over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Rant- Wearing tank tops out

Wear whatever makes you comfortable man. Just know there are double standards whether we like it or not. It is what it is.

To all the guys acting like wearing a tank is some sort of douche move for muscular guys, I dont get it??

We shoot drugs daily, eat on a set schedule, spend hours in the gym every week, spend thousands of dollars every year to look the way we do and yet we're suppose to wear baggy clothes and stay covered up because of it? Fuck that.

Of course there are the cocky fuckers that are going to wear tight fitting clothes just to stroke their ego and gain attention to themselves who in turn makes everyone else with muscles look bad. But for us half way humble guys - wear what you want and fuck what anyone else has to say about it. Just cuz your arms are exposed doesn't mean you're some sort of attention whore - Its been 100 degrees out in my area for God's sake. Strip down all you want!

I wear tanks on shoulder or chest days so I can see what I'm working that day. I don't see any problem with tanks at a gym--if for no other reason than to stay cool while working out.

I'll either wear a tank or a sleeveless shirt when working out, except leg day I will have on a tshirt

I only wear tank tops under another shirt. I live in AZ and we are going on 10 days straight of record breaking temps 110+. I always wear an undershirt to absorb the sweat. I would rather look cool and be hot :cool:
It doesn't bother me when guys that look like they work out wear them. It's the ones with 12" arms and 40" waists that wear them that confuse me :confused:
Beside I don't feel like I'm quite big enough to wear a tank comfortably. Maybe when I get as big as you guys I'll change my mind. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone else get too much attention when wearing formal clothes too? I was getting really annoyed two weekends ago having to answer the "how much do you bench" question to everyone. Sure tank tops are worse for that but even a button down is a pain

Like this
2u6jofo.jpg

I pretty much never wear formal clothes...but whenever I have....my chest is gigantic....and those kind of shirts seem to make it all the more prominent.

Well, the narrative going on in most people's heads when they see a guy with a muscular physique wearing an obviously tight shirt or tank is "look at the narcissistic D-bag." That simply isn't the first impression I want to make.

In my experience, if you are really built like a BB'er you don't need to wear a wifebeater for people to see it. I wear nothing but XL and larger shirts and I get comments from women and questions about working out from guys all the time - and I am nowhere near the size of many on this board (6' and 230lbs and far from contest condition).

I remember my wife, on our second date and after a few drinks, just pointed at my shoulders and arms and said, "so, what the hell is going on with all this?" She had never dated any form of serious lifeter or even had one in her social circles before, so her assumptions about guys built like me were all the typical negative stereotypes. When I was single I dated lots of women like my wife, well-educated professionals, and the sad truth is that most women in this category are going to be turned off by a muscular guy who is obviously showing off.

Dress how you like, but be aware that wifebeaters, Affliction, and any shirt without sleeves scream D-bag to a large demographic in our society.

-zaosha

Totally agree! I get that people work hard to build a great body and want to show it off, it's human nature. Yes, people will mock and glare at you and say you are a conceited douche. I see this all the time where guys feel they have to walk around in tank tops or cannot own a shirt that isn't skin tight or have cut off sleeves.... This makes you look like a giant douche bag to 99% of the population, so it you are doing it cause you think you look great and need to show it off - what's the point as almost every female out there dislikes this look! I train alot of bbers for shows and also have many guys I help out that are national level and IFBB Pros and I find it funny that most of the top level guys do not do this! You can dress up and look classy and if you have a great physique, people can still see it in a button up shirt or normal t-shirt.
It is usually the gym rats or weekend warriors that feel they need to wear a tank top everywhere they go, thinking they are impressing someone. It makes people paint us all with the same brush - douche bag color!

Oh and the whole...... "it's hot out, I need to wear a tank top", a tank makes you sweat less??? When it's hot out wearing a shirt with sleeves will not make you feel more hot!

it has more to do with how you carry yourself than what youre wearing. i wear tanks in public and i act the same way everyone else does. i wore one to summer slaughter last friday and got tons of positive comments.. its probably because i didnt puff my chest out and collapse a lung from flexing every muscle in my body like i see even slightly above average people do.

Totally agree! I get that people work hard to build a great body and want to show it off, it's human nature. Yes, people will mock and glare at you and say you are a conceited douche. I see this all the time where guys feel they have to walk around in tank tops or cannot own a shirt that isn't skin tight or have cut off sleeves.... This makes you look like a giant douche bag to 99% of the population, so it you are doing it cause you think you look great and need to show it off - what's the point as almost every female out there dislikes this look! I train alot of bbers for shows and also have many guys I help out that are national level and IFBB Pros and I find it funny that most of the top level guys do not do this! You can dress up and look classy and if you have a great physique, people can still see it in a button up shirt or normal t-shirt.
It is usually the gym rats or weekend warriors that feel they need to wear a tank top everywhere they go, thinking they are impressing someone. It makes people paint us all with the same brush - douche bag color!

Idk what world you live in but my past 2 girlfriends and all her friends liked it when a guy with good arms showed them off.

As far as all your other comments, what the hell is wrong with it if a muscular guy likes to wear tanks out as well as classy clothes?? Theres a time and place for everything!

Oh and the whole...... "it's hot out, I need to wear a tank top", a tank makes you sweat less??? When it's hot out wearing a shirt with sleeves will not make you feel more hot!

ummm yeah sometimes a tank is much more comfortable actually lol

Funny thing is I dont even wear tanks that often, I just dont get some of you guy's mind set here. Some of you sure seemed to get so worked up over something as silly as a muscular guy choosing to wear a damn tank out during the summer :rolleyes:

do a workout where you sweat completely through your shirt in 110 weather....THEN do the same workout with less shirt on.....and try to tell us this again....it's bs....less shirt = less hot

do a workout where you sweat completely through your shirt in 110 weather....THEN do the same workout with less shirt on.....and try to tell us this again....it's bs....less shirt = less hot

And not to mention whats more comfortable - sweat drenched tshirt or sweat drenched light tank top?

I guess we're just delusional douche bags lol

Some of you sure seemed to get so worked up over something as silly as a muscular guy choosing to wear a damn tank out during the summer :rolleyes:

It doesn't get me worked up at all. And I don't judge someone muscular as being a D-bag if they wear a tank top. I have spent almost 20 years in gyms and have met some great guys and some total D-bags, just like every other environment which draws a diverse group of people.

However, for most people who have no connection with serious lifters it does look narcissistic. To give an example, I live in Nashville now and it stays hot and humid for a lot of the year and I see guys with their shirts off all the time. Running, playing sports, doing yard work, etc. However, these guys all range from fat to maybe mediocre-level crossfit physiques. If I were to go shirtless in the same circumstances I would draw a lot more attention and people would assume I was doing it expressly for that purpose.

I have no desire to draw attention to myself, much less negative attention, so I stick with regular ass shirts.

-zaosha

I am one of those tools that sports a tanks often in the summer. I live with a business-casual dress code at work. But in this 95-105 degree weather, once I leave the office, it is usually a tank, shorts and sandals. I am commonly seen out with the wife for lunch at casual restaurants, on patios or sports bars in a tank top. I may get an occasional positive comment, but for the most part people don’t seem to get too alarmed. Maybe its because of my age that pelple don't seem to care?
For more formal dining I’ll usual throw a button-up on over the top. I try to keep something in the vehicle or in the saddlebag just in case we stop somewhere that I feel it’s needed. After reading this thread I may be more self-conscious in the future :headbang:

As a general rule, the true D-bags are not the guys wearing them in 110 degree weather; the true D-bags are the ones still rocking them in the winter.

-zaosha

I would never wear a tank top out, maybe if I'm doing some running around and it's hot or I'm going to a picnic/bbq that is outside because then a t-shirt is just way too hot and I would sweat through it anyways. If you're big enough a 2XL/3XL will show plenty and you won't have to deal with them telling you to put a t-shirt on. Plus I know I get tired of seeing 180 pound guys walking around in tank tops with ILS

other than my wife, I dont see too many women with implants wearing baggy shirts. And that is OK with me.

I guess I have a double standard for myself. Being as awesome as I am.

And Alphamaledawg - you look like a blue chicken. Cover up boy!!!

It doesn't get me worked up at all. And I don't judge someone muscular as being a D-bag if they wear a tank top. I have spent almost 20 years in gyms and have met some great guys and some total D-bags, just like every other environment which draws a diverse group of people.

However, for most people who have no connection with serious lifters it does look narcissistic. To give an example, I live in Nashville now and it stays hot and humid for a lot of the year and I see guys with their shirts off all the time. Running, playing sports, doing yard work, etc. However, these guys all range from fat to maybe mediocre-level crossfit physiques. If I were to go shirtless in the same circumstances I would draw a lot more attention and people would assume I was doing it expressly for that purpose.
I have no desire to draw attention to myself, much less negative attention, so I stick with regular ass shirts.

-zaosha

When I walk the dogs in the am & pm, I don't wear a shirt. Because I feel it is my duty to give all the house wifes in the neigborhood a thrill :rolleyes:, at least that is what my wife thinks. It is actually total laziness; I don't want to wash 2 extra shirts everyday!

I am one of those tools that sports a tanks often in the summer. I live with a business-casual dress code at work. But in this 95-105 degree weather, once I leave the office, it is usually a tank, shorts and sandals. I am commonly seen out with the wife for lunch at casual restaurants, on patios or sports bars in a tank top. I may get an occasional positive comment, but for the most part people don’t seem to get too alarmed. Maybe its because of my age that pelple don't seem to care?
For more formal dining I’ll usual throw a button-up on over the top. I try to keep something in the vehicle or in the saddlebag just in case we stop somewhere that I feel it’s needed. After reading this thread I may be more self-conscious in the future :headbang:

Off with his fucking head!!

When I walk the dogs in the am & pm, I don't wear a shirt. Because I feel it is my duty to give all the house wifes in the neigborhood a thrill :rolleyes:, at least that is what my wife thinks. It is actually total laziness; I don't want to wash 2 extra shirts everyday!

MILF patrol. Tell your wife whatever you wish, but come on, don't lie to us.

MILF patrol. Tell your wife whatever you wish, but come on, don't lie to us.

Shhhhh Coach!
She's listening
I always tell her they are looking at the dogs!

I don't have a problem with guys wearing tank tops in general and of course it's fine to wear at the gym or mowing your lawn ect... People are jealouls of a guy with a great physique as well as a female that looks amazing, so yes it is unfair that other out of shape unattractive people can get away with it to a certain degree, I just saying it annoys me when some guys think they can only wear a tank top cause they look good and feel everyone needs to know it! There is definetly a time and place for it. And yes Jay there are some women that like the look, however they may like the look but be totally turned off by the way a guy dresses to show it off. My wife is a IFBB Pro and yes she likes guys that are built, but not guys that think they need to go out for supper or out to a club ect in a tank top.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131