over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT/ Subaru Forester vs Pickup truck.

A former military friend bought a subaru a couple years ago. They still owe 8k. Transmission is dead and the dealership he got it from is telling him "Sorry about that. You want to buy another one?" Zero assistance.

He's not the only one I know with similar issues. Subaru as a brand is trash now but to be fair, most cars on the road have been close to garbage tier for a long time now and I think most people would agree on that. A lot of people have a good memory/first impression of something and no matter what happens, they keep going back for more.

Brand loyalty in general is not smart.

Toyota 4 runner for sure. I lived in central Oregon for 15 years, 4 runner never had any issues in the snow and ice. Drove over the pass to the coast almost every weekend. Deep snow, ice did not matter.

I am moving to the tundras, and coincidentally have to change my vehicle.

given snow I was considering pick up trucks but love the safety and value of a Subaru.

If safety, convenience in snowy weather, and value were your priorities which one would you choose?

I can’t barely get a used pick up for 18,000$ (Most of them have 95k plus miles) , while I can get. A brand new forester close to 27k.

At the same time I feel like pick up truck may handle itself better in heavy snow, and forester may be pretty good but not great.

and most important of all, hope it never happens, but if u r in a wreck which one would be the best safety ? Forester has a top pick from the safety institute in its class
So I had a Tundra got my hands on a XLT F-150 ecoboost and am blown away absolutely fucking love it plus us bigger guys nothing beats a truck. My Tundra was tuned TRD said I’d never not Tundra and the Ford blows the doors off it on and off road. I assumed Subaru were great vehicles and my wife’s boss hit a deer at low speed and it burst into flames so I looked a road and their safety seems hyped, I know this if I got into a wreck with a Forrester they’d be totally fucked, not scientific but reality is life.

Seems li
A former military friend bought a subaru a couple years ago. They still owe 8k. Transmission is dead and the dealership he got it from is telling him "Sorry about that. You want to buy another one?" Zero assistance.

He's not the only one I know with similar issues. Subaru as a brand is trash now but to be fair, most cars on the road have been close to garbage tier for a long time now and I think most people would agree on that. A lot of people have a good memory/first impression of something and no matter what happens, they keep going back for more.

Brand loyalty in general is not smart

I think Subaru took a hit when Toyota acquired controlling interest. After that it seems things went downhill. I had a 2004 Forester XT and it was great.

that does not apply at all to the Wrangler, if it wasn’t for their novelty appeal and cult following nobody in their right mind would drive one.

You’ll see, it won’t take long and you’ll remember me telling you this!
I've had three Cherokees and two Wranglers. All 1995-2003, all 4.0L inline 6 with suspension lift and 35" AT tires with full spare. They run forever, in 4WD will go over anything. There's a reason they use them for rock crawling. Novelty appeal....cult following... there's a reason for that following and appeal. Kept up properly, they'll leave any of the other hymens you mentioned stranded. In snow and rough terrain I don't go to my F150. I climb into the Wrangler. It's 4,000lbs of steel and traction.

I've had three Cherokees and two Wranglers. All 1995-2003, all 4.0L inline 6 with suspension lift and 35" AT tires with full spare. They run forever, in 4WD will go over anything. There's a reason they use them for rock crawling. Novelty appeal....cult following... there's a reason for that following and appeal. Kept up properly, they'll leave any of the other hymens you mentioned stranded. In snow and rough terrain I don't go to my F150. I climb into the Wrangler. It's 4,000lbs of steel and traction.
I have a rule about older jeeps..if it isn’t a 4.0 and manual…I don’t buy it

I have a 97 Land Cruiser I know all about crawling brother. We're talking about a daily driver and the newer jeeps....

These names stick around forever. Controlling interests do not. My gf parents both bought new cars 3 years ago. They are Ford fans. Basically their go to when they buy a car.

They bought an F150 and an explorer, both cars they've owned multiple times. The explorer was down 3 or 4 times in 5 months. Weeks lost sitting at the dealership while they had to eat the cost of a rental. The F150 had some issues too but not as bad. 3 years later and both cars seem to be working as intended...

I asked if they looked into reviews and ofc they didnt. Why would they? Ford has always been reliable to them. A cursory glance at reviews would show to 100% skip the explorer that year completely but brand loyalty wins again. I remember for years that subaru and even scions were great cars. Then toward 2013 it was obvious scions were being built with less of an emphasis on quality. Scions are a dead brand now and were also owned by toyota who have a very good reputation in general.

Buying a car is no longer as simple as looking at brand or model and pulling the trigger knowing it's going to do what you want. Save maybe an accord or a camry but ive been noticing way less of those on the roads too so maybe not.

Seems li

I think Subaru took a hit when Toyota acquired controlling interest. After that it seems things went downhill. I had a 2004 Forester XT and it was great.

I am predjudiced for trucks as they are all i have bought for 30 years as they fit my life stye better.

I have a rule about older jeeps..if it isn’t a 4.0 and manual…I don’t buy it
5 Jeeps, all 4.0s

edit: 5 jeeps, 2 trucks, many cars, 3 motorcycles.

Currently, 1 Jeep, 1 Ford truck (really just for hauling shit), there's the car I gave my wife, and my son's vette that I expect back even though he's trashing it.

Last edited:
5 Jeeps, all 4.0s
My 76 CJ 5 was an in-line 6 but I don’t remember if it was a 4.0 it was a 4 speed manual. Bullet proof fucking Jeep I think it was just Dana 30 or 35s but I could drag over small stumps etc in deep mud no sweat.

My 76 CJ 5 was an in-line 6 but I don’t remember if it was a 4.0 it was a 4 speed manual. Bullet proof fucking Jeep I think it was just Dana 30 or 35s but I could drag over small stumps etc in deep mud no sweat.
In those days it was a 258. They didn't talk in cc's and liters. But that's a 4.2L today so definitely no slouch. Engines then not much bigger then your Jeep powered some pretty heavy vehicles. The first Z28 Camaros had a 302 engine in them.

These names stick around forever. Controlling interests do not. My gf parents both bought new cars 3 years ago. They are Ford fans. Basically their go to when they buy a car.

They bought an F150 and an explorer, both cars they've owned multiple times. The explorer was down 3 or 4 times in 5 months. Weeks lost sitting at the dealership while they had to eat the cost of a rental. The F150 had some issues too but not as bad. 3 years later and both cars seem to be working as intended...

I asked if they looked into reviews and ofc they didnt. Why would they? Ford has always been reliable to them. A cursory glance at reviews would show to 100% skip the explorer that year completely but brand loyalty wins again. I remember for years that subaru and even scions were great cars. Then toward 2013 it was obvious scions were being built with less of an emphasis on quality. Scions are a dead brand now and were also owned by toyota who have a very good reputation in general.

Buying a car is no longer as simple as looking at brand or model and pulling the trigger knowing it's going to do what you want. Save maybe an accord or a camry but ive been noticing way less of those on the roads too so maybe not.
And the branding isn't always as clear as it could be either. Scions were Daihatsus, basically Toyota's K-car line (sub 1000cc). They are about as cheap as can be and still have four wheels.

I'm biased to trucks but I'm also a gear head to I never leave shit stock.
On ice four wheel drive is a life saver because they don't get much traction with the light rear ends. I built a 300 pound weight/bumper that slides in the hitch assembly that I use when going anywhere I expect ice , it helps A LOT.
I'm a GM fan , the LS and new LT motors are fantastic , the truck transmissions are shit but after investing a little more in a built unit it's solid.
My work truck is a 2021 F-150 4x4 with a 5.0 , 10 speed and performance package and I'm very impressed with it so far , zero issues at all.
My son has a 2014 f-150 4x4 5.0 with 236,000+ miles , regular maintenance and it's running great , the rear main seal is leaking but I'd expect that after 200k.
If i were gonna get a car for icy weather id probably look at Audi.

I'm biased to trucks but I'm also a gear head to I never leave shit stock.
On ice four wheel drive is a life saver because they don't get much traction with the light rear ends. I built a 300 pound weight/bumper that slides in the hitch assembly that I use when going anywhere I expect ice , it helps A LOT.
I'm a GM fan , the LS and new LT motors are fantastic , the truck transmissions are shit but after investing a little more in a built unit it's solid.
My work truck is a 2021 F-150 4x4 with a 5.0 , 10 speed and performance package and I'm very impressed with it so far , zero issues at all.
My son has a 2014 f-150 4x4 5.0 with 236,000+ miles , regular maintenance and it's running great , the rear main seal is leaking but I'd expect that after 200k.
If i were gonna get a car for icy weather id probably look at Audi.
I love my 2019 3.5 F-150, never buy a first build year of a new gen I think is the golden rule. On Audis I have an Austrian friend who only drives Audi. Years back we got solid ice all over Memphis, so bad cars parked before the ice came were still sliding down hills. We were young and all made our way slowly to an abandoned mall parking lot. Rich kids and gear heads the American cars you could get to spin 8-10 times with speed. BMW and Mercedes maybe 1-2 times, his A4 you could get to 60 slam the wheel left or right and the traction control would right the car almost immediately it was so good on the ice it wasn’t fun.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws