over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT/ Subaru Forester vs Pickup truck.

Now was a great time to buy

This is not entirely true. I got 5k over KBB for my 2018 Tacoma with 22k miles on it when I traded. In the end they gave me 3k less than I paid for it brand new.

Also got a total of 17k off MSRP for the GMG 1500 AT4. I would've bought outright but with interest rates next to nothing I took 0.9% for 3yrs to stay more liquid.

I will echo that Tacoma's are super solid bullet proof trucks with the second highest residual value of any vehicle after Jeep Wrangler. I ultimately wanted the size and plushness of the full size truck

He’s looking for a used car not new....

I was just stating my experience for others following the conversation.

For sure, the fact that you got so much for your trade in actually furthers the point that it's a terrible time to buy a used car.....

Definitely agree with you about Tacoma's, Toyota trucks in general are all really overbuilt and sought after. Never understood the obsession with Wranglers though, I owned one new off the dealer lot in 2013 and it was a complete piece of shit brand new and they have some pretty serious engineering flaws. They are toys they're not real vehicles, but of course them being toys is probably why they are desired, but then again it's not like there is any exclusivity with them at all they're not made in limited numbers and people who buy them normally daily drive them so still doesn't make sense I never understood it. But I was sure grateful for it when I got rid of my piece of shit Jeep haha!

Easy .... if you’re a left wing snowflake buy the obligatory Subaru :p

Men with testicles own trucks

Got no love for snowflakes nor any particular love for Subaru’s but that Subaru will run circles around your compensating truck brotha.....

Trucks are a tool, if you’re driving a pickup but don’t actually need a pickup for work or your every day life then you’re just kind of a jackass haha

Only liberal, soy consuming men and lesbians drive Subarus. There’s always a faded Obama or “Im with Her” or Coexist bumper sticker on them. They are pathetic little shit boxes. Real MEN drive trucks. My truck does anything and everything, goes everywhere, looks fucking badass and has more power then you’ll ever need. In other words get a pickup and you’ll realize what you’ve been missing. Trucks kick ass.

Only liberal, soy consuming men and lesbians drive Subarus. There’s always a faded Obama or “Im with Her” or Coexist bumper sticker on them. They are pathetic little shit boxes. Real MEN drive trucks. My truck does anything and everything, goes everywhere, looks fucking badass and has more power then you’ll ever need. In other words get a pickup and you’ll realize what you’ve been missing. Trucks kick ass.

I had a Subaru XT back in 2004. De-tuned STI engine.
Great little SUV that could suck the headlights out of unsuspecting victims ;)

Well you’ve been away for awhile. Come back and when you’re on the highways look over at the Subaru’s you pass and tell me I’m lying lol. That being said, I do like the WRX STIs I see once in awhile. Fast little cars that handle great, I wouldn’t own one but I get the appeal of them. The Asian kids around here love them and drive em like they stole em hahaaa.

Love it. What kind of pickup bro? I’ve got a few f350’s and two dodge 2500, all diesel.

Mine are definitely a way of life for me. Couldn’t operate without my pickups.

Love it. What kind of pickup bro? I’ve got a few f350’s and two dodge 2500, all diesel.

Mine are definitely a way of life for me. Couldn’t operate without my pickups.

I’m a RAM guy, love them. I have a 1500 Night Edition all hooked up, just looks evil. Want a 2500 bad but with the 1500 TRX coming out I’m hoping to save the pennies for that if the price isn’t obscene. But we know it won’t be cheap. A Hellcat Hemi in a truck? sign me up

For what I do the 1500s are perfect size but yea the bigger boys do have their place, especially if you haul which I don’t.

if you're looking for good traction in ice and snow, I think either one is good as long as you have a second set of wheels with snow tires on them. A subaru with winter tires should be able to drive through almost anything. I owned 2 Audi A6 cars with AWD that I had a separate set of wheels and tires for winter. I drove through some deep snow and ice, never a problem. One snow storm I had to drive down a steep hill on a country road that had heavy snow. On the way down the hill there were 3 or 4 vehicles in the ditch, they had run off the road. One was a pickup truck that slammed into a tree. They looked at me driving by like it was a miracle.

I picked up my youngest at preschool and had to drive back through that road to get home. The cops had the road blocked and told me I wasn't allowed to go through. Had to turn around and take the highway. Took me an hour and a half to do what should have been 20 minutes at most.

I use to own a A3 AWD with seasonal tires and that damn thing was a tank in the snow, so I believe every word of what you said above. We had one of our heavier snows storms down here in raleigh, nc about 6-7 years ago and I still remember seeing car after car piled up on the side of the road ditches, highway shoulders or stuck or bottled neck at the exit ramps less traveled where snow was at least a foot deep and id be trucking along like it was any other day. The only real worry i had would be someone sliding into me on the highway. That was a damn good luxury starter car money could buy.

Any AWD with winter tires and thats going to be your safest bet over brand of car or truck.

I use to own a A3 AWD with seasonal tires and that damn thing was a tank in the snow, so I believe every word of what you said above. We had one of our heavier snows storms down here in raleigh, nc about 6-7 years ago and I still remember seeing car after car piled up on the side of the road ditches, highway shoulders or stuck or bottled neck at the exit ramps less traveled where snow was at least a foot deep and id be trucking along like it was any other day. The only real worry i had would be someone sliding into me on the highway. That was a damn good luxury starter car money could buy.

Any AWD with winter tires and thats going to be your safest bet over brand of car or truck.

100% on this.

4WD (or AWD) with all season tires is still 4x0 on snow and ice. Snow tires are a must in the winter.

Only the right tires help you stop....sort of important 😋

I would stay away from any modern Subaru except for the small engine Crosstrek with a manual transmission.

Subaru has went to absolute shit..if it’s automatic? Don’t get it..if it has a turbo? Don’t get it!!

There are a lot of small tru k options out right now..maybe one day Subaru will clean house

I would stay away from any modern Subaru except for the small engine Crosstrek with a manual transmission.

Subaru has went to absolute shit..if it’s automatic? Don’t get it..if it has a turbo? Don’t get it!!

There are a lot of small tru k options out right now..maybe one day Subaru will clean house
I am guessing he would have decided by now as the thread is 3 years old.

I am guessing he would have decided by now as the thread is 3 years old.
Well, if he got the Subaru he’s probably in the market for a new vehicle by now..so, he likely needed the reply

I spent the winter in Vermont. 4x4 truck’s DEFINITELY do much better with 200-250lbs at the back of the bed. I just threw some bags of dirt in there.

Well, if he got the Subaru he’s probably in the market for a new vehicle by now..so, he likely needed the reply
As Subaru's seem to last longer then virtually all other vehicles it may be a while before he is in the market again i would think.

Oh boy you’re gonna regret that! I know what you’re thinking, you’re thinking it’s just like your 4Runner a rugged purpose built vehicle but something new and different. But it’s not at all it’s a complete piece of shit compared to your 4Runner it’s not a real vehicle it’s a novelty and it’s built and drives like a novelty and not in a good way.

I bought a brand new off the lot 2013 Sierra unlimited to replace my Lexus Landcruiser. Well it took all of 6 months to decide i had enough andto get rid of it, thank god they hold their value. The 2013 brand new Jeep couldn’t hold a candle to a 1997 Toyota. Not to say Jeep makes bad vehicles, of all the American SUV’s I think a grand Cherokee is the best built one out there but that does not apply at all to the Wrangler, if it wasn’t for their novelty appeal and cult following nobody in their right mind would drive one.

You’ll see, it won’t take long and you’ll remember me telling you this!
Very true IMHO the last real jeep was built in 2006.

OP IMHO the best is the lightest vehicle with snow tires. In really slippery stuff, AWD will cut power to spinning wheels this can cause issues getting out of fluffy snow and sand. I've had AWD sports cars on snow tires and 4x4 on snow tires. The best was a Suzuki Samari because it didn't weigh more than 1800lbs. And the weight was evenly distributed. For a truck you need more weight in the rear to balance it.

As Subaru's seem to last longer then virtually all other vehicles it may be a while before he is in the market again i would think.
They really don’t..that’s a marketing play..Subarus are trash now

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner