advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: UFC 280 Oliveira vs Makhachev et al, this weekend!

Yan had ground control for over 5 minutes in a 15 minute fight. He rocked O’Malley just as many times O’Malley rocked him. I think he got robbed bad

MAIN FIGHT....LET'S DO THIS!

Makhachev looked good on the standup. I think the one weakness that Charles has is that he takes chances on the feet and leaves himself exposed to getting hit. He got hit by Gaethje, Poirier, and Chandler in all those fights, but he was able to come back and hurt them or be able to fall to the ground for his defense to clear any cobwebs. They said that Makhachev spent 1 million dollars (or somebody did) for his fight camp for this fight, and I can guarantee they studied that about Charles. Islam is the real-deal though, congrats to him. He was pretty much in control of the whole fight. I thought Charles nullified Islam's wrestling very well in the first round. He got put in a bad position when they went down in the second, and it cost him with that arm triangle. When you are these guy's level, one little mess-up or weakness can cost you the fight.

If the UFC makes the Islam vs Volkanovski fight happen, that will be pretty damn cool to watch. I think if it goes to the ground, Islam will beat him easily from the size difference. Also, if Volk goes up in weight, will it effect his cardio? That is his strongpoint, along with his ability to move on the feet quickly. Interesting matchup. I think Islam will have more to lose than Volk. Volk had a lot of problems when he Brian Ortega.

They HAVE to give Dariush either Islam or Oliveira for his next fight, he has earned it big time.

I gotta say I think Yan was robbed lol

Makachev looks ard to beat at 155.

Aljo looks hard to beat as well. Such a good physical advantage at 135 plus strong wrestling he's alot to handle

I think the Dariush vs. Gamrot fight is getting overlooked by many fans. That is a badass matchup!

Think i'm going with Oliveira as well.

I dont think anyone gives Dariush the credit he deserves (I didnt), even when he is on however many wins in a row that he is on now. He looked great against Gamrot, i was super impressed and would say he deserves the title shot next (although it appears to be going to Alex V which would no dount sell more PPV)

But Dariush just a very likeable guy and such an awesome talent.

Makhachev looked good on the standup. I think the one weakness that Charles has is that he takes chances on the feet and leaves himself exposed to getting hit. He got hit by Gaethje, Poirier, and Chandler in all those fights, but he was able to come back and hurt them or be able to fall to the ground for his defense to clear any cobwebs. They said that Makhachev spent 1 million dollars (or somebody did) for his fight camp for this fight, and I can guarantee they studied that about Charles. Islam is the real-deal though, congrats to him. He was pretty much in control of the whole fight. I thought Charles nullified Islam's wrestling very well in the first round. He got put in a bad position when they went down in the second, and it cost him with that arm triangle. When you are these guy's level, one little mess-up or weakness can cost you the fight.

If the UFC makes the Islam vs Volkanovski fight happen, that will be pretty damn cool to watch. I think if it goes to the ground, Islam will beat him easily from the size difference. Also, if Volk goes up in weight, will it effect his cardio? That is his strongpoint, along with his ability to move on the feet quickly. Interesting matchup. I think Islam will have more to lose than Volk. Volk had a lot of problems when he Brian Ortega.

They HAVE to give Dariush either Islam or Oliveira for his next fight, he has earned it big time.
What is a million dollar camp has to do with anything? same coach: same training partners.

Islam is just better overall.

Islam isn’t afraid to go to the ground with Charles; once Charles noticed that; he freaked out. Everyone thought Charles had a better stand up, and Islam poked holes into his stand up, and landed beautifully.

Islam will always beat Charles with 2 dollar or million dollar camp

What is a million dollar camp has to do with anything? same coach: same training partners.

Islam is just better overall.

Islam isn’t afraid to go to the ground with Charles; once Charles noticed that; he freaked out. Everyone thought Charles had a better stand up, and Islam poked holes into his stand up, and landed beautifully.

Islam will always beat Charles with 2 dollar or million dollar camp
What i'm saying is that if somebody is going to pay a million dollars, they better be getting their money's worth, and if I was in that group, i'd have looked at the weakness I pointed out above. I thought Charles did well on the ground. He wasn't winning the fight by being on his back, but he took no damage, which was impressive. I thjought Islam look impressive too, to take Charles down. Both guys are awesome, I think a lot of people wanted to see the ground game matchup, and I felt they delivered on that aspect. I don't think Charles freaked out, i'll differ on that, but it caused him to be more patient, in addition to Islam getting the better of him in the standup.

I'm not ready to agree with your last line. I hope they fight again. Both are great fighters, and Islam deserved the win.

What i'm saying is that if somebody is going to pay a million dollars, they better be getting their money's worth, and if I was in that group, i'd have looked at the weakness I pointed out above. I thought Charles did well on the ground. He wasn't winning the fight by being on his back, but he took no damage, which was impressive. I thjought Islam look impressive too, to take Charles down. Both guys are awesome, I think a lot of people wanted to see the ground game matchup, and I felt they delivered on that aspect. I don't think Charles freaked out, i'll differ on that, but it caused him to be more patient, in addition to Islam getting the better of him in the standup.

I'm not ready to agree with your last line. I hope they fight again. Both are great fighters, and Islam deserved the win.
He literally dominated Charles in every aspect. Grappling; on the floor, stand up, wrestling, was always on top of Charles.

Bro he submitted the submission master in the UFC, he submitted the guy with the most submissions in the UFC

he made Charles look like an amature. he rearranged Charles hair cut at the end lmao ..

Charles has always taken too much damage on the feet. His standup defense has never been very good and this time it bit him in the ass. Charles is an incredible grappler who figured out that he had some power in his hands. However, this time not only did it bite him in the ass, it happened against a killer on the ground. If Charles wasn't dazed from the hook maybe he could've hung on on the bottom but him being dazed absolutely allowed that sub to happen. Charles defends that Arm Triangle if he's not dazed from the hook. That being said, Maka can probably sub anyone in the division or at least keep them there if he gets on top.

All of these fighters who take big shots in fights, even the ones with great chins, eventually it catches up to them. I've never seen one fighter who was known for their ability to take punishment retain their "iron" chin forever. Eventually, they all pay the price and lose the ability to take a punch. It happened to Chuck, it happened to Dan Henderson, it happened to Fedor, it happens to everyone who plays that game and fights long enough. And the thing is, once it's gone it's gone and you don't know when until it's too late. It's almost like they can absorb tons of punishment and then they suffer that first KO and then they can't really take any big shots anymore. At least, that's what I've seen.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws