over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Rant- Wearing tank tops out

I rarely wear tanks. And when i do its only to the gym or lounge around the house.

I only wear the old school hanes white tanks as well.

Why do so many of you guys take the line of covering yourself up because you shouldn't "show off" or "seek attention"?

I'm not saying you shouldn't BB for the enjoyment of the process/fun and challenge of working out & pushing yourself/ etc. I definitely think you should do this for yourself and not to just impress people.

But in the end, you have a muscular and hopefully aesthetically-pleasing body only to do what? Stare at yourself in the mirror at home and then cover up anytime go out because god forbid you show your body off?

There was a thread not too long ago about cool compliments people on this board have received because of their builds. For MOST of us, somebody noticing you have a nice body is cool. A hot girl noticing is even cooler.

To me, there's no reason not to show off from time to time and bar isn't a bad place to do it. It's not like girls get fake boobs and then wear a loose fitting T-shirt and a couple sweaters to the bar. Just had to vent because of so many of you guys' fucking modesty. :p

I whole heatedly agree to this. Some of you guys have some serious self conscious issues (the ones that cover up intentionally) that you need to deal with especially considering these "looks and comments" are coming from people (mostly guys) that we work out and strive to avoid looking and acting like. Be yourselves and fuck what the average person thinks of you. I agree, you'll get the evil eye and called an attention whore for wearing tanks and cut off t shirts but those looks and comments stem from jealously and envy which means you're doing something or possess something they want. If that's what you want to wear fuck it....wear it and fuck them for judging you but don't stop being yourself or changing your habits to appease others. That's just sad and weak.

Almost everyone regardless of age gender and build dresses to look good or impress others. Whether its kids wearing whatever it is these days Hollister or whatever , guys wearing suits, girls in minis or halter tops whatever most people crave attention. That's just our society. Many people seek affirmation thru shall we call it fashion. I will say this if you dress a certain way whatever that way is and someone giving you a weird look makes you feel self conscious then you probably should not be wearing what you wear. But if you are confident in whatever you wear more power to ya. I might not like it but that should not matter to you

i dunno, women wear lycra everything every where, lots that shouldn't. I wear baggy everything. it conceals whatever gun I am accessorizing with that day.

I whole heatedly agree to this. Some of you guys have some serious self conscious issues (the ones that cover up intentionally) that you need to deal with especially considering these "looks and comments" are coming from people (mostly guys) that we work out and strive to avoid looking and acting like. Be yourselves and fuck what the average person thinks of you. I agree, you'll get the evil eye and called an attention whore for wearing tanks and cut off t shirts but those looks and comments stem from jealously and envy which means you're doing something or possess something they want. If that's what you want to wear fuck it....wear it and fuck them for judging you but don't stop being yourself or changing your habits to appease others. That's just sad and weak.

Yeah who cares about shirts and stupid shit like that? I get attention wherever I go no matter what I where and it has nothing to do with looking like I work out or anything.

You are the king of your world.

Small town = cover it up, Big city = show the gunz

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the narrative going on in most people's heads when they see a guy with a muscular physique wearing an obviously tight shirt or tank is "look at the narcissistic D-bag." That simply isn't the first impression I want to make.

In my experience, if you are really built like a BB'er you don't need to wear a wifebeater for people to see it. I wear nothing but XL and larger shirts and I get comments from women and questions about working out from guys all the time - and I am nowhere near the size of many on this board (6' and 230lbs and far from contest condition).

I remember my wife, on our second date and after a few drinks, just pointed at my shoulders and arms and said, "so, what the hell is going on with all this?" She had never dated any form of serious lifeter or even had one in her social circles before, so her assumptions about guys built like me were all the typical negative stereotypes. When I was single I dated lots of women like my wife, well-educated professionals, and the sad truth is that most women in this category are going to be turned off by a muscular guy who is obviously showing off.

Dress how you like, but be aware that wifebeaters, Affliction, and any shirt without sleeves scream D-bag to a large demographic in our society.

-zaosha

Anyone else get too much attention when wearing formal clothes too? I was getting really annoyed two weekends ago having to answer the "how much do you bench" question to everyone. Sure tank tops are worse for that but even a button down is a pain

Like this
2u6jofo.jpg

Why do so many of you guys take the line of covering yourself up because you shouldn't "show off" or "seek attention"?

I'm not saying you shouldn't BB for the enjoyment of the process/fun and challenge of working out & pushing yourself/ etc. I definitely think you should do this for yourself and not to just impress people.

But in the end, you have a muscular and hopefully aesthetically-pleasing body only to do what? Stare at yourself in the mirror at home and then cover up anytime go out because god forbid you show your body off?

There was a thread not too long ago about cool compliments people on this board have received because of their builds. For MOST of us, somebody noticing you have a nice body is cool. A hot girl noticing is even cooler.

To me, there's no reason not to show off from time to time and bar isn't a bad place to do it. It's not like girls get fake boobs and then wear a loose fitting T-shirt and a couple sweaters to the bar. Just had to vent because of so many of you guys' fucking modesty. :p

I agree man. Let the people who look like crap physique wise be jealous and hate. We, on the other hand, should be able to relate and not hate on someone trying to show off his physique if he has a good one. Should be like some silent bond or something

I agree with showing off the goods. But u can't choose what kind of attention u r going to get. If the drunk guy screaming steroids across the bar doesn't bother u then fuck it rock that shit bro. And trust me that shit happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree with showing off the goods. But u can't choose what kind of attention u r going to get. If the drunk guy screaming steroids across the bar doesn't bother u then fuck it rock that shit bro. And trust me that shit happens.

When that happens, you just have to milk it and have fun with it. It's the work out questions that get redundant. The jokes can be funny though

When that happens, you just have to milk it and have fun with it. It's the work out questions that get redundant. The jokes can be funny though

This is true. I always figure if someone is accusing me of using steroids then I must b doing something right.

During the summers here its hot as shit, so I will wear a tank in public....outside or in the truck.
But as soon as I go in side I throw on a baggy T-shirt.

I dont care too much either way-but Im always amazed by the guy who rolls up to the gym in 25 degree temps wearing a tank with pants on....ummm really?

If I'm at the gym I wear a muscle tank. I do not own a wife beater nor do I want to wear one(just personal preference).
Occasionally in the summer I'll wear a sleeveless tank top shirt, but it's usually at someone's home (casual outdoor get together).
If I'm out in the summer then a nice v-neck t-shirt.
I don't drink therefore I don't go to bars, however I can understand how ppl hate on a muscly guy wearing a tank Vs, a skinny kid wearing one, as it happens in my gym since they want to ban tanks.
Oh and heres the best part!!! They are in the process of removing the dumbells from 150-105 because the owner has a hardon for bigger guys (hence the muscle tank ban).

anyone who wears a tank top out (as in bar, nice restaurant) should be asked to leave

because yes, you look like a d-bag... ESPECIALLY if you are big

cmon

Last edited:
If I'm at the gym I wear a muscle tank. I do not own a wife beater nor do I want to wear one(just personal preference).
Occasionally in the summer I'll wear a sleeveless tank top shirt, but it's usually at someone's home (casual outdoor get together).
If I'm out in the summer then a nice v-neck t-shirt.
I don't drink therefore I don't go to bars, however I can understand how ppl hate on a muscly guy wearing a tank Vs, a skinny kid wearing one, as it happens in my gym since they want to ban tanks.
Oh and heres the best part!!! They are in the process of removing the dumbells from 150-105 because the owner has a hardon for bigger guys (hence the muscle tank ban).

That is fucking G-H-E-Y!!!!

while we are on this topic,

what's with all these guys with the t shirts that have the sleeves purposely torn off? like it starts from the shoulder and all the way down to the stomach/hip area

I think this phenomenon is related to imaginary lat syndrome--the guys that wear those shirts expect their lats to grow into those giant holes they cut out--and soon.

If I'm at the gym I wear a muscle tank.

I wear tanks on shoulder or chest days so I can see what I'm working that day. I don't see any problem with tanks at a gym--if for no other reason than to stay cool while working out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws