over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Purchasing a diamond online

Online is the best way to go. They will actually send you the diamond with the GIA paperwork. You get to have it looked at appraised etc. and make your decision. Love it, then it's yours if not you send it back and try another one. The diamond is the most important thing, get that first then the setting. You will save alot. Go with one of the big reputable companies (Blue Nile, Whiteflash etc) and you will have zero problems.

Is it possible to get a very good looking(to the naked eye) 2 carat for 10-12k?

Or a 1.5ct for 6-8k?

If you find a diamond that has florescent then you will be able to save a decent amount of money. You won't know the difference unless you put it under a black light which then it shines blue.

I went to the diamond district and it's only a few steps up in class so to say that shit canal st. Unless you go inside the more corporate building type set ups where you have a private meeting with the jeweler.

I ended up hooking up with with a family friend who sells to bigger stores and I looked through all the diamonds in his house. Even picked put the 20?+ little diamonds that go around the band and the main ring itself.

This is more or less what my wife's ring looks like. Those little fuckers add up. I think like $200 for each tiny stone.

Ps.. don't take your girl. Those fuckers will show her shit she didn't ask for that's twice and much and she will want it lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432169279912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432169279912.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 157
If you find a diamond that has florescent then you will be able to save a decent amount of money. You won't know the difference unless you put it under a black light which then it shines blue.

I went to the diamond district and it's only a few steps up in class so to say that shit canal st. Unless you go inside the more corporate building type set ups where you have a private meeting with the jeweler.

I ended up hooking up with with a family friend who sells to bigger stores and I looked through all the diamonds in his house. Even picked put the 20?+ little diamonds that go around the band and the main ring itself.

This is more or less what my wife's ring looks like. Those little fuckers add up. I think like $200 for each tiny stone.

Ps.. don't take your girl. Those fuckers will show her shit she didn't ask for that's twice and much and she will want it lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

See bold. I have a connect. He buzzes you in and you meet one on one..cash deal. Stones only.

No matter what the circumstance is, I wouldn't spend cash on a diamond. There are a lots of relevant personal matters, and situations out there not related to me where I'd invest my cash. I am being real.

Or a 1.5ct for 6-8k?

I'm sure it is. That's still a decent amount of money. I wasn't aware of this online dealer these guys are talking about but it sounds good. Shop around. Look into a halo setting. It really makes the ring look a lot bigger than it is and it seems to be very popular now. That price range you said will still get you a very nice rock. Google diamond classifications to get an idea of what the different grades are so when you go shopping you have an idea. I've had friends who also negotiated there prices. The mark up is ridiculous on jewelry.

Or a 1.5ct for 6-8k?

Knight, very possible. Maybe not the 2 carat, as larger diamonds of higher quality tend to be more rare, but around a 1.5 carat stone you can get a great rock. Don't get so hung up on carat size... The setting can change how the rock looks (make it look bigger or smaller).

Also, a better quality diamond will also look a little bigger because of how it reflects the light. You have quite a few trade offs, but seeing the rocks in person, even if you decide to buy online, will help tremendously.

Or a 1.5ct for 6-8k?
if you know the right people it can be done.

my wife's most recent stone is a gia cert 2.1ct rbc e, si2. we paid ~$9k for the loose stone. i get my high end jewelry from a friend who owns a large/high end (5 location) jewelry store.
i bought her first stone from him 17 years ago. gia cert. 1.11ct rbc e, si1 for $6k. that stone just sits in my safe in a plastic baggie and has for about 7 years. it drives me crazy. everytime we get it reset she decides "i really dont like this setting" and it gets popped out and stored in the safe. since its her original engagement stone she wont sell, trade etc.

Or a 1.5ct for 6-8k?
btw, i can put you in touch with them if you like. they do ship.

Only buy GIA stone and if I where you I would buy it from blue Nile. The do not own any of the stones they are diamond suppliers listing stones on there site shipped direct. blue Nile makes only single digit margins (commission). Been in industry for 20 years (retired last December) and worked for large site holder in NYC.
Flourescence does matter btw, it can make some stones look hazy.

Only buy GIA stone and if I where you I would buy it from blue Nile. The do not own any of the stones they are diamond suppliers listing stones on there site shipped direct. blue Nile makes only single digit margins (commission). Been in industry for 20 years (retired last December) and worked for large site holder in NYC.
Flourescence does matter btw, it can make some stones look hazy.

Awesome. We need more info from you! You are someone who can give us great insight!

My 2 cents:

Was in tough financial position when I proposed to my lady. Her friend said "all she wants is a solitaire diamond, 1ct+ is probably what you want if you're worried about keeping up with her friend circle" (women are terrible)

So after looking around and seeing prices like 5-7k for 1ct solitaire...I found out about enhanced diamonds. Basically they use some technique to fill in the microscopic cracks. So this is a real diamond but its been treated to look better quality than it is.

I ended up with a 1.1ct diamond ring (white gold) the solitaire had D color (color makes a huge difference) and only cost me like $900.

I personally can't even see it under a microscope. In fact, the jeweler appraised it at 6600$ and insured it.

EBAY !!

man a lot of u guys must make bank. no way id shell out 10k for a diamond for a chick, never.

Awesome. We need more info from you! You are someone who can give us great insight!

Fire away. Jewelers will bad mouth Blue Nile because it makes it hard for jewelers to make money. I used to check it before selling stones on the side to make sure i beat or matched them which typically meant I could only make 10-15% tops as the company I worked for was prime.

I personally can't even see it under a microscope. In fact, the jeweler appraised it at 6600$ and insured it.

Most treatments can be seen under magnification.

Having said that even labs can be fooled by new treatments , recently happened to the most reputable lab out there...

**broken link removed**

I am from NYC and I have jeweler that I have been using for 23 years. They are located in the Diamond District. When I am in the market for a diamond I call make an appointment and meet with them personally. I tell them my price point and go in a private room with a case of stones within my budget. I use the loop and choose the best at hand. Many things to determine while choosing a stone, Grade, clarity Etc. Then comes the negotiating I pay cash (Always) and no tax.

I then choose the setting, and they mount it, Done.

If you buy a stone already set you are not making an educated decision. Mounts hide the imperfections. If you like a stone that is mounted ask the jeweler to unmount and view with a loop.

If you are investing 10K+ it would be worthwhile to come to NYC's Diamond district but stay the HELL away from ChinaTown.

Fire away. Jewelers will bad mouth Blue Nile because it makes it hard for jewelers to make money. I used to check it before selling stones on the side to make sure i beat or matched them which typically meant I could only make 10-15% tops as the company I worked for was prime.

Most treatments can be seen under magnification.

Having said that even labs can be fooled by new treatments , recently happened to the most reputable lab out there...

**broken link removed**
Is it possible to get a beautiful Gia 2 CT solitaire for 10k or is that just not likely?

Define beautiful lol . You can get a J/SI2 for close to that. It will have a touch off color but nothing to bad. In good lighting it will look fantastic, next to a D color it will look slightly off color. Now I am quoeing a GIA certed stone where grades are very accurate. Will someone show you one from a different lab cheaper sure but it may be off a grade.

I am from NYC and I have jeweler that I have been using for 23 years. They are located in the Diamond District. When I am in the market for a diamond I call make an appointment and meet with them personally. I tell them my price point and go in a private room with a case of stones within my budget. I use the loop and choose the best at hand. Many things to determine while choosing a stone, Grade, clarity Etc. Then comes the negotiating I pay cash (Always) and no tax.

I then choose the setting, and they mount it, Done.

If you buy a stone already set you are not making an educated decision. Mounts hide the imperfections. If you like a stone that is mounted ask the jeweler to unmount and view with a loop.

If you are investing 10K+ it would be worthwhile to come to NYC's Diamond district but stay the HELL away from ChinaTown.

Diamond District is just as shady...i worked there the last 20 years. Even when you do this check price against Blue Nile. If they now you are looking there it will force them to sharpen there price.

Diamond District is just as shady...i worked there the last 20 years. Even when you do this check price against Blue Nile. If they now you are looking there it will force them to sharpen there price.

Bro I would never buy a stone without viewing through a loop. Yes as anything the District has become shady and I would bet so is Blue Nile.

I have had a 23 year relationship with my jeweler and I would not buy a stone anywhere else especially the web.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws