over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Purchasing a diamond online

I just purchased a 1.51 carat loose stone from Blue Nile for $6,400. Should have it in about a week. Saved me around $4K from local jewelr prices. GF wanted square. It's length to width aspect is 1.02. Almost perfect. Locally, if I went to not perfectly square, the price dropped about $2K. Will let you know the happiness of my online purchase once I look at it and get it appraised.

I just purchased a 1.51 carat loose stone from Blue Nile for $6,400. Should have it in about a week. Saved me around $4K from local jewelr prices. GF wanted square. It's length to width aspect is 1.02. Almost perfect. Locally, if I went to not perfectly square, the price dropped about $2K. Will let you know the happiness of my online purchase once I look at it and get it appraised.

Absolutely would love to hear more on this when the time comes...and even pics perhaps.

Do places like Blue Nile do 18 month 0% financing? I always imagined that if I put down 10k for a stone, I'd like to pay 6-7k up front.

Also, the favorable thing to do is get a setting that is Platinum, correct? I need to look further into this Halo setting and really crunch the numbers between 1.5ct and 2ct solitaires - which are my basic goals/what I see myself wanting to get. There's a chance I could opt for some accent stones as well but I haven't planned all that.

The thing is....how do you guarantee you are going to get something that appraises for significantly more than you buy it for? I'd feel like a chump if I spent 8500 and it appraised for 8k LOL.

Also, what is the deal with insurance? How does that all work and play out?

I'm not ready now...but I probably will be within a year...and it is a good idea to know wtf I am doing lol.

Bluenile

They do offer 0% interest for 12 months I believe. Apply for the credit card and go from there. Also, the insurance is easy to sign up for and costs about $125 per year for an approx 10k ring. I can't recall the specifics of the policy but it was comprehensive for loss, damage, etc.

Do places like Blue Nile do 18 month 0% financing? I always imagined that if I put down 10k for a stone, I'd like to pay 6-7k up front.

Also, the favorable thing to do is get a setting that is Platinum, correct? I need to look further into this Halo setting and really crunch the numbers between 1.5ct and 2ct solitaires - which are my basic goals/what I see myself wanting to get. There's a chance I could opt for some accent stones as well but I haven't planned all that.

The thing is....how do you guarantee you are going to get something that appraises for significantly more than you buy it for? I'd feel like a chump if I spent 8500 and it appraised for 8k LOL.

I'm not ready now...but I probably will be within a year...and it is a good idea to know wtf I am doing lol.

Platinum rings easy scratch and dent. I have a white gold band. My wifes first ring was platinum. Diamonds have been updated 3x now..(went bigger).. Now she has white gold band, with 3 diamonds.. We are all about quality over quantity. I would never get a diamond thats not flawless in color.. (D or E)..
My wifes new ring is 1 1/2 round center stone(E in color), two 1/2 karat round stones(E in color) on either side of center stone.

Jewelers usually give you the appraisal for the insurance company. I go through a private jeweler, and dont even come close to paying retail. He just appraised her ring at $18K. I paid less then $10K.. If her ring was to ever become lost or stolen, insurance has to cough up $18k to replace the ring. Same with my watch.

If a jeweler is going to sell you a ring for $8K, and is only going to appraise it for what you paid for it, or $8500, go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Platinum rings easy scratch and dent. I have a white gold band. My wifes first ring was platinum. Diamonds have been updated 3x now..(went bigger).. Now she has white gold band, with 3 diamonds.. We are all about quality over quantity. I would never get a diamond thats not flawless in color.. (D or E)..
My wifes new ring is 1 1/2 round center stone(E in color), two 1/2 karat round stones(E in color) on either side of center stone.

Jewelers usually give you the appraisal for the insurance company. I go through a private jeweler, and dont even come close to paying retail. He just appraised her ring at $18K. I paid less then $10K.. If her ring was to ever become lost or stolen, insurance has to cough up $18k to replace the ring. Same with my watch.

If a jeweler is going to sell you a ring for $8K, and is only going to appraise it for what you paid for it, or $8500, go somewhere else.
platinum is much harder than gold unless you are talking about 10karat...then maybe. i wouldnt put any of my stones in gold prongs. they are to soft and can bed resulting in a lost $10,000.00+ diamond.
jeweler appraisals are a crock of shit. i can take any $1000.000 ring and get an appraisal saying its work $10,000.00. they are only for insurance purposes. take any of your "jeweler appraised" stones to the market and try to get even 30% of the "appraised" value. you will get laughed at!

Bro NEVER have the jeweler appraise the stone, instead go to an independent appraiser.

platinum is much harder than gold unless you are talking about 10karat...then maybe. i wouldnt put any of my stones in gold prongs. they are to soft and can bed resulting in a lost $10,000.00+ diamond.
jeweler appraisals are a crock of shit. i can take any $1000.000 ring and get an appraisal saying its work $10,000.00. they are only for insurance purposes. take any of your "jeweler appraised" stones to the market and try to get even 30% of the "appraised" value. you will get laughed at!

Bro NEVER have the jeweler appraise the stone, instead go to an independent appraiser.

My diamond guy is a private jeweler/dealer, who sells the same diamonds that you guys are buying online or at jewelers in the mall. I doubt that you can get a $1K ring appraised for $10K. Where? No appraiser is going to inflate an appraisal for that much. Thats like appraising a house for $50K more then what its worth. Not going to happen today, maybe years ago when the market was full of crooks and the gov't wasn't involved.
Obviously, you don't know how appraisals work. Ive already had a claim years ago.I got full replacement cost for both my watches..same amount that was on my papers.

My diamond guy is a private jeweler/dealer, who sells the same diamonds that you guys are buying online or at jewelers in the mall. I doubt that you can get a $1K ring appraised for $10K. Where? No appraiser is going to inflate an appraisal for that much. Thats like appraising a house for $50K more then what its worth. Not going to happen today, maybe years ago when the market was full of crooks and the gov't wasn't involved.
Obviously, you don't know how appraisals work. Ive already had a claim years ago.I got full replacement cost for both my watches..same amount that was on my papers.
what does that have to do with it? ive had an claim too. guess what? they paid what the appraisal siad. did i pay the "appraised" value? no!

what does that have to do with it? ive had an claim too. guess what? they paid what the appraisal siad. did i pay the "appraised" value? no!

I didn't pay appraisal value either. Whats your point? Post up the guys name/number that gives $10,000 appraisals for $1K rings. :banghead::banghead:

I put down a decent amount on my finances ring and then got the rest from my credit union at a low percentage. I got a platinum setting. It's really nice and she hasn't had any problems with it. She takes it off when she goes to the gym so she doesn't scratch it. The insurance we have is $140 a year and they will replace lost or stolen up to the appraised and certified value of the ring.

On a side note, here's a picture of my finances grandmothers ring on my finances hand. 7 karats!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432587730.791518.jpg

This is no offense to anyone...but you guys recommending a Halo setting...come on now. I personally never even knew what it was called...but it has evidently become more popular over the years since I see every jackass and their brother getting this kind of design to make their diamond look bigger. When it was originally mentioned on here, I thought it was something to do with the prong and how the stone sits...not a bunch of accented diamonds around a main diamond - resembling a flower. Too many of my friends have gotten this and I always think its pretty ugly. Granted, I've never seen a 1.5+ stone in this setting...but maybe there's a reason for that. I think it's silly as shit to try to make the diamond look bigger surrounded completely by accent diamonds.

Again, I am probably going to go 1.5-2ct...perhaps solitaire or maybe with accents on the band. I am hoping to find it with the following parameters.

Shape: Round
Carat: 1.5-2
Cut: Very good - Ideal
Color: I, H, G, F (I omitted J(low) and E and D(high end)
Clarity: VS1, VVS2, VVS1 (I omitted SI2, SI1, VS2(low) and IF, FL(high end)

My buddy said expect to pay $2k for an appropriate and nice white gold setting with wedding ring set.

Opinions welcome...

This is no offense to anyone...but you guys recommending a Halo setting...come on now. I personally never even knew what it was called...but it has evidently become more popular over the years since I see every jackass and their brother getting this kind of design to make their diamond look bigger. When it was originally mentioned on here, I thought it was something to do with the prong and how the stone sits...not a bunch of accented diamonds around a main diamond - resembling a flower. Too many of my friends have gotten this and I always think its pretty ugly. Granted, I've never seen a 1.5+ stone in this setting...but maybe there's a reason for that. I think it's silly as shit to try to make the diamond look bigger surrounded completely by accent diamonds.

Again, I am probably going to go 1.5-2ct...perhaps solitaire or maybe with accents on the band. I am hoping to find it with the following parameters.

My buddy said expect to pay $2k for an appropriate and nice white gold setting with wedding ring set.

Opinions welcome...

You say no offense intended but call everybody a jack ass who got one. Thanks. My fiancé liked it, picked it and wanted it and I don't think she's a jack ass at all. In fact the total opposite. You have a way with words. It's not so much to make the diamond bigger. I think the 2carat I got her was big enough but she liked the setting and really that's all I care about. Not what others like or got.

You say no offense intended but call everybody a jack ass who got one. Thanks. My fiancé liked it, picked it and wanted it and I don't think she's a jack ass at all. In fact the total opposite. You have a way with words. It's not so much to make the diamond bigger. I think the 2carat I got her was big enough but she liked the setting and really that's all I care about. Not what others like or got.
I didn't call you or your wife a jackass. You want to spin this into something it's not? Can you post a picture of yours by any chance? I'd like to see a good sized rock in that setting.

Opinions welcome...

"No offense" lol

I'm not going to argue with you, but you called everyone a jackass.

Look in the mirror buddy.

Yes, my girl chose her setting. I guess she is jackass

vt6BTiD.jpg

Last edited:

"No offense" lol

I'm not going to argue with you, but you called everyone a jackass.

Look in the mirror buddy.

Yes, my girl chose her setting. I guess she is jackass

vt6BTiD.jpg

You guys need to change my "every jackass" quote to "every Jim, Bob, and John." I kinda mis-spoke as I had no intention of calling EVERYONE who buys a halo setting-especially members of this forum...a jackass.

That pic is pretty impressive Flexdurden.

Last edited:
You guys need to change my "every jackass" quote to "every Jim, Bob, and John. I kinda mis-spoke as I had no intention of calling EVERYONE who buys a halo setting-especially members of this forum...a jackass.

That pic is pretty impressive Flexdurden.

Think before you type brother... It's the internet

Thank you. The jeweler does custom designs, although this isn't "out of the ordinary" it is his own style.

Settings and ring sets....

So there's platinum.....which a couple years ago- everyone told me was THE way to go.

Lately, I have heard a lot about scratching that avenue and opting for white gold due to durability and perhaps even cost in the long run. My question is....does it really matter 14k white gold vs 18k white gold. For example....would there be benefits to 14k? Would it make you look like a cheap ass going for 14k over 18k? Does it even matter?

It seems THE WAY to go is buying a diamond and a setting/set separately...so while I scour different places for an optimal 1.5-2ct stone it leads me to the next question about where that rock will reside...

Looking at the attractive settings and matching wedding rings...it looks like it will be hard to find a really nice set for under 2k. Looks to be about 1700-2500 range for the SETTING and the RING.

Does this all sound about right? I am looking on Blue Nile.

If I can get a beautiful 2ct. and ring set for around 12k I will be very satisfied. That is the tentative budget.

^^^That should say 1.5 to 2ct.^^^
My mind is stuck on that 2 carat figure...like it's a fucking goal or something lol.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear