YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Reliable place to get a good deal on luxury watches?

Funny thing is I am not a watch guy. Other than looking nice for special events, I believe it is a complete waste of money. It is nothing I derive pleasure from, therefore I cannot justify its cost....Unlike an expensive vehicle. At a least a car gives me joy.

TBH, their price on Rolex is on par with local shops in my area. Was considering a Rolex for the wife this Xmas.

Yeah, I noticed that at least the ones I was looking at don't have a separate retail price listed. They must be an authorized dealer. You cant mess around with prices much when you are a dealer for anything or you risk losing your accreditation.

Funny thing is I am not a watch guy. Other than looking nice for special events, I believe it is a complete waste of money. It is nothing I derive pleasure from, therefore I cannot justify its cost....Unlike an expensive vehicle. At a least a car gives me joy.

I didn't mind spending just a bit over $300 for mine. It is an automatic so will never need a battery and is good quality. It should last me a good long time. Looks good too and is comfortable. I was wearing a Tisot that I bought used at a pawn shop but it went bad. It was constantly losing time.

The Hamilton I have has an 80 hour power reserve on it too. It is very accurate. As far as accuracy though you are better off just buying a cheap quartz watch.

I didn't mind spending just a bit over $300 for mine. It is an automatic so will never need a battery and is good quality. It should last me a good long time. Looks good too and is comfortable.
I wear a ~$300 Citizen that I paid less than $200 for on eBay. Between the 6 months of "falling back" to "springing forward" my watch is within 5 seconds of being dead on the money. I'd like to get a more expensive watch, but I know that I'll be disappointed if I pay a lot more and the accuracy isn't as good.

FWIW, I have divers watch with rotating bezel. I often use the bezel to count time between sets, or if you've ever done a LOT of sets (8x8 or 10x10 type protocols), I used the bezel to help me keep count of which set I'm on ;)

I wear a ~$300 Citizen that I paid less than $200 for on eBay. Between the 6 months of "falling back" to "springing forward" my watch is within 5 seconds of being dead on the money. I'd like to get a more expensive watch, but I know that I'll be disappointed if I pay a lot more and the accuracy isn't as good.

FWIW, I have divers watch with rotating bezel. I often use the bezel to count time between sets, or if you've ever done a LOT of sets (8x8 or 10x10 type protocols), I used the bezel to help me keep count of which set I'm on ;)

Is the Citizen a solar powered one? I had a kinetic Seiko once and on both types of watch, both quartz, you have to eventually replace the battery and when you go to do that it is very expensive. At that point you might as well buy a new watch. I found a local place to do mine for about $75, but if you go through Citizen or a big place it will likely cost close to $200. After that watch I just went to automatic so I don't ever have to worry about a battery.

Big A wears a Casio ;)

I believe it lol. My dad’s best friend is incredibly wealthy (prob worth $500 million or so) and he wears no jewelry and drives either a little Mazda SUV or a little Lexus SUV. Both cars are the basic package with no bells and whistles.

Is the Citizen a solar powered one?
They call it their Eco Drive, but yes it's powered by light.

I believe it lol. My dad’s best friend is incredibly wealthy (prob worth $500 million or so) and he wears no jewelry and drives either a little Mazda SUV or a little Lexus SUV. Both cars are the basic package with no bells and whistles.
$500 million?!?!

Well this doesn't apply to him, but have you ever read The Millionaire Next Door? It mentions how the "average" millionaire is not like your dad's friend, Warren Buffet, or Sam Walton & family. The most common millionaire is a guy who often owns his own small business, lives on a lot less than he makes, and wears $100 watches and $300 suits.

My wife's grandpa was an electrician at GE during the late 60's through early 90's (her grandmother didn't work so they were a "single income" family). He worked ALL of the overtime that he could get; they lived on a lot less than then he made; and of course, he participated in much of the "good times" with GE's CEO Jack Welch; but he was worth $4MM before the market turned in 2000. When he died a few years later, his kids still split $2MM.

They call it their Eco Drive, but yes it's powered by light.

$500 million?!?!

Well this doesn't apply to him, but have you ever read The Millionaire Next Door? It mentions how the "average" millionaire is not like your dad's friend, Warren Buffet, or Sam Walton & family. The most common millionaire is a guy who often owns his own small business, lives on a lot less than he makes, and wears $100 watches and $300 suits.

My wife's grandpa was an electrician at GE during the late 60's through early 90's (her grandmother didn't work so they were a "single income" family). He worked ALL of the overtime that he could get; they lived on a lot less than then he made; and of course, he participated in much of the "good times" with GE's CEO Jack Welch; but he was worth $4MM before the market turned in 2000. When he died a few years later, his kids still split $2MM.

Very good read!
Sam Walden lived Far below his means, a great example of this book.

For those who have not read the book, it’s basically a study and report of wealthy people. The vast majority of wealthy people DON’T spend $$ on luxury items.

The people that you see and think are wealthy usually aren’t, because there spending their earnings, vs investing them.

We’re talking first generation wealth.

Truly wealthy people don’t drive new luxury cars or buy extravagant watches; Rolex.

Wealth isn’t what you earn, it’s what you have invested,.......

Last edited:
Rich is having money and a lot of payments on all the things you have. If the money dries up all the stuff goes away.

Wealth is being able to sustain your lifestyle indefinitely. If the money dries up nothing changes.

New Hamilton Ventura

Just picked up a new Hamilton for Christmas. They call it the Elvis watch because he wore it in the 1961 movie Blue Hawaii. I guess Will Smith wore it too in Men in Black. Really different style from anything I have ever owned. Jomashop.com has some great prices for Christmas.

Attachments

• Elivs-Hamilton-Ventura.jpg
    Elivs-Hamilton-Ventura.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
Hamilton Ventura

Takes a minute to get used to telling time on it.

Attachments

• 20171220_134320small.jpg
    20171220_134320small.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Takes a minute to get used to telling time on it.
I really like the styling of that. I might have to tell the wife I was lying when I told her I didn't want anything for Christmas...and see about a late Christmas gift!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

There is an eBay store that I use called chrono store. They have a 30 day return policy no questions asked and you can make an offer on their watches listed with a buy it now price. I bought two breitlings from them for very reasonable prices and they come with a in house warranty.

There is an eBay store that I use called chrono store. They have a 30 day return policy no questions asked and you can make an offer on their watches listed with a buy it now price. I bought two breitlings from them for very reasonable prices and they come with a in house warranty.

Nice. I know that Jomashop has I think it is a 2 yr warranty and believe they also have a 30 day return policy. If I buy another watch I will be sure to check out the chrono store. thanks.

Joe Rogan ravs about some brand before the new podcasts. I cant remember the name.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear