over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT. Tattoos

Marine0811

Registered
I am a retired Marine, have my left arm sleeved up. Most people are receptive to it but I get the odd stare now and again. It seems that if you have a bit of muscle and a few tatts you get a label at the out set. I guess if you are sleeved up and have some mass you are a card carrying cromagnum felon.

Im done ranting will shut my hole

Tattoos have become so common, I don't see many people taking notice of them these days. I live in CA, I think it is one of the more heavily tattooed states. I notice at the gym, there are at least as many tattooed people as their are people without tattoos (women included).
I have 25 hours of work on my backpiece, It is 11 years old, and I remember the first few years I had it, it would blow people's minds. In the last few years, no one has said a word about it, it just doesn't stick out at all.
I think the days of associating tattoos with felons is long gone. I see more hipster dorks with sleeves than I do hardcore thugs.
My friend has a 19 year old girlfriend, she is about 90 lbs and cute as hell.... with a full sleeve that must have almost 100 hours in it.

I can see why some people might be intimidated by a heavily muscled and heavily tattooed guy. I look to friendly to ever be considered intimidating, not to mention my extensive tattoo work is all hidden under a t-shirt anyway.
I actually did take notice of a heavily tattooed guy at the gym two days ago. The only reason he stuck out to me is because I got the feeling he was really in need of attention. He was in his 40's, obviously on AAS, and had his whole upper body covered in ink. He was wearing a string tank top, I thought it was pretty lame.

I agree with you all, I am currently in the midwest,and in a consertive christan town. till the wife finishes her masters then we are out of here and back out west.

I knew before I started getting ink that it could draw some negative attention, but I made the decision that it was about what I wanted on my body not what anyone else thought about it. All of my ink can be covered with a longsleeve shirt and pants so it has never hurt me when I didn't want it too. With that being said I got my first tattoo at 15 years old, and 27 now with 16 pieces, and wish I only had about five of them lol.

I have quite a few tattoos and the onlyplace I have gotten a negative reaction is when I took my daughter to a "water babies" class. I got some snooty looks and the moms pretty much warmed up tome when they saw I was doin my thing with baby just like them. One lady actually commented that I was so "gentle" for such a "hard" looking man....silly - all i do is walk around smiling and joking like a kid...not sure whats so "hard" about me...not my abs, thats fer sure.

I get stared at and judge all the time, and don't give a shit about it any one person that thinks they can judge some one by whats on there skin are scum bags in my book and i don't care to hold a convo or friendly relationship with them either, they can get fuckd for all i care! GOD is my judge not some fuckn stranger!

I do get some looks. I have my right arm sleeved up but they are the complete opposite of what most thug or typical meats heads have. I got just traditional ink, like sunflowers,butterflies,pin up girls, angels, a pumpkin(thats right a PUMPKIN)....bright and bold color.

I think ppl trip out that i dont have the tribal or just black/grey tatts. And i live in a southern red state BTW.

If you are getting tats, you are asking for attention, negative and positive. I have 2 but are easily hidden. I would have a tendency to judge a guy that is heavily tatted and big. Its human nature to judge. Anyone says different is lying or oblivious.

If you are getting tats, you are asking for attention, negative and positive. I have 2 but are easily hidden. I would have a tendency to judge a guy that is heavily tatted and big. Its human nature to judge. Anyone says different is lying or oblivious.

:rolleyes: ha ha, judging anyone negatively for that matter with out knowing them is disrespectful.....

People judged me on this site because I have my favorite nfl team tattooed on my arm.

i always get compliments on mine i have a full tribal sleeve that covers my right arm pec and goes up my neck brass knuckles on that hand Lucky across my collerbone a black light tribal on my face a tatted up pin up girl in my wheelchair left forearm fight club soap on my left hand spider web left elbow just to name a few but im in a wheelchair so i guess more people are open to it but it is kinda funny if i pull a jacket and my wheelchair gloves off some peoples reactions

Yep, Ive got a bunch. People think I'm a thug if I wear a tank-top or at the beach. But I wear suit or street clothes usually, so not a problem.

They're all runic themes, so the only problem I've had is some dudes asking if I'm a Nazi or someone outright calling me a Nazi at the beach on vacation once. Which there are laws against being in Europe, so I just looked at him like he was an idiot and walked on.

So, muscles + tats = thug. In my case, Nazi thug. :rolleyes:

In new Zealand there is a greater proportion of people with tattoos for many reasons including cultural maori, samoan and in general more acceptable. Come over here no one will care :)

I don't ever get a whole lot off my tatts, but my new one I get a lot of weird comments cause its the green m&m bitch cracked out with meat hooks through her back chained to a padded walls with razor blades with bad wings flying above her!!! But it's my way of not putting every crazy bitch I ever dated on my arm!!

Thats human nature like it or not.:rolleyes:

hmmm i must be among the percentage of society that does not judge a book by its cover and think it about respect and not HUMAN nature! im human and dont judge joe blow from tom dick harry and sally!:confused:

hmmm i must be among the percentage of society that does not judge a book by its cover and think it about respect and not HUMAN nature! im human and dont judge joe blow from tom dick harry and sally!:confused:

You are among the small percentage. I would say 99% of people judge by appearance. Many times judging by looks is right on target. I see drug heads every day at work, and they are easily judged by their looks. FYI. Go to a club and see how many tat'd up meatheads act like Jersey shore. Its a freaking lot. Just saying.

Got stopped by TSA twice this last week while I went on vacation. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Maybe profiling. Didn't bother me too bad. Had nothing to hide. I guess if I didn't want the attention (good or bad) I wouldn't have gotten tattoos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner