over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: UFC 284 - Makhachev vs Volkanowski 2/11

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Kickass fight here. Thoughts and predictions?

Give me location... Islam for the double champ win.

Give me location... Islam for the double champ win.
It's in Australia, so Volk will be the heavy crowd favorite. I don't think that will bother Islam though, he is built differently. Not saying he will win, although i'm slightly leaning his way right now....

Main card will start at 4pm eastern or 7pm pacific...if that helps anybody.

This fight is cool, regardless of who wins, because you have 2 guys who are not passed their primes, and both are champions in their divisions, and have put it on the line that many other fighters would not do.

I'm also slightly thinking that Islam may have more on the line to lose, than Volk. I just hope it's a great fight, I really like both of these guys. I can't wait!

It's in Australia, so Volk will be the heavy crowd favorite. I don't think that will bother Islam though, he is built differently. Not saying he will win, although i'm slightly leaning his way right now....

Main card will start at 4pm eastern or 7pm pacific...if that helps anybody.

This fight is cool, regardless of who wins, because you have 2 guys who are not passed their primes, and both are champions in their divisions, and have put it on the line that many other fighters would not do.

I'm also slightly thinking that Islam may have more on the line to lose, than Volk. I just hope it's a great fight, I really like both of these guys. I can't wait!

The main card starts at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST, brotha.

Should be an awesome fight. Heart says Volk but brain said Islam. The guy truly is built different; watching him train is like nothing I've seen before. These Dagestani guys are complete monsters and cardio freaks, it's insane what they do on a consistent basis.

I haven't followed in a while who are the top heavyweight and next class down and top overall? Last I paid attention kabib retired, Francis can't spell last name was the top heavyweight and Israel adesanya was top notch.

I haven't followed in a while who are the top heavyweight and next class down and top overall? Last I paid attention kabib retired, Francis can't spell last name was the top heavyweight and Israel adesanya was top notch.

Heavyweight is vacant, Ngannou departed the company. Heavyweight championship fight is next month between Ciryl Gane and the returning Jon Jones.

Light Heavyweight champion is Jamahal Hill

Middleweight champion is Alex Pereira (rematch with Israel Adesanya coming up soon)

Welterweight champion is Leon Edwards (rematch with Kamaru Usman coming up soon)

Lightweight champion is Islam Makahachev who is defending against Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski tonight

Featherweight champion is Alexander Volkanovski

Bantamweight champion is Aljamain Sterling

Flyweight champion is Brandon Moreno

Top 10 Men P4P:
(1) Alexander Volkanovski
(2) Islam Makachev
(3) Leon Edwards
(4) Kamaru Usman
(5) Israel Adesanya
(6) Alex Pereira
(7) Aljamain Sterling
(8) Charles Oliveira
(9) Brandon Moreno
(10) Jiri Prochazka

Volk should never be underestimated

But Islam is most likely going to get the W. The guillotine Volk got put into against Ortega showed a ton of resolve, but Islam won't be that forgiving with any submission. Zero mistakes.

P.S- Watch me eat my words since MMA is crazy lol

I’m going Volk. People forget he was a 200 lb rugby player. He won’t be overwhelmed

The main card starts at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST, brotha.

Should be an awesome fight. Heart says Volk but brain said Islam. The guy truly is built different; watching him train is like nothing I've seen before. These Dagestani guys are complete monsters and cardio freaks, it's insane what they do on a consistent basis.
Oh man, than ks for that correction, lol. Not sure what I was thinking for the eastern time:)

I have the same thoughts as you on the match-up.

Hoping the going up a class doesn't hamper Volk's cardio at all. He is a cardio machine at featherweight. Hope it's not like a 1 punch and done fight. I want to see a good one, even if it becomes one-sided on the winner.

I’m really wanting Volk to pull this off he’s gonna be the fresher fighter tonight Islam didn’t look like he had a easy time cutting the weight hopefully Volk can use his speed and striking to pull of the upset

Walking out right now!~!~! Freakin' amp'd up, lol!

INSANE fight. Would have been fine with 48-47 split decision either way. I guess 48-47 UD for Islam makes sense, but the one judge that scored it 49-46 for Islam should be fired. Complete idiot.

INSANE fight. Would have been fine with 48-47 split decision either way. I guess 48-47 UD for Islam makes sense, but the one judge that scored it 49-46 for Islam should be fired. Complete idiot.
Yea, that 49-46 score is hard to swallow. I am in agreement for the most part that a 48-47 from all 3 would have been appropriate.

I actually think that Volk looked stronger at the end of the fight, especially had it gone longer, than Islam. That last round, Volk was really pushing it, and to me, it looked like Islam was tiring a bit. I think Volk waited a little long to turn up the heat, though I understand that is easier said than done when you have a monster in front of you, lol. Volk showed that Islam is human, while still walking away looking good himself.

This fight was freakin' awesome for sure. I hope they fight again.

i think its going to be an easy decision to run that back if they both keep on their winning ways

I also wonder what Alex will do should he continue to completely dominate the FW division like he is, parhaps he will move to LW full time which would ne awesome to see. I just dont see what staying at FW is going to do for him longer term.

Volk will win the rematch. The guys tank doesn't empty. I think if he would have pushed the pace harder, he would have gotten the victory. Definitely a good fight.

Anyone see John Jones last night? I don't follow ufc close how impressive is it for him to put on 43 lbs and still be effective? Guy used to be lean looked pretty soft with a good amount of fat but won.

Anyone see John Jones last night? I don't follow ufc close how impressive is it for him to put on 43 lbs and still be effective? Guy used to be lean looked pretty soft with a good amount of fat but won.

He actually looked really good for 248lbs and a natural LHW. He's actually pretty lean, but need to remember it's his first time fighting at 43lbs heavier than normal.

Still quick and agile and knows how to throw his weight around. Looked awkward on the feet and admitted he was, but didn't give the striker a chance to strike and caught him making a mistake early and made him pay with his wrestling.

Jon Jones is by far the greatest combat athlete of all time.

He said he was going to go back down in weight to perform and feel like he normally does for future fights.

His performance vs Gane was impressive to say the least. After a 3 year layoff and putting on a significant amout of weight, he made it look almost effortless and flawless in fighting for the Heavyweight UFC title. The ONLY "significant" strike he took was an illegal kick to the midsection!Lol

I think Stipe will be a more formidable opponent for Jones but I think Jones will prove to be too much for anyone on this planet!! GOAT -"BAAAHHHHH"!Lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws