over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: What should my next car be?

You don't want to be anywhere near a maserati without a warranty. Get them new or a year or 2 old tops, get out of them before the warranty expires and pass that trouble on to somebody else.
Really?

how do you guys stay humble as the cars, houses, watches and girls get nicer and nicer?

I could post this on any of the respective car forums but they're all bias and I value your opinions as men and women of progressiveness, no homo.

I've owned my 1997 LX450 since I was 16 in 2000, it's pretty much a land cruiser with Lexus badges if you're unfamiliar and it's my baby and I love it. The problem is at this point it's pretty much a hobby vehicle and I'm not a mechanic, it's 20 years old and the price of parts, if you can even find them, is gross and that's if you can even find someone who knows how to work on it properly. That and again it's 20 years old so while it does get respect from people that know what it is and also from people who are intrigued because they've never seen one before it's not exactly dropping panties rolling down the street.

So a couple years ago after I found out my ex fiancé was a super slut I said fuck it and decided I was going to start enjoying life, I leased a Lexus GS350 F sport. It's boring Toyota but this is their attempt to not be boring and it's a great car, especially the build quality, but my lease is up next month and I'm not going to get the same car again. I shopped around and I'm still really undecided.

I'm the biggest patriot you'll ever meet but I don't do American cars, I have my reasons and not in the mood to ramble about that! I don't like BMW and Mercedes, they just don't do it for me. If I'm going to look at Audi I might as well just stick with Lexus and Jaguar is overpriced for what you get, this is all just my opinions from shopping around of course. I visited half a dozen dealerships and really nothing is nicer than my GS overall, they're all a step down. Here is where I am at this point:

Lexus RC350 F Sport, it's a step down from my GS for sure but it's cheaper and sportier which I like. In this case I would keep my LX.

Maserati Ghibli, very pretty car but really the prettiest part is the emblem on he outside. It's very expensive and the interior is a Chrysler, if it weren't for that I probably would have done it already. In this scenario I also keep the LX, I have to have a truck for work and the winter.

The last and probably most practical scenario is I sell my LX and just lease a new Lexus SUV, a GX. Having two cars is kinda a headache for no reason, is it really that deep that I don't have a sporty car? It's not like my GS is a Ferrari or something or I'm out there racing for slips dude. 😐

What do you guys think?

If impressing hotties is a concern I will suggest a new C- class Meecedes. AMG if you can afford it. Guaranteed panty dropper

I became really good friends with a mechanic who only works high end cars. Used to work for Maserati and said they are endless drama. Hes got his own shop now and he just flat out refuses to work on Maseratis, he says the work never stops and they always end up back in the shop. Then he's gotta explain why a week after last weeks monster bill hes got another monster bill for them. He told me it is absolutely the last car brand he'd buy off warranty and told me I'd be stupid to even consider it. Didn't hold back lol It's not even close to it's Italian counterparts in quality but it also doesn't carry quite the same price tag either. As I said get it new to newish and enjoy cause they're fun, but once you see that warranty end date creeping up, pass it on.

If impressing hotties is a concern I will suggest a new C- class Meecedes. AMG if you can afford it. Guaranteed panty dropper

Pussy is always a factor but you don't need a car for that I wasn't specifically talking about that, helps though! Mercedes never did it for me, in my head it was always a boring old mans car, like somethings a corporate lame douche drives. I know that's not true and MB makes some Billy badass cars but that's just what stuck in my head.

Leasing works great for me. It's cheaper monthly payments and I get a new car every 3 years. Some people is doesn't work for. I like new cars. Either way, buy or lease I'm going to have a payment.

I agree. It really does make sense if you don't mind spending more money to have a new car all of the time that is always under warranty. Heck, some new cars like Volvo come with free maintenance the length of the warranty which is 4 years if I remember right and that is long enough to cover most leases.

Myself, I prefer to buy now and keep the car as long as I can. So far it has paid off for us since the cars have been reliable and haven't had any big bills yet. Two of our cars we bought have a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain and so we will hold onto those for a long time. The cars will undoubtedly go to my two daughters when they are ready to drive.

In the long run though I think that leasing all of the time is going to be more expensive in the long run, especially since you are paying for the depreciation of the car when it is brand new which is when it depreciates the most.

You don't want to be anywhere near a maserati without a warranty. Get them new or a year or 2 old tops, get out of them before the warranty expires and pass that trouble on to somebody else.

Even a Maserati/Porsche salesman told me that. The cars are very unreliable and he said that he tries to steer people away from them and into Porsche instead. The dealer sells both. The salesman did say that he felt the Granturismo was much better than the others.

I became really good friends with a mechanic who only works high end cars. Used to work for Maserati and said they are endless drama. Hes got his own shop now and he just flat out refuses to work on Maseratis, he says the work never stops and they always end up back in the shop. Then he's gotta explain why a week after last weeks monster bill hes got another monster bill for them. He told me it is absolutely the last car brand he'd buy off warranty and told me I'd be stupid to even consider it. Didn't hold back lol It's not even close to it's Italian counterparts in quality but it also doesn't carry quite the same price tag either. As I said get it new to newish and enjoy cause they're fun, but once you see that warranty end date creeping up, pass it on.

That salesman I mentioned said he had a few customers that insisted on buying one and within a year or so the troubles the cars had was so bad that the customers dumped the cars and were so pissed off at the dealer that they never did business again. He lost some good customers.

I've also heard that while shopping around for high end cars, never own a Maserati out of warranty. All the owner know it too that's why the depreciation on them is like a boulder off a cliff.

I used to be all about the 2 door sportcars

Now I get my 'fix' on sport/superbikes and while I like sporty cars I'm alright with 'settling' for a four-door sport sedan..and AWD kicks ass for our snowy winters.

And I still refuse to own an automatic (yet) so I love my AWD/V8/6MT combo...

Since you like your lexus, how about the IS-F?

My car is an audi S4...I'd like to replace/upgrade it with a RS4 next...

If you don't like BMW/Mercedes I understand, but there are a few nice M/AMG options there...

Finally the domestics have come a long way...even the cadillac ATS (sp?) is pretty impressive for the $$$....

As ALLEX once suggested to me I will pass it on and tell you to go and buy a Lamborghini LOL jk.

Yours Truly,
Dr. Clark

Good memory, Dr. Clark!!!! :D

Glad to see Toraxx doing well. ;)

Get a bike...4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!!!! I used to be in to cars but ever since riding on the track...I am telling you its the best addiction ever!!!!!

Attachments

• T HILL 9.19.16JPG.jpg
    T HILL 9.19.16JPG.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 60
How can you be the biggest patriot id ever meet and drive a foriegn car? The biggst patriot id meet would be just as patriotic as you plus drive an american car.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear