over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar at UFC 106

How do you know what knowledge any of the people in this post have? Have you actually measured Carwin yourself...You may be absolutely correct, BUT chill out with the attitude! All any of us know about the guy is what is listed as his stats.

Sherdog has his height at 6'4". Fight Finder - Shane Carwin's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

Fighters.com has him at 6'4'' **broken link removed**

TopGunMMA.com has him at 6'4" **broken link removed**

ESPN has him at 6'3" Shane Carwin Fight Results and Bio - MMA - ESPN

MixedMartialArts.com has him at 6'2 **broken link removed**

As far as his weight goes, when I saw him fight (yes, I was there) on June 6, 2006 at Extreme Wars 3, Bay Area Brawl, they announced his weight at 290lbs - It's listed as 285lbs on this link **broken link removed**

Im calm its just funny when you use hyped up number from small shows and not real ones from ther UFC (when he was tested) He lost a fair amount of size, which would account for a 25-30lb loss). He was reall thick when he 1st started.
Does it really matter? We are debating two friking big dudes? It should be a good fight.

Im calm its just funny when you use hyped up number from small shows and not real ones from ther UFC (when he was tested) He lost a fair amount of size, which would account for a 25-30lb loss). He was reall thick when he 1st started.
Does it really matter? We are debating two friking big dudes? It should be a good fight.

Thanks for being calm :D I wasn't trying to get an argument started. I know he's not that big anymore, I was just pointing out that he's been a big strong guy in his career (and still is). Official UFC stats have them almost identicle; Carwin is listed at 6'3" 262lbs **broken link removed** and Lesnar is listed at 6'3" 265lbs UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship. I think Carwin is a good opponent for Brock, but they both still have a long way to go in their development as fighters. If Carwin does beat Brock, I don't know how successful he'll be at keeping the title. Like I said, I think Shane is a good opponent for Brock and it's a fight I've been hoping would happen.

Thanks for being calm :D I wasn't trying to get an argument started. I know he's not that big anymore, I was just pointing out that he's been a big strong guy in his career (and still is). Official UFC stats have them almost identicle; Carwin is listed at 6'3" 262lbs **broken link removed** and Lesnar is listed at 6'3" 265lbs UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship. I think Carwin is a good opponent for Brock, but they both still have a long way to go in their development as fighters. If Carwin does beat Brock, I don't know how successful he'll be at keeping the title. Like I said, I think Shane is a good opponent for Brock and it's a fight I've been hoping would happen.

Carwin's size has been overstated a bit. Someone on the Sherdog forums did a comparison of Carwin to a bunch of fighter's in photos. He is only about 6' 1". LIke the last poster said, unlike Brock, he doesn't cut to make 265. I guess we won't fully know until they hit weigh-ins. Hopefully he gives Brock a good fight.

im sorry but im stopping the lesnar ball-licker-train.
hes a POS in my opinion, i have been around this sport too long to jump on this bullshit parade lol. just because there isnt anyone in the weight class but has beens does NOT make brock the best. with that comment i wrap up my reply and please internet tough guys, keep the pu$$y trash talking to yourselves, i really dont care.
frk

so in an open discussion about an upcoming fight if you state who you think will win you're a ball licker?

I just think he is gonna win.

It could go either way. I like them both because they both are wrestlers.

Carwin does look smaller since being in the UFC.

so in an open discussion about an upcoming fight if you state who you think will win you're a ball licker?

I just think he is gonna win.

:D

I Just Hope that Carwin can either make Lesnar stand up and fight OR Put Him on his back. If he can do either of these two things I would be impressed and it should make it a good fight. From the Qoute someone posted I do Like the guys attitude!

carwin will beat Brock although i dont see Dana allowing that to happen after all the money he has put into Lesnar at this point. i think mma is headed down the road professional boxing has ended up on. when you dump money into specific people then they cant afford for them to loose.

I also hope that Carwin can keep it on the feet & test Brock's chin

:D

I Just Hope that Carwin can either make Lesnar stand up and fight OR Put Him on his back. If he can do either of these two things I would be impressed and it should make it a good fight. From the Qoute someone posted I do Like the guys attitude!

Right...my Hope is that it is a real fight this time...at least these guys are closer matched in physical weight and height.

i have carwin winning this one for a few reasons:

1) he has an awesome chin, and lesnar can't punch.

2) when lesnar shoots, he leads with his face. carwin will surely train for that.

3) carwin hits like a sledge hammer. even if he doesn't knock him cold with a clean shot, he'll put him on queer street. i think that will give carwin an opportunity to finish him.

4) i dislike lesnar, so i want carwin to shut him up and send him home.:)

Lesnar cant punch ? Dude............. try convincing Couture that Lesnar cant punch. Maybe you didnt see Lesnar take the title with a straight right that put Randy flat on his butt and followed up with hammer fists til the fight was called. Lesnar CAN punch and he hits hard.

You beat me to that response! He hits all right....like a truck. Carwin is going to be very surprised when he gets hit that first time.

This is the fight I've been wanting. Now, first up, none of us can know truly how strong each guy is, as none of us have rolled with either one. Lesnar looks to be "Country boy" strong. The kind that just comes naturally.

Carwin's wrestling skills are up to par with Lesnar's. I think overall, Carwin is the better fighter. Let me rephrase, the more complete fighter. If Carwin can match Brock's strength, I think he's winning this fight. Shane needs to drill the hell out of his Jiu Jitsu. This is Brock's weakspot. We've yet to see a sub attemp by Lesnar. Brock has taken backs multiple times only to just look lost. Granted his GnP is there, but no sub attempts at all???? Brock's punching power is there. His right hand put Herring on his rump. A fighter with a lesser chin would have been done and out.

Carwin can negate Brock's wrestling, but can he negate Brock's ground control??? That's the question. Of course, that's a big if saying the fight makes it to that point, which is most likely will. We all know Carwin is a big mofo, but so is Lesnar.

People bag on Lesnar for being a pro wrestler, but what a lot of fans don't know is that Lesnar for the last few years of his wrestling career were in Japan working for New Japan Pro Wrestling. The guy held the IWGP title. That is not an easy championship to attain. The Japanese style is stiff and strong. Brock is used to stiff punches, kicks, etc.

Im hoping and praying Carwin via TKO!!!

Carwin has a chin....he took a pretty good pounding from Gonzaga and never went down. And Carwin also KO'ed Gonzaga with a stiff right. No body action or follow through. Just a quick punch pop! Down went Gonzaga. Check it out on U tube. It will be a goog fight. And check Carwins stats. A champion wrestler just like Brock. Carwin has lost some size, but who cares? He won't gas out as easy with less muscle. I hope he teaches Brock a lesson. Only time will tell.

I agree with you.
The one thing most people that are following Lesnar dont get is he is trying to be marketed to both side so you either like him or hate him, which put more backsides in the seat and PPV$ Because now your want to either see him win or lose really bad.
Both fighter are missing a fair about to be called complete fighter, but to call one better then another will come down to that given night. I dont think the fight will stay standing long with Lesnar taking Carwin down. The question is can he keep him there? Dont know, but if he cant then I give it to Carwin tagging him sometime in the second round when Lesnar hand start to drop.

if this is a real fight meaning the fight is not predetermined by the powers that be then lesnar doesnt have a chance. carwin will win. carwin is an amped up way better version of lesner. if this fight is predetermined then we all know who will win. lesnar will because of the money already poured into him and he is way more likely to fill way more seats in the upcoming ppv's.
sad but it is a reality that money is ruining all sports and mma isnt any different.

if this is a real fight meaning the fight is not predetermined by the powers that be then lesnar doesnt have a chance. carwin will win. carwin is an amped up way better version of lesner. if this fight is predetermined then we all know who will win. lesnar will because of the money already poured into him and he is way more likely to fill way more seats in the upcoming ppv's.
sad but it is a reality that money is ruining all sports and mma isnt any different.

You are joking i hope???
You think these fight are some how staged?? LOL
I dont even know where to start!!

i have carwin winning this one for a few reasons:

1) he has an awesome chin, and lesnar can't punch.

2) when lesnar shoots, he leads with his face. carwin will surely train for that.

3) carwin hits like a sledge hammer. even if he doesn't knock him cold with a clean shot, he'll put him on queer street. i think that will give carwin an opportunity to finish him.

4) i dislike lesnar, so i want carwin to shut him up and send him home.:)

You must have not watched Lesners fights to say he cant punch because he sure can . He knocked down both Mir ( easily in the first fight and Heath Herring and stopped Randy Couture with strikes , he just hasn't been hit by somebody like Carwin . I don't like Lesner either and hope he loses , and feel Carwin stands a good chance because of his power , grappling skills and it looked like he hardly blinked when Gonzada broke his nose .

Typically I have a lot to say as I love love love MMA but this fight I don't care who wins I just look so forward to two titans tossing each other around the ring so much I am giddy!

This is the fight I've been wanting. Now, first up, none of us can know truly how strong each guy is, as none of us have rolled with either one. Lesnar looks to be "Country boy" strong. The kind that just comes naturally.

Carwin's wrestling skills are up to par with Lesnar's. I think overall, Carwin is the better fighter.!

I think Lesnar was a Div1 Champ and Carwin was a Div2 Champ.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131