Ignorance
now to a certain extent this is a very good post, your right if you socialize your dog properly you can cure this problem to a certain degree, let me explain my last three pits i have owned i really made sure to socialize my dogs a lot i always took them to petsmart when i get food to socialize them with other dogs and people and i regularly take them to the park to be around other dogs, my dog will play with any dog in the world but one day i took mossburg around another pit, mossburg was waging his tail and ready to get his play on and the other pit wich was a pit dog (had been rolled three times i later found out) just looked at mossburg and stood still, all of a sudden mossburg lunges out to the end of his leash with an agression i have never seen him display, he was doing the classic pit dog scream wanting to get at the other dog its like he knew that his dog was his equal and he knew what the other dog wanted to do and since that day i couldn't take him around another pit, i could still take him to the park and he would play happily with any do but when he came around another pit it was fuckin on.

now to a certain extent this is a very good post, your right if you socialize your dog properly you can cure this problem to a certain degree, let me explain my last three pits i have owned i really made sure to socialize my dogs a lot i always took them to petsmart when i get food to socialize them with other dogs and people and i regularly take them to the park to be around other dogs, my dog will play with any dog in the world but one day i took mossburg around another pit, mossburg was waging his tail and ready to get his play on and the other pit wich was a pit dog (had been rolled three times i later found out) just looked at mossburg and stood still, all of a sudden mossburg lunges out to the end of his leash with an agression i have never seen him display, he was doing the classic pit dog scream wanting to get at the other dog its like he knew that his dog was his equal and he knew what the other dog wanted to do and since that day i couldn't take him around another pit, i could still take him to the park and he would play happily with any do but when he came around another pit it was fuckin on.

I agree with you man. Sorry if I was a little harsh it was just after watching that video and I was fucking pissed (roid rage:rolleyes: ) ...

yeah my buddies pit ( blue rhino/ gotti )would go to the park and play w/ all other dogs and if another pit or even pit mix came near him he would growl unlike any other dog really loud and deep and would pin it to the ground and just stand over it while growling. Your right that is instinct something they know that a pit is like the top of the food chain and they want to be the only pit at the top. He can't take it around any other dogs now unless the are small little dogs because he tried to let it play with a retriever at a bbq and he did the growl to the dog and bit its face and the other dog was just sitting there. And he doesn't fight his dog, he and his girl treat it like a baby and spoil the fuk out of it.

Anyways they are the best breed out there when it comes to loyalty but you gotta be a responsible pit owner because if they get loose and encounter another dog thats bigger than it, they wont stop till the other dog is dead, and then ur pit gets f'ing euthanised.

I just thinks its funny when people make a scene trying to avoid ur pet pit when is on a leash---the media mis informs people

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear