over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Savage died from an enlarged heart.

ironone1

FOUNDING Member / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wondering if there was any link to roids? I know high blood pressure from the massive amounts of gear that he was on could have contributed to it. Besides heredity, what do ya'll think may have caused it? RIP Randy..

Was it a factor? Sure.... But so was cociane, opiate abuse, stress, untreated hypertension, poor diet, over training, God knows what other drugs he was doing. The professional wrestling life style is just as bad as professional bodybuilding as far as health goes in my opinion.

Actually...it's probably a much worse lifestyle. How many bodybuilders are dropping dead in their 40s-50s? I'm not sure, but TONS of professional wrestlers are.

Was it a factor? Sure.... But so was cociane, opiate abuse, stress, untreated hypertension, poor diet, over training, God knows what other drugs he was doing. The professional wrestling life style is just as bad as professional bodybuilding as far as health goes in my opinion.

yes, lots of androgens = high hematocrit, high hematocrit= very viscus blood, very viscus blood = the heart straining to pump the blood, the heart straining to pump the blood against the pressures we put our heart through while lifting weights = left ventricle hypertrophy

savage shoveled so much coke up hisnose over the years..... and guess what, thats a much bigger cause of LVH than AAS.

savage shoveled so much coke up hisnose over the years..... and guess what, thats a much bigger cause of LVH than AAS.

Good point, I'm sure a combo of the two blew his heart out. Fucked up...

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

after over a decade in the business... you know things

and shit... the wwf locker room in the 80s... it was uppers to get you going for the show and the drives, downers to sleep, uppers to keep going and whatever helps the pain.

after over a decade in the business... you know things

and shit... the wwf locker room in the 80s... it was uppers to get you going for the show and the drives, downers to sleep, uppers to keep going and whatever helps the pain.

So you were a worker? Still a worker? Indies? Majors?

Was, tried to go back... stopped again... mostly spent my time behind the scenes.

and trust me, I have nothing but love for Savage. He was a great guy, an amazing worker and a legend. But the fact is, AAS was less of a contributing factor than the history of other things. combined probably made it worse and that has held true for almost every death in wrestling minus Johnny Grunge (sleep apnea) and Benoit (suicide). It's just the nature of the business, nothing to be upset about....

That said I'm AMAZED hogan is still alive....

of course if you want a different source

**broken link removed**

"Savage married two times but had no children. He first got married in 1994 to Elizabeth Ann Hulette, who alter became his valet in WWF. They divorced in 1992 and Hulette died due to an overdose in 2003. Savage was a recovered alcoholic and cocaine user."

Last edited:
RIP Macho Man. One of the greatest and pioneers!

and trust me, I have nothing but love for Savage. He was a great guy, an amazing worker and a legend. But the fact is, AAS was less of a contributing factor than the history of other things. combined probably made it worse and that has held true for almost every death in wrestling minus Johnny Grunge (sleep apnea) and Benoit (suicide). It's just the nature of the business, nothing to be upset about....

**broken link removed**

"Savage married two times but had no children. He first got married in 1994 to Elizabeth Ann Hulette, who alter became his valet in WWF. They divorced in 1992 and Hulette died due to an overdose in 2003. Savage was a recovered alcoholic and cocaine user."

I thought Johnny Grunge was on massive amounts of hydrocodone and the same for roco roc who died. Mike Awesome was suicide I thought, can't think of any others. Umaga just died, wonder what from?

Just wondering if there was any link to roids? I know high blood pressure from the massive amounts of gear that he was on could have contributed to it. Besides heredity, what do ya'll think may have caused it? RIP Randy..

Its hard to say what caused this,,,could have just been a genetic trait for all we know.

Nobody has mentioned this, but I believe his father actually died of a heart attack at ringside during one of his matches. Something like that. Not saying he didnt take alot of crap over the years too..

Once I listened to an episode of the Howard Stern show in which the guest was the Iron Sheik (for those not in the know he was a professional wrestler of that era who pimped a cape and a russian theme). He was obviously heavily intoxicated and he trashed Randy Savage mercifully. He was carrying on about Savage being a dirty jew (his words not mine) who always smoked his weed and snorted his coke. He seemed to dumb to be a liar. This is just another incident of the 24hr news industry attaching a buzz word to a story. Who knows what did the guy in. As others stated above, his entire lifestyle, including AAS, is probably to blame.

just wondering what is the treatment for an enlarged heart? I know that LVH will sometimes reverse itself and go back down to regular if endurance and highly stressful exercise are stopped for several months

**broken link removed**

The Von Erichs were all suicide, I'm sure there were others that I can't think of off the top of my head..

It's worst then Pro Bodybuilding and this I would know

In my opinion, it can happen to anyone. I hate when so called usually self appointed medical professionals appoint an athletes enlarged heart defects to anabolic use. It has been proven that even individuals who work out without the use of anabolics have an increased risk of heart attack because either way the heart will enlarge due to increased blood flow. We're all destined to die, and I don't know about anyone else but i'd rather die doing what I love. Bury me a g with some test in my casket dammitt haha!!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws